Slide for Sam? NO

8-8 Forever?

I for one would rather go pay Kirk Cousins, but if I have to , I'll trade both my firsts and another high 2018 pick to get Darnold or whoever is on the top of the QB draft board for the Bills.   But I do not want to part with my 2019 #1 pick, which I believe they will need to do if they end up 9-7 and have to move up 15 or 20 spots.   So I don't say "suck for Sam" just "slide for Sam".   In a month this season will be forgotten.   Am I right? 

5 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

I for one would rather go pay Kirk Cousins, but if I have to , I'll trade both my firsts and another high 2018 pick to get Darnold or whoever is on the top of the QB draft board for the Bills.   But I do not want to part with my 2019 #1 pick, which I believe they will need to do if they end up 9-7 and have to move up 15 or 20 spots.   So I don't say "suck for Sam" just "slide for Sam".   In a month this season will be forgotten.   Am I right? 

The season never gets forgotten until the Draft day which is in April/May

15 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

Even if you think it's a good idea to trade everything for our #1 guy, it is not going to work if our #1 guy is off the board by the time we can get to him.

Cleveland is almost certainly going to pick #1 and they will take a QB. 

The frontrunner on everyone's board now most likely is Josh Rosen from UCLA...

It is almost impossible to envision a trade scenario where we could get him.

The only way I see Cleveland trading out of 1 is if their second pick (via Houston) lands in top 4.. I believe it’s currently 5th and on top of that there’s 3 guys they have ranked fairly evenly that they “know” they could get at 4 or in a slight moveup to 3 w all additional picks. 

Who are we to say, but having them like 3 guys equally seems like a stretch. 

8-8 Forever?     9

8-8 Forever?

No thanks 

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I agree with this, but it is my personal opinion that Darnold will be the #1 overall pick and that Cleveland is not trading out. The last theing Cleveland needs at this point is more picks anyway.

This is exactly right. It is clear that the way things ran in the past will no longer fly. They are going to take a QB at 1 and load up with "Dorsey guys". It wouldn't surprise me to see them move up a couple times and dump a few of their picks this draft.

There is no guarantee Darnold will come out this year.  Also his stock has dropped.  I want to see a QB drafted but don't favor trading up as there are too many holes to fill.  Kelly was the 3rd QB taken in his class Marino was the 6th out of 6 1st round QB's taken.  There will be options with one of the Bill''s #1's.

Just now, Original Byrd Man said:

There is no guarantee Darnold will come out this year.  Also his stock has dropped.  I want to see a QB drafted but don't favor trading up as there are too many holes to fill.  Kelly was the 3rd QB taken in his class Marino was the 6th out of 6 1st round QB's taken.  There will be options with one of the Bill''s #1's.

It most certainly has not.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

Have the past 17 seasons been forgotten?

3 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

No, you're not right.  Get a clue, "whoever is on the top of the QB draft board" is going to be gone by the time the Bills draft because the teams that will be drafting at the top of the first round almost all need QBs (San Fran and  Washington (or the team that signs Cousins) may not) so they aren't going to trade out of the top spots.  Trading up for any QB who is not the consensus #1 pick has only worked out once in the last 20 years IIRC ... in 2016 when Philadelphia took Wentz.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm pretty sure you're still thinking of Kurt...

Nope any QB not selected in the 2018 draft. But thanks for playing. How many playoffs games has the REDSKINS won lately????????????????????

Edited by Tatonka68