Slide for Sam? NO

8-8 Forever?

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It most certainly has not.

You are absolutely correct. I don't know where people are reading that his stock has dropped. The only place I see it is when a reporter offers a hot take after he throws a pick. If he comes out, my strong hunch is that he'll be the #1 pick. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

No on Darnold.

Why?

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You are absolutely correct. I don't know where people are reading that his stock has dropped. The only place I see it is when a reporter offers a hot take after he throws a pick. If he comes out, my strong hunch is that he'll be the #1 pick. 

Why?

Darnold had a great season and his team won the PAC-12. He took some chances and threw a few bad picks but he still showed he has the athleticism and accuracy that you need in the NFL. 

I think he’s clear and away the best potential prospect this year. Even though he’s probably going back to school.

5 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

I for one would rather go pay Kirk Cousins, but if I have to , I'll trade both my firsts and another high 2018 pick to get Darnold or whoever is on the top of the QB draft board for the Bills.   But I do not want to part with my 2019 #1 pick, which I believe they will need to do if they end up 9-7 and have to move up 15 or 20 spots.   So I don't say "suck for Sam" just "slide for Sam".   In a month this season will be forgotten.   Am I right? 

Respect your opinion on this. Personally, I think Darnold is going to be a major, major flop and I'll be highly disappointed if Buffalo goes with him. Anyone but him. 

38 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Why?

I like Rosen better.

LAMAAAARRRRRR JACKKKKSONNNNNNNNNNNNN (if he comes out)

Talented passer in the pocket, has proven that over and over this season...has improved every year he has played. Has the athletic ability to get out and run if things fall apart (but that isnt his first option). A truly prolific offense could be built around him. However, we have old school McDermott and his buddy Rico, so we would probably ruin his career before it even started...he or Baker Mayfield would be my choice (Rosen/Darnold wont be a real option without mortgaging the farm, which even still I dont think gets it done) 

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I agree with this, but it is my personal opinion that Darnold will be the #1 overall pick and that Cleveland is not trading out. The last theing Cleveland needs at this point is more picks anyway.

Darnold has not really progressed this year and I'm not sure he is even top 3 anymore on most NFL teams QB wish lists.

He was the hot name last year; not this year.

Still highly desired, don't get me wrong, if he comes out and enters  draft.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Oh. I like Rosen too. I prefer Darnold, but I can see why others prefer Rosen.

Rosen is clearly the #1 guy being talked about these days.  Not Darnold.

Darnold was expected to continue progressing with certain areas of his game and for the most part, it hasn't happened this season.

Rosen has the rifle of an arm, the big tall stance the NFL teams adore, great throwing motion, etc.

Rosen is the #1 most desired college QB on everyone's board right now, almost certainly.

The Bills have no way of getting him.  Teams which will pick before us, even if we find a trading partner to move way, way up, will need a QB too and they will take Rosen.

So as I said in post #3, the OP's premise is not feasible; there is no way we can throw everything and the kitchen sink into a trade, move way up, and take #1 guy on our board.

It ain't happening.

A more interesting question is if we should throw a ton at moving way up and then be willing to take #2 or #3 on our board, assuming that guy is available.

That makes the "draft vs. buy Kirk Cousins" argument more interesting in my opinion.

The more you have to give up to draft a QB who is NOT your #1 choice makes the prospect of buying Kirk Cousins more desirable. 

Edited by Fadingpain

25 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Darnold has not really progressed this year and I'm not sure he is even top 3 anymore on most NFL teams QB wish lists.

He was the hot name last year; not this year.

Still highly desired, don't get me wrong, if he comes out and enters  draft.

Rosen is clearly the #1 guy being talked about these days.  Not Darnold.

Darnold was expected to continue progressing with certain areas of his game and for the most part, it hasn't happened this season.

Rosen has the rifle of an arm, the big tall stance the NFL teams adore, great throwing motion, etc.

Rosen is the #1 most desired college QB on everyone's board right now, almost certainly.

This isn't true. From a month ago:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000877512/article/ask-5-whos-better-nfl-prospect-sam-darnold-or-josh-rosen .

Edited by dave mcbride

On 12/15/2017 at 10:17 AM, SoTier said:

No, you're not right.  Get a clue, "whoever is on the top of the QB draft board" is going to be gone by the time the Bills draft because the teams that will be drafting at the top of the first round almost all need QBs (San Fran and  Washington (or the team that signs Cousins) may not) so they aren't going to trade out of the top spots.  Trading up for any QB who is not the consensus #1 pick has only worked out once in the last 20 years IIRC ... in 2016 when Philadelphia took Wentz.

Well there you have it, sounds like most want to go get the wins and the draft will take care of itself.   I'm with you.   Go bills .  screw the draft.   What is it Herm Edwards says, "you play to win the game".   8-6 is sounding pretty good.   

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

On 12/15/2017 at 11:15 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

My sources close to USC are telling me Darnold is 99% committed to going back to school.

~ Manhattan Beach Manny

LOL.  But he should.  He's not ready yet and he'll be drafted by the Browns.