Tyler Dunne Article on Sammy Watkins' Maturation

26CornerBlitz

Same arguments back and forth about Watkins. I wish him well. It’s a better fit where he is now that he’s not a #1 WR he was drafted to be. Whether he stays there or not beyond this year i dont know. One thing I do know is he is much more revered on this board than he is around the league by nfl personnel guys. Maybe he can repair his image with all these propaganda articles where he comes clean and people wax poetic about his maturity. I selfishly wish he was still here because i thought he had potential but i know the deal.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

I'll say it again: some day, some how, the Bills need a player development program.  The good franchises have them.  McD's program seems to be, "Let's bring in players who don't need any development."  That ain't sustainable.

Put it another way: the coaches who are going to have long careers are the ones who can get production and buy-in out of the Watkins and Dareus types.  It's EASY to get production out of Tre' White, any coach could do it.  Rex could do it.  That doesn't distinguish a good coach.

How could McD have developed Watkins or Dareus?   They were in the league for 4 years before he arrived.  And you can't conveniently have it both ways, saying he should have developed them and not give him credit for White because anyone could have done it.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It's EASY to get production out of Tre' White, any coach could do it

One of the knocks on White's scouting reports was poor tackling. I would say the coaches fixed that, he already tackles better than Gilmore ever did.

Edited by HappyDays

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same arguments back and forth about Watkins. I wish him well. It’s a better fit where he is now that he’s not a #1 WR he was drafted to be. Whether he stays there or not beyond this year i dont know. One thing I do know is he is much more revered on this board than he is around the league by nfl personnel guys. Maybe he can repair his image with all these propaganda articles where he comes clean and people wax poetic about his maturity. I selfishly wish he was still here because i thought he had potential but i know the deal.

Now you did it. The Sammy cult will not like this.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Talk about revisionist history!  What "cost him his job on his beloved hometown team" was a joke of a HC who is now out of the NFL and will never coach in the NFL again.  Since joining the Bills, he's only rushed for more yards than any other RB in the NFL.  Oh and don't worry about Shady.  He's made the playoffs before and probably wishes they had a decent QB more than anything else.   

And great, another player who "matures" after leaving Buffalo.  Like I said before...

What cost him his job was an unwillingness to run the ball between the hashes as Kelly wanted him to.

He'd fallen in love with his outside game......which had lead to him leading the NFL in fewest yards per touch in 2014......... and he brought that baggage to Buffalo and spent an entire season taking nearly every carry sideways until he got out of bounds while the MG's and Karlos' took the inside route to the house over and over.

He fessed up to it and did a 180 after that disastrous 2015 and has been a better runner and teammate ever since.   Probably wouldn't even kiss the Eagle and not ride back with the team if they had played in Philly the past two seasons.   I've credited him for his turnaround many times but make no mistake he was an epic douche.......Sammy Watkins behavior wasn't even in the same universe of douchebaggery.:lol:

As for Chip Kelly.......I'll put it this way.......if Sean McDermott had interviewed for the UCLA job do you think he's have gotten it?    Kelly might have been out of his element in the NFL but make no mistake he is viewed as a big time HC.   McD is Steve Spagnolo without a SB ring at this point.

8 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I dont get why people get so defensive over Sammy

Trading guys like Lynch and Peters and Sammy haven't worked out well..........there are still people who defend the awful Lynch and Peters trades and those guys are likely HOF'ers.    

It's disappointing being around fellow Bills fans who remain so willfully ignorant. :lol:

There are no farm teams in the NFL but the Bills are run worse than patsies in leagues where there ARE huge payroll disadvantages.

Like MLB........Bills are run worse than the Pittsburgh Pirates or Tampa Bay Rays or Florida Marlins......teams that can't draw flies.

Glad I am a Yankee fan so I can at least laugh at B word-ass teams in the same neighborhood as the Bills in other sports. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Dee ... Koy.

I forgot to mention the Mets.......they are actually run worse than the Bills and will be for the rest of your life at least.   God bless the Wilpons.     You think maybe Ralph's family changed their name from Wilpon at Ellis Island?:lol:

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Talk about revisionist history!  What "cost him his job on his beloved hometown team" was a joke of a HC who is now out of the NFL and will never coach in the NFL again.  Since joining the Bills, he's only rushed for more yards than any other RB in the NFL.  Oh and don't worry about Shady.  He's made the playoffs before and probably wishes they had a decent QB more than anything else.   

And great, another player who "matures" after leaving Buffalo.  Like I said before...

Misleading stat.

He's been outrushed by Zeke since he entered the league and Zeke has been serving a suspension for weeks.

McCoy is the best if you don't count any new RB's or RB's who have gotten hurt or...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought his talent was never in doubt among the league, just his other baggage.  What's the scoop?  Potential has a shelf life?

9 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Misleading stat.

He's been outrushed by Zeke since he entered the league and Zeke has been serving a suspension for weeks.

McCoy is the best if you don't count any new RB's or RB's who have gotten hurt or...

I thought his talent was never in doubt among the league, just his other baggage.  What's the scoop?  Potential has a shelf life?

Soft (mentally)

Edited by YoloinOhio