The “Billsiest” way for the season to end

stevestojan

30 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Their RB is on a hot streak and our Run Defense has been horrible. 

Their defense has put the heat on the other team QBs and we have a pretty bad QB situation.

I don't think the Bills have a favorable match up. 

You haven't been paying attention. The Bills run D has been better the past couple of weeks than it was in the dark days of the three-game skid.

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You haven't been paying attention. The Bills run D has been better the past couple of weeks than it was in the dark days of the three-game skid.

Huh? The Colts had 163 yards rushing last week.

18 minutes ago, KW95 said:

lets be more realistic.  Bills win this week as they defend their artificial dirt and lose next 2.

This is what I was thinking.  They win this week, everyone on this forum starts thinking that things are finally falling into place, then they dash our hopes. Again.

However, another Billsy move would be to lose, lose then win.  That last win just hurts the draft pick.  Not much, but enough for people to grumble about it.

Good to hear from you, Stojan.

Not sure if it’s Billsy, but I don’t see us winning again this season. If the Gods have to literally ‘blizzard’ us a win at home vs. Indy, no way this somewhat over-achieving group of marginal players wins again. jmo 

6 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Billsiest way..

win sunday lose to New England 

All they have to do is win in Miami week 17 to get in and they lose.  IMO that’s the Billsiest

Agreed + all the chips fall into place from other teams that would have been needed week 17 :(

42 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Not sure if it’s Billsy, but I don’t see us winning again this season. If the Gods have to literally ‘blizzard’ us a win at home vs. Indy, no way this somewhat over-achieving group of marginal players wins again. jmo 

Would not be the worst case scenario.  If the Bills lose out and the Chiefs lose out, we could still be picking twice in the 12-15 range.

36 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

C'mon man. The blizzard was hard on both teams, and we were down to QB3 for half the game

15 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I’m hoping for the playoffs as much as anyone; I promise I am. 

But having seen this team “Bills it” more times than I care to remember, I’m going to type out the way I see this playing out, hoping that by predicting it, there’s no way it can actually happen:

We beat the Dolphins Sunday, win a close one against the Pats, and then lose in the last minutes to the Dolphins in week 17. 

And of course, all the “help” we need to sneak in with 9 wins will somehow either play, or get flexed to, Sunday night, and not help us at all. 

Merry Christmas. 

So true

We lose this week vs. Miami at home

But then everyone else in the hunt loses as well. 8-8 might just get in

We lose to the Pats as usual.

A win in Miami might just be enough. An 8-8 team will get in as the #6. Everyone does the advanced calculus required and we need about 3 games to go a specific way but it's possible.

We lose anyway and go 7-9. Later on, come to find out a win wouldn't have mattered anyway as the other games panned out wrong but Bills fans still complain 6 months later that a win would've gotten them in.

Edited by theAteam

I'm going completely opposite;

Here is THE DREAM scenario

Ravens win out - Finish 10-6

Chiefs win out - Finish 10-6

Titans win out - Finish 11-5 

Steelers win out - Finish 14-2

Jaguars go 2-1 - Finish 11-5 

Patriots Lose out - Finish 10-6

Bills win out - Finish 10-6

Bills win AFC East with Tie Breakers over the Pats

Titans win AFC South with Tie Breakers over The Jags

Ravens claim 6th seed with tie breakers over the Pats

Patriots MISS playoffs ENTIRELY

Steelers and Titans get Byes

Wild-Card Games

Ravens @ Bills (Bills win)

Jaguars @ Chiefs(Jags win)

Divisional Round

Bills @ Titans (Bills win - reverse the Music City Miracle)

Jags @ Steelers ( Jags win)

AFC Championship

Jags @ Bills (Marrone and Dareus Return)

Like I said - DREAM SCENARIO

• Thank you (+1) 1