Would you rather be New England or Cincannati?

Tatonka68

Cincinnati is loaded with talented players, OT, DT, WR & LB you name it. But their QB is not great. The Result plenty of playoff appearances, ZERO  playoff victories.

New England has one of the best QB's in history who makes their OT, DT, WR & LB more talented and wins SUPERBOWLS! 

Isn't 17 years of missing the playoffs and the last great QB suited up for the Bills in 1995, Jim Kelly. Enough is enough, without a great QB we will always be a big joke, Lets change this in 2018.

Jim Kelly.jpg

Edited by Tatonka68

I really think your point is extreme.

tom Brady is arguably the best quarterback ever to play and NE on top of that has way more talent/better coaching than the Bills.

so basically the bills just got to add more talent, and find one of the best qbs/coaches of all time and then they'll start winning more?..

And it takes  more than just a great QB. If you don't believe me, look at the saints record the past couple years 

Edited by billsfan11

Everything is cyclical. It is that some cycles take longer. The day of reckoning will eventually find the Pats* and they too will say "remember when?"

To answer your question, neither. But if the question is would I rather be a team that is a SB contender every year or one that goes one and done in the playoffs consistently then my answer is the former. 

I would rather be Buffalo.  If Mike Brown was my owner I would have found a new team a decade ago.  My brother lives in Cincinnati and is a Bungles fan so I have a pretty good perspective on the train wreck it is. Mike Brown makes Ralph Wilson look like Vince Lombardi.

As for New England, a friggin' Chowd?  Are you kidding me?  I would have stuck a 45 in my mouth years ago.

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yeah, who needs Aaron Rogers....

Obviously not the Packers, trotting him out with a gimp throwing shoulder when they need to win out just to make the playoffs.  Never mind that sieve of a defense they have that gives them *zero* chance of going any where even if they do get by Detroit and Minnesota.  I got a dollar that says he re-breaks that collar bone.  Stupidest move I have seen from the Packers in years. Probably since they hired Ray Rhodes.

Edited by simool

40 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

QBs dont magically make players more talented .   People need to stop using this cliche.

Maybe not "more talented" in the literal sense but more talented by perception since a HOF QB makes an entire team appear better. its a QB driven league...

A HOF QB will make the WR OL TE and Running game better

A HOF QB will also make the entire defense appear better by keeping them off the field and rested and forcing other teams offense into shoot out situaitons

• Thank you (+1) 1

Would you rather be Houston or New Orleans?

Since 2012, one is 41-39 with 3 playoff appearances, 2 playoff wins, 1 season with a losing record, and their success was built around a talented roster and mediocre plug & play QBs. The other is 39-41 with 1 playoff appearance, 1 playoff win, 4 seasons with a losing record, and their success was built around a great QB and mediocre roster.

• Like (+1) 1

Even the top QBs drafted in the last several years haven't even sniffed Brady or Rodgers.  Jared Goff was garbage without any weapons and still has some trouble with things like holding onto the ball...look at the Philly game.  

Wentz is surrounded by great talent.  Winston has been up and down with some top receiving talent and Mariota isn't that great of a passer.  Keep going back and that will continue.  

You can say all you want about the elite QBs blah blah blah...they have to be there though.  These guys were taken number 1 and 2 and aren't even in the same breath as the QBs in which you describe.  

The opportunity to draft the player and the player himself has to be there.  In the last several years, they haven't been.  Who knows how any of these guys will do in the NFL.  We will see.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Would you rather be Houston or New Orleans?

Since 2012, one is 41-39 with 3 playoff appearances, 2 playoff wins, 1 season with a losing record, and their success was built around a talented roster and mediocre plug & play QBs. The other is 39-41 with 1 playoff appearance, 1 playoff win, 4 seasons with a losing record, and their success was built around a great QB and mediocre roster.

New Orleans hands down. Not only did they win a Super Bowl outside that time frame, but with a QB like Brees you can add a few pieces/have a few things fall your way and bang...you're one of the best teams in the league. Houston, and other teams with saddled with talented rosters and mediocre QBs, have a much thinner range of success owing to the much larger amount of variables required for a championship run IMO.