City you've never lived in, but felt at home there

Just Jack

10 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

What can you tell us about Denver's lock system?

Not much on locks, but dams another story.  I am a dam operator too. They have a nice dam and rez that is Corps run... In Aurora.  Cherry Creek.  Omaha District.  I was thinking about that area when the children move on.  Maybe a lateral transfer Dam Operator.  Morrison, CO is very nice.  Poster Bullpen lives out that way... I was telling him what a nice vibe that area has.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Not much on locks, but dams another story.  I am a dam operator too. They have a nice dam and rez that is Corps run... In Aurora.  Cherry Creek.  Omaha District.  I was thinking about that area when the children move on.  Maybe a lateral transfer Dam Operator.  Morrison, CO is very nice.  Poster Bullpen lives out that way... I was telling him what a nice vibe that area is.

It’s because everyone is super, super stoned there all the time.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It’s because everyone is super, super stoned there all the time.

Perfect!  I'd fit right in... Control their flood waters too!

For Cripple Creek... Inquiring minds wanted to know what a lock & dam op can do in CO:

http://www.nwo.usace.army.mil/Missions/Dam-and-Lake-Projects/Tri-Lakes-Projects/Cherry-Creek-Dam/

16 minutes ago, teef said:

Me too. Toronto and Ottawa always made me feel comfortable. 

Hey Cripple Creek, I know about the Ottawa lock system on The Rideau. :P

Legend has it... When the Stanley Cup was won by the Original Senators (or maybe the Ottawa Silver Seven?)... The players spent the night partying w/The Cup.  They got blitzed and during the time carousing, they tossed the Stanley Cup into one of the flight locks on the Rideau.  The next morning when they sobered up, they realized the error of their ways.  Fortunately, The Cup was won in the winter back then... They went to retrieve The Cup and there it was, sitting on top of the ice in the frozen solid lock chamber!  Hence, the tradition of "abusing" The Cup was born?

Good city Ottawa! They got water and dams too!  Heck, probably all cities do!

Just... Specially for you Cripple Creek.  Try not to spring a leak, I may have to mend you! :D:nana:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I hope you feel comfortable in Toronto.

A lot of people from more distant lands tell me they found it a very unfriendly place.  I tell them that's for two reasons:

1)   Sports events draws a lot of tourism and people from Buffalo and NYC and Boston are kind of worldly-wise to handling that situation with no illusions shattered;

2)  the locals feel safe in Toronto, for 95% of the territory, and they tune out everyone else in this security.  So nobody notices or helps out tourists, even when directly asked,  with the subway or directions or even talks to people, which isn't the way you do things outside of North America.

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nice call

Sydney and  

Canberra Australia ??  

Which  is the capitol of Auzzy land midway between Sydney and Melbourne.  

Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne... VERY nice (So I hear)... On bucket list.

Should I break Cripple Creek's heart (River Murray-Darling basin;))... Oops... Naw, I will let that cup pass... :D

Sorry, I am in a more than usual "douche mood" today...:lol:

• Like (+1) 1