kyle williams rank

nuklz2594

9 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Personally I feel Schobel was never a team guy, just a cocky Texan who could get to the QB.

Kyle is a completely different kind of person from work ethic to leadership, loyalty and teamwork.   And of course he's productive and smart on the field.

The other thing I love about him is he went so late in the draft despite being a great player at LSU.   at 6'1 they probably wanted someone taller and bigger.

Interesting note, PFF rated him defensive player of the year in 2010 after grading every play by every player on a positive or negative scale.    Classic example of a guy who does all the little things correctly, and never took a play off in his life.

Perfectly said....he deserves the wall. Wish we had a qb with that kind of fire and passion.

Schobel was definitely underrated. He was one of the few guys who would get pressure on Brady consistently. By the time he retired, he was the all-time leader in sacks vs Brady with 12. 

Who knows how it is now, but that might still stand. Either way, he was definitely a bright spot on some awful teams, kinda like Brian Moorman.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Consider the surrounding cast he's had throughout his career. Hansen was consistently good, but always seemed to have good players around him. I'd put Kyle above him.

I have to agree.  Kyle didn't have Bruce Smith on his line for his whole career.