Bills Place Cordy Glenn on IR; Will Undergo Offseason Foot Surgery

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

Got to keep him another year, what could we get for him a 6th round pick? I'd rather roll the dice on him getting healthy.

....think he's been pretty durable up until this year and I don't recall prior surgery......so repair 'em and see............it will be an endless debate like the "Sammy Two Schools of Thought"...."injury prone and good riddance" versus if he is sent packing, a litany of "clueless OBD let him get away"...stay tuned.....

• Like (+1) 1

Lets see how he responds to the surgery.  He is a good player and I would discuss a more to RT with him.  I do always worry when a big man starts getting feet problems though.  Those seem to become chronic issues and can even lead to shortened careers.  

2 hours ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Because he doesn't like to play football. 

He has an injury but no one knows exactly what it is. He says he can't play because it hurts, it's sore but no one knows WTF is wrong with it. And then when he does practice a few days he gets an illness and can't practice. Then after he feels better his foot hurts again. Its kind of like when your kid doesn't want to go to school cause they say they have a sore throat so you take him to the doctor.  The doctor says the kid is fine then he wants to play with  his friends in the adternoon. The next morning he says he's sick and wants to stay home from school again. You send the kid to school. The guy is a basket case evidently. McD don't like that kind of player. He's gone if he doesn't restructure IMO.   

Just WOW!

47vKz4K.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/15/2017 at 7:43 AM, thebandit27 said:

It would be a folly to trade Glenn.  There's no reason to do so when you don't have to pay Dawkins until after the 2020 season.

Move Glenn over to RT and let Mills be the swing OT.  Cut Ducasse and draft an OG to compete with Miller, and you'll go into the 2018 season with a starting 5 of:

Dawkins-Richie-Wood-Miller-Glenn

...backed up by Mills, Groy, and a rookie.

That is a good plan for 2018. I would favor a FA RG over a rookie. They need a QB, two DL,  two LB and probably a TE out of draft before they can address OL.

If they let Glenn go or he cant play then OT becomes a priority over LB. 

FA of course will change everything 

23 hours ago, cba fan said:

Players heal,............signed Sammy Watkins ankle/foot, Ted Washington ankles, Drew Bress shoulder, Thurman Thomas knee, Willis McGahee knee, Carson Palmer knee, etc etc........

for every player who is injured and they say it is career threatening, vast majority play again.

I love how everyone just assumes he can be traded.

What kind of GM not wanting to get fired would give up any assets for this guy?

This team is ancient. They write interoffice notes in hieroglyphics and sometimes Latin. 2nd oldest in NFL.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article173319326.html

Although I can't deny the stats of the average age of the team, I think that if you look at key positions and starters it is kind of hard to think of this team as an old team. They aren't a young team but they don't scream old. InCog, Wood and Shady are the only starters 29 or older. Glenn, Tyrod, and Clay are the only offensive starters that are 28. The rest of the offense is fairly young. 

Defensively they are young in the secondary but a bit older in the front 7 where Kyle, Lorax, and Hughes are all well into their 30's, but they have some young pieces and certainly have enough cap space to plug some holes before the draft. I don't see the doom and gloom of next season. They have 4 picks in the first two rounds and a decent amount of cap space, plus a team that is halfway decent. I am not predicting they will turn it around but I also don't think that there isn't a reason you can't be optimistic either.