Great article on Iowa's Josey Jewell

Watkins90

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000892841/article/josey-jewell-the-outlaw-from-iowa-with-a-heart-of-gold

I thought I would share this article from NFL.com on Iowa's starting middle linebacker Josey Jewell. The guy grew up 35 minutes from where I live and is marrying the daughter of my mother-in-law's friend, and as a side note will be hosting his wedding reception in the town I live in. 

It's an excellent article, and Jewell is exactly the type of player that McDermott would want on his team. I think, and I hope, if the Bills draft him, he'll be the next great linebacker for the Bills. Either way, its cool to see a small town Iowa kid make such a big impact. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000892841/article/josey-jewell-the-outlaw-from-iowa-with-a-heart-of-gold

I thought I would share this article from NFL.com on Iowa's starting middle linebacker Josey Jewell. The guy grew up 35 minutes from where I live and is marrying the daughter of my mother-in-law's friend, and as a side note will be hosting his wedding reception in the town I live in. 

It's an excellent article, and Jewell is exactly the type of player that McDermott would want on his team. I think, and I hope, if the Bills draft him, he'll be the next great linebacker for the Bills. Either way, its cool to see a small town Iowa kid make such a big impact. 

5 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

I want this dude bad! 2nd round pick, sign him up. 

I'm really hoping they can get some LB help.  This D needs a Luke Kuechly and a Thomas Davis.  I think we have something in Milano...let's hope they can get some more talent in the draft.  

8 minutes ago, dulles said:

I'm really hoping they can get some LB help.  This D needs a Luke Kuechly and a Thomas Davis.  I think we have something in Milano...let's hope they can get some more talent in the draft.  

I think they'd have been all over Thomas Davis this offseason if he hadn't re-upped with Carolina last summer.    That felt like a pre-emptive measure against McD.

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

That is a fantastic article.  The guy sounds like a football player, one that lacks the "measurments" but has all the actual football skills to be an impact player.  Hope we draft him.  

The one "measurable" that matters for MLB in this D is speed.  I'll take a 235 pound guy who can fly/has the instincts to get to the right hole quicker.

16 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Kid is a playmaker