Bills Place Cordy Glenn on IR; Will Undergo Offseason Foot Surgery

26CornerBlitz

It would be a folly to trade Glenn.  There's no reason to do so when you don't have to pay Dawkins until after the 2020 season.

Move Glenn over to RT and let Mills be the swing OT.  Cut Ducasse and draft an OG to compete with Miller, and you'll go into the 2018 season with a starting 5 of:

Dawkins-Richie-Wood-Miller-Glenn

...backed up by Mills, Groy, and a rookie.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

It would be a folly to trade Glenn.  There's no reason to do so when you don't have to pay Dawkins until after the 2020 season.

Move Glenn over to RT and let Mills be the swing OT.  Cut Ducasse and draft an OG to compete with Miller, and you'll go into the 2018 season with a starting 5 of:

Dawkins-Richie-Wood-Miller-Glenn

...backed up by Mills, Groy, and a rookie.

I like your plan. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Man said:

With his dead money you aren't cutting him, and unless you get a day 2 pick at least I can't see why you trade him. Starting LT is about as a rare a position as there is in the league, injury risk or not.

If they trade him after 6/1/18 (like they did with Sammy), they'd save $11.25M against the 2018 cap (trading him prior to 6/1/18 would only save $4.85M)

Edited by thebandit27

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If they trade him after 6/1/18 (like they did with Sammy), they'd save $11.25M against the 2018 cap (trading him prior to 6/1/18 would only save $4.5M)

Gonna be difficult to trade him with 2017 a wasted year and him coming off surgery. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

just about everyone in this thread.

"heal him up, he'll be a beast..."

etc. I don't like the odds of a fat man with bad feet ever returning to form.

There's literally one person in this thread that said that, and if you really stretch to find something similar, you could possibly infer that one other poster said implied tangentially similar.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Gonna be difficult to trade him with 2017 a wasted year and coming off surgery. 

Yeah, it would have to be similar to Sammy where he shows well in the preseason.

In the last picture I saw of him he looked like he gained a good chunk of weight. That's not going to help a guy with bad feet/ankles and it makes me question his mind set.

It will be intresting to see how things play out with Cordy. A good player when healthy, let's see how much patience the staff has with him.