The “Billsiest” way for the season to end

stevestojan

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

And said "God Bless us, every one"

Actually, that’d be Tiny Tim. After this utterance, Tiny Doug would swoop in, steal the last scrap of food, force the family to either like him OR Tiny Tim, but NOT both, and then proceed to take credit for Scrooge’s reversal of character while blaming Tiny Rob... err, Tim... and the rest of the family for all of Ebeneezer’s previous miserly shortcomings. 

• Haha (+1) 2

With everything on the line in the last game, and the Bills down by 6 on the 30 with 10 secs, Peterman throws a borderline lateral to Tyrod who hits Shady for the win, but the Peterman's lateral is ruled a forward pass ...

• Like (+1) 2

Let's talk about the ballsiest way we win. Everything aligns and it's win and in week 17. The Bills are down by 7 and drive the field to score a TD with mere  seconds remaining.  Rather than tie and go to OT- the Bills go for two and Tyrod runs it in. Clock expires as he crosses the goal and game over. 

Edited by SF Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

It goes like this:

Going into final game of season in Miami, everything plays out so if we win that game we are in the playoffs.

In the week leading up to the game, Cutler injures himself in practice and it is announced Matt Moore will start the game.

The most hardened and pessimistic Bills fans cave in and realize it is all finally going to come together for us.

The game starts; we can't stop the run, and Moore plays much better than expected.

Tyrod has an average game; does some good things, some  bad things.

We are losing by 2 points in 4th quarter with 4 seconds left on the clock.

It all comes down to a Hauschka FG attempt from 42 yards.  We all think "He's got this no problem!"

The ball is snapped; the hold is botched.  In a moment of panic, Hauschka picks up the ball and starts running.

He sees a Bill going downfield in the open for a pass.  Hauschka throws the ball, it is a completion, and the Bills player runs into end zone for a TD.  The clock has expired.

Bills fans celebrate as the curse is over and we are in the playoffs.

At that moment a late flag is thrown. We have an illegal receiver downfield; it is a penalty, the TD is negated, and there is no time remaining on the clock.  Game can end with an offensive penalty and the game is over.

We lose by 2 points.

!@#$, I started this thread to have fun. No need to kick us all in the balls. 

Unfortunately right after we lost the Cincy game I had a sinking feeling that we would somehow be one game short. I hope I am wrong but in typical Bills luck they have to play a Dolphins team that suddenly got their sht together and beat the patriots convincingly and we also need to be beat God's team, the Pats. As per usual though my delusions override my better judgement and just like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football. This time, yes this time we are going to do it. 

Image result for charlie brown football

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

1) Bills lose heartbreaker to Miami.  Everyone gives up.  Pitchfork crowd rampages across the board raping and pillaging.  Taylor stinks.

2) Bills shock Pats.  Taylor plays great.  Everything else breaks right for Buffalo to get in with a win week 17.  ‘I told you so’ and ‘Keep Tyrod’ threads dominate the board.

3) McD press conference clips include ‘best week of practice since I’ve been here’ and ‘we’re ready’ statements.

4) Bills lose 42-3.  McD punts on 4th and 2 from Miami 48, down 25 in the 3d quarter.  Board explodes.

This except 4

4) The Bills go into the 4th with a 17 point lead and find a way to lose.

1 hour ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Let's talk about the ballsiest way we win. Everything aligns and it's win and in week 17. The Bills are down by 7 and drive the field to score a TD with mere  seconds remaining.  Rather than tie and go to OT- the Bills go for two and Tyrod runs it in. Clock expires as he crosses the goal and game over. 

Billsiest way we make the playoffs? We beat Miami, beat NE, and get blown out by Miami in the last game...somehow we still make the playoffs due to other teams losing. That way, even though we win...we still "only got lucky" and "backed in". Even when we win we still lose the credit for it somehow.

3 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I’m hoping for the playoffs as much as anyone; I promise I am. 

But having seen this team “Bills it” more times than I care to remember, I’m going to type out the way I see this playing out, hoping that by predicting it, there’s no way it can actually happen:

We beat the Dolphins Sunday, win a close one against the Pats, and then lose in the last minutes to the Dolphins in week 17. 

And of course, all the “help” we need to sneak in with 9 wins will somehow either play, or get flexed to, Sunday night, and not help us at all. 

Merry Christmas. 

Change title. It is the "stevestojany" way to lose. 

Billsiest way:

- We win the two dolphins games, lose to Patriots

- Chiefs beat chargers, but each team goes 2-1 down the stretch

- Baltimore falls apart

- We end up in a tie for sixth with the chargers

- We lose the tiebreak because of our head to head record,  aka the Peterman situation

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

But having seen this team “Bills it” more times than I care to remember, I’m going to type out the way I see this playing out, hoping that by predicting it, there’s no way it can actually happen:

We beat the Dolphins Sunday, win a close one against the Pats, and then lose in the last minutes to the Dolphins in week 17. 

And of course, all the “help” we need to sneak in with 9 wins will somehow either play, or get flexed to, Sunday night, and not help us at all. 

Merry Christmas. 

The MOST Billsiest way to do it is while we're all talking playoffs right now (just look at the threads), instead of building towards a crescendo, we go out with a whimper, having the rug pulled out from under them this Sunday & nip it in the bud right there.

I mean seriously, EVERY THREAD has us beating the Dolphins next week. They all start with "we beat the Dolphins, then..."  Here's the problem, in all the past few  years it's been similar near this point in the season, and then we just flat out lose the game everybody is overlooking.

2014? We're 8-6. Just need to beat the 2-12 Raiders, then close out the season against the Pats who will likely rest their starters. Lose to the 2-12 Raiders, Pats game is meaningless. 2015? We're 6-6. have the terrible NFC West ahead of us, and have to beat the 5-7 Eagles, the 6-7 Redskins, the 4-10 Cowboys, and finish the season against the Jets. We lose back to back games to go 6-8, killing our playoff hopes. 2016? We're 7-7 with 2 games left & just had to beat the Dolphins & Jets. Lose immediately to the 9-5 Dolphins in OT, Jets game is meaningless.

I'm telling you, the Billsiest way to lose is just to lose Sunday, making it so it's the last 2 games are almost meaningless.

Edited by BigDingus

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

This except 4

4) The Bills go into the 4th with a 17 point lead and find a way to lose.

I enjoyed the original post with the 4 steps, but it left out step 5.

5) Two Bills Drive crashes in the aftermath of the loss, as hundreds of posters all start "I'm done with this team" threads simultaneously.   

Just now, Fadingpain said:

I enjoyed the original post with the 4 steps, but it left out step 5.

5) Two Bills Drive crashes in the aftermath of the loss, as hundreds of posters all start "I'm done with this team" threads simultaneously.   

“Hundreds”? You just may underestimate us! 

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Merry Christmas. 

The only thing I'll add to this is, with nothing to play for,  Miami will beat us starting all of their 2nd/3rd stringers.

8 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Merry Christmas. 

What QB on this team is going to win in NE?

Edited by xRUSHx

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

I don't think Miami is gonna look like the team we saw Monday night, but I could see this game being an overtime game much like last year. 

Their RB is on a hot streak and our Run Defense has been horrible. 

Their defense has put the heat on the other team QBs and we have a pretty bad QB situation.

I don't think the Bills have a favorable match up.