2018 Bills Draft Desires

CEN-CAL17

7 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I like Kiser too. Penny is the right build, along with Royce Freeman, those are my 2 RBs, Maybe a shifty guy like Justin Crawford from West Virginia, but he needs to add 10lbs (Shady type player).

I like Baker. But I gotta see him against Georgia’s D, if he rolls like he does against them and does the same against Clemson or Alabama he could be a top 5 Pick. Thing is I think he can.

He rolled Ohio St

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

QB Baker Mayfield

DE Sam Hubbard

OG Will Hernandez

LB Josey Jewel

TE Troy Fumagali

DT Olive Sagapolu

I like Jewell as well. I think he could fit McDs system for sure. I’m thinking he will be an early to mid 2nd. Could take over for Brown at MLB no problem 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He rolled Ohio St

Also lost to Iowa St. point is, I want to see him when it really matters against teams loaded with NFL talent.

Not taking anything away from OSU but we all know Alabama and Clemson are known for D, and this year Georgia is solid 

I agree with the above mention of Smth . Smith and a quality d tackle transform this d

they need anther corner, wide out and I suspect a tackle.  that should take care of the first 5 picks

Tight end , back up Running back and and at the very least a situational pass rusher, this one could slip into the top 3 rounds

I believe they will go with a vet Quarterback and Peterman next year.  Starting with going after Cousins and working down their list .  

9 hours ago, wppete said:

Trade up and get a QB. That’s what I am hoping for. 

We absolutely needs to burn as many future draft picks as possible to move up as high as we can.

if we get a high pick we can take anyone and he will be great.  If Todd McShay likes him too.....watch out.

17 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I like Kiser too. Penny is the right build, along with Royce Freeman, those are my 2 RBs, Maybe a shifty guy like Justin Crawford from West Virginia, but he needs to add 10lbs

(Shady type player).

I would be happy with Royce Freeman if we can get him where he is projected (2-4). Would complement Shady and should be good enough to eventually be a number one RB.

7 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I like Jewell as well. I think he could fit McDs system for sure. I’m thinking he will be an early to mid 2nd. Could take over for Brown at MLB no problem 

Also lost to Iowa St. point is, I want to see him when it really matters against teams loaded with NFL talent.

Not taking anything away from OSU but we all know Alabama and Clemson are known for D, and this year Georgia is solid 

He put up 31 on the Cyclones not his fault they lost.

Georgia going down.

Ranking the Bills' needs heading into the offseason:

1. QB - doesn't need to be explained. 

2. DT - the Bills desperately need talent up front. You can make a case they need to draft two guys; one early and one late. They especially need someone with some size, preferably 320 lbs or bigger. 

3. DE - our pass rush was non existent this year. We desperately need someone else with some giddy up off the edge. Lawson hasn't shown much of anything an is on IR again. 

4. TE - Charles Clay is likely done after this year. He can't stay healthy and we need to get younger and more athletic at the TE spot. O'Leary and Thomas aren't good enough. 

5. RG - This was the weakest link on the OL all season. If they don't like Miller, they need to upgrade Ducasse because he's not good enough. 

6. WR - Next year we go into the season with Benjamin as the #1 and we have plenty of bodies behind them to compete. Hopefully Jones improves as the #2, and you have Thompson, Reilly and hopefully another mid to late round pick competing to fill out the depth chart. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

2. DT - the Bills desperately need talent up front. You can make a case they need to draft two guys; one early and one late. They especially need someone with some size, preferably 320 lbs or bigger. 

3. DE - our pass rush was non existent this year. We desperately need someone else with some giddy up off the edge. Lawson hasn't shown much of anything an is on IR again. 

4. TE - Charles Clay is likely done after this year. He can't stay healthy and we need to get younger and more athletic at the TE spot. O'Leary and Thomas aren't good enough. 

5. RG - This was the weakest link on the OL all season. If they don't like Miller, they need to upgrade Ducasse because he's not good enough. 

6. WR - Next year we go into the season with Benjamin as the #1 and we have plenty of bodies behind them to compete. Hopefully Jones improves as the #2, and you have Thompson, Reilly and hopefully another mid to late round pick competing to fill out the depth chart. 

No Lb or RT?

4 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

No Lb or RT?

I think they let Mills and maybe Henderson compete there. 

LB I guess I forgot about. Brown is a free agent, Milano showed some promise. Alexander and Humber aren't good enough. We have so many needs it's crazy. Our whole roster needs to be rebuilt. 

I guess I'd focus on QB and the trenches this offseason. We need better OL play and the defense can't function unless we can generate a pass rush by only rushing four guys. 

Then in 2019 you address the complimentary parts. 

Edited by jrober38

20 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dear Bills Forum,

I’ve spent a lot of late nights thinking about my deepest draft desires. No one keeps me up as late as Baker Mayfield.

Restlessly Yours,

Kirby

You may sleep restlessly but for me Baker would be a dream pick. I would sleep like a pooped out baby. Don't get hung up on the measurable because the most important numbers relate to production. And don't be bothered by his antics. He's a rambunctious kid who loves the game and is dedicated to the game. What more do you want? :)

If you are still straddling the fence then talk to YoloinOhio about what the short and stout qb from OK did to his beloved team. 

Edited by JohnC

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I don't think Lawson is terrible, but i agree we need to get better at rushing the passer.  Lawson will definitely need to improve, but the injury this year is unrelated to the year 1 injury so I hesitate to call him injury prone.  I think he just got rolled up on.  Having a rookie season where he missed camp did not help his development at all and hopefully there is some improvement between years 2 and 3.  Improved pass rushing by the DTs will hopefuly make everyone on the line look better.  

Clay costs the same to keep as he does to get rid of.  9 million against the cap.  Thanks Doug.

Oline - i'd like to see them snatch a vet or two to help the right side.  

Roquon Smith - Middle linebacker.  I like Vita Vea at DT.  He'd make it a lot tougher for opponents to run inside on Buffalo.  I like Equanimeous St. Brown at WR.  I think he can be had in the second round.  He has a first round skill set but his production suffered from a change in Notre Dame's offensive philosophy.  He also has one of the coolest neames ever!  I like St. Brown's teammate at ND - Quentin Nelson at guard.  He's big, athletic and mean.

At QB, it's tough to know who could be the best pick Buffalo could make in the first round.  There is a decent chance QBs could go 1 and 2 at the top of the draft, especially id Sam Darnold comes out.  If he returns to school it becomes more problematic because there are still a lot of teams that need QBs.  I don't want Josh Allen because I think he's a 2-3 year project.  Lamar Jackson is intriguing.  He seems like something of a cross between Michael Vick and Deshaun Watson.  I believe he will make a successful transition to the NFL.  I also like the headiness of Baker Mayfield.  That's about it for the first round.  There are others I wouldn't mind a bit later.  If you draft in the first round, it is with the assumption he's going to start sooner rather than later.  If you draft after the first round, then you're drafting for competition between Nate Peterman and the draftee.  Later possibilities include Luke Falk, Drew Lock, Clayton Thorson, Mason Rudolph and maybe a few others.