Bills Place Cordy Glenn on IR; Will Undergo Offseason Foot Surgery

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep.

The salary purge made no sense to me either. We were in fine salary cap shape even if we picked up Sammys option before the trades of both he and Dareus.

Hopefully it leads to an active FA because as you mentioned they don't have a QB they have to pay in the foreseeable future and now they have tons of cap room. 

We were in bad cap shape before this past off-season.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

We have a starting LT already. A younger, cheaper, and healthier one.

Yeah, but he's not necessarily  BETTER.  Dawkins has played well as a rookie but that doesn't mean that he's going to continue to develop and improve.  Lots of rookies don't, and what's "good" for a rookie isn't all that good for a three or four year veteran.  If he doesn't, then he'll end up a mediocre LT at best, which means that whoever is the Bills QB in the future will be getting pummeled unnecessarily ... because the Bills were once again too cheap to keep their own talent.

16 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Yeah, but he's not necessarily  BETTER.  Dawkins has played well as a rookie but that doesn't mean that he's going to continue to develop and improve.  Lots of rookies don't, and what's "good" for a rookie isn't all that good for a three or four year veteran.  If he doesn't, then he'll end up a mediocre LT at best, which means that whoever is the Bills QB in the future will be getting pummeled unnecessarily ... because the Bills were once again too cheap to keep their own talent.

Let's look at it this way:

say you bring back cordy glenn next year, and he comes back overweight from more than a year of inactivity. or even worse, he doesn't ever really heal. Then what?

Now you've got $$$$$$$ locked up in a guy who is essentially useless. But hey, you "kept your own talent."

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Let the draft picks mature a year or two then sync up your big FA signings. Follow Jacksonville.

McCoach likely told TPegs that he could win this year.  And this is already an older team headed toward no more than a 9-7 finish in McCoach's first season. It's unlikely 2018 draft picks are going to come in and in some cases replace the departed talent and improve the team right out of the gate.

A team that doesn't acknowledge they're rebuilding and tries to cushion the blow will end up rebuilding anyway. It's just might be with another regime.  They don't have 2 seasons to be mediocre to average, i.e. 6-9 wins, before things need to click.

It's interesting, but "injury prone" is a real thing.

Some guys can't stay healthy when subjected to the NFL grind.

Weak bones?  Bad genes?  Not a big enough heavy duty frame to play football?

Not sure what Glenn's problem is, but he is injury prone.

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

If they trade him after 6/1/18 (like they did with Sammy), they'd save $11.25M against the 2018 cap (trading him prior to 6/1/18 would only save $4.85M)

Without even considering what Glenn can do when healthy you get the sense from how this new regime has operated that most of what Whaley has done is being flushed out. It seems that there is a determined effort to rework the salary structure and replace with their guys. Watkins, Dareus and probably at some point Glenn will all have been directed toward the exit door. It was reported that Glenn was being dangled to Seattle. So it seems that their intentions for him are well telegraphed. 

I, like you, would like to keep him instead of creating another hole. Odds are that it is unlikely to happen. 

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Without even considering what Glenn can do when healthy you get the sense from how this new regime has operated that most of what Whaley has done is being flushed out. It seems that there is a determined effort to rework the salary structure and replace with their guys. Watkins, Dareus and probably at some point Glenn will all have been directed toward the exit door. It was reported that Glenn was being dangled to Seattle. So it seems that their intentions for him are well telegraphed. 

I, like you, would like to keep him instead of creating another hole. Odds are that it is unlikely to happen. 

I like you too :lol:

You are astute and perspicacious :D

46 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

McCoach likely told TPegs that he could win this year.  And this is already an older team headed toward no more than a 9-7 finish in McCoach's first season. It's unlikely 2018 draft picks are going to come in and in some cases replace the departed talent and improve the team right out of the gate.

A team that doesn't acknowledge they're rebuilding and tries to cushion the blow will end up rebuilding anyway. It's just might be with another regime.  They don't have 2 seasons to be mediocre to average, i.e. 6-9 wins, before things need to click.

Next year should be a step back record wise as the youth movement begins and they go through growing pains at QB. If the Pegulas brought Beane and McD and let them clean up the locker room I would be really dissapointed if they don't get 3 years.

McD's in game management definitely needs to improve but a 3 year minimum should be in place. If Beane drafts well and McD can't get his act together then the coach is replaceable.

21 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I like you too :lol:

You are astute and perspicacious :D

Most people consider me to be annoying and a dullard. Your perspicacity is now in doubt.  Anyone who likes me needs to have their judgment questioned. I don't even like myself. You are a lonely outlier. :D

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Selling low is better than getting nothing.

Have to disagree with this one man.

Selling low also makes a team look foolish, see Dareus and Ragland this year.

Not to mention you have to waste valuable draft stock to replace a LT which is very rough to find and we have plenty of holes to fill already. The Bills want him ready for next season as do I.

TBD fans are so fickle. Every time a player gets injured for more then 2 games they must go cause they are injury prone???

Either way it's out of my hands. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Have to disagree with this one man.

Selling low also makes a team look foolish, see Dareus and Ragland this year.

Not to mention you have to waste valuable draft stock to replace a LT which is very rough to find and we have plenty of holes to fill already. The Bills want him ready for next season as do I.

TBD fans are so fickle. Every time a player gets injured for more then 2 games they must go cause they are injury prone. 

Either way it's out of my hands. 

We have a LT.

Maybe if you kept the gimp to play RT.

*shrug*