Bills Place Cordy Glenn on IR; Will Undergo Offseason Foot Surgery

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

There's literally one person in this thread that said that, and if you really stretch to find something similar, you could possibly infer that one other poster said implied tangentially similar.

Yeah, it would have to be similar to Sammy where he shows well in the preseason.

Yep.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

And yet Mills is still terrible.

Keep Glenn see if Dawkins or Glenn can play RT. 

If you can fleece a team for a 2 for glenn, then you draft his replacement with said pick and move on.

Sure, you can roll the dice and keep him and pray to the baby jesus he heals and isn't a bloated tub of goo after a year of inactivity.

I don't like those odds.

13 minutes ago, M. Wrotto said:

He was  complete waste of Salary Cap space all year. We have Groy just sitting there on the sidelines, surely we could figure a way to get him on the field.

Shame on Glenn for getting hurt. Didn't he know the Bills needed him? As for Groy, he isn't on the field for a reason. I'm not sure why, but he's apparently not better than Ducasse.

If the Bills trade Glenn in the off-season and expect to go with Dawkins at LT with the whomever at RT, I'd like to see the salary purge lead to something. (EDIT: Then again, with this injury history, I don't see them getting much).

McBeane has saved a considerable amount by letting Gilmore and Woods go to UFA, then trading Watkins and Dareus. They already having almost nothing on the books for a QB for next season. Perhaps they're looking to spend on the front 7, but I can't understand why we're back to them cutting costs like the Littman/Brandon days. Not to mention, the cap is increasing to 174-178M next season.

If Glenn has a nagging issue and they get something for him, well, good luck. But purging all this salary better lead to something.

Edited by BillsVet

Wonder what kind of foot surgery?  Something lets say minor that people recover from all the time.  Or something really complex, you're never the same.  Carrying 300+# and being athletic on his feet, that can't help.  Wonder if his one kidney contributes to it.  Like gout or whatever on top of whatever else is going on.  IDK.................

28 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

just about everyone in this thread.

"heal him up, he'll be a beast..."

etc. I don't like the odds of a fat man with bad feet ever returning to form.

sometimes medical procedures help players heal. That's why they do them.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep.

The salary purge made no sense to me either. We were in fine salary cap shape even if we picked up Sammys option before the trades of both he and Dareus.

Hopefully it leads to an active FA because as you mentioned they don't have a QB they have to pay in the foreseeable future and now they have tons of cap room. 

I think they'll be aggressive in FA again, but I would expect a similar approach as last year: sign solid players (Hyde/Poyer/Hauschka) that are scheme and personality fits, but aren't bank-breakers.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think Cordy is a Bill next season, or at least part of next season.  He'll have to start a few games to prove he's healthy which should get some trade value for him.

Hope this works out, he's been durable until this season.

I think that will be the case as well. That cap hit would be too costly to not get anything in return, and I doubt they will dump him this offseason due to the Dareus cap hit eating up a lot of space. We will most likely showcase his recovery in the preseason. Someone will jump on him and trade a conditional pick that would most likely rely on him being healthy throughout the season.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think they'll be aggressive in FA again, but I would expect a similar approach as last year: sign solid players (Hyde/Poyer/Hauschka) that are scheme and personality fits, but aren't bank-breakers.

Let the draft picks mature a year or two then sync up your big FA signings. Follow Jacksonville.

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Let the draft picks mature a year or two then sync up your big FA signings. Follow Jacksonville.

Jacksonville has been very active in FA in each of the last 2 seasons.

For me, it's more about finding established vets to fill your biggest immediate needs than anything else.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Jacksonville has been very active in FA in each of the last 2 seasons.

For me, it's more about finding established vets to fill your biggest immediate needs than anything else.

Jags started drafting well in 14'

they also got Hurns that year as UDFA. 

They were so below the cap floor it was bananas. The Bills could end being pretty close to that. Bolster the roster as you said but if they play it right they can sync up some big time impact players through FA.

Obviously it all depends on drafting well, as I said before this team is in desperate need of a franchise altering draft. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

It would be a folly to trade Glenn.  There's no reason to do so when you don't have to pay Dawkins until after the 2020 season.

Move Glenn over to RT and let Mills be the swing OT.  Cut Ducasse and draft an OG to compete with Miller, and you'll go into the 2018 season with a starting 5 of:

Dawkins-Richie-Wood-Miller-Glenn

...backed up by Mills, Groy, and a rookie.

While I respect your opinion and agree with you, I think the only way something like this happens is if Dennison is let go. The staff has had opportunities to put your lineup on the field and has not and I am more likely to believe those actions. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a backup center/guard and tackle while clearing Miller, Glenn and Henderson out if the coaching staff stays the same. The center/guard would free up Groy to compete at guard and we get someone to groom into a starter for Mills.

I don't like it because I believe the coach is responsible for getting the most out of the talent he has on hand. This flushing that has and will be going on is frustrating because it means more resources are put into replacing players instead of improving the roster. I hope Beane/McDermott can land some talented players and TP has the patience to see it through.

And I wanted to add, another year of weak depth.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh
  • Thank you (+1) 1