Boat shopping: Advice needed

BringBackFergy

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I’m a little frustrated. I started this thread to look at nice boats and fishing reels and you’ve turned it into another Discovery channel series on interstate waterways. Not to mention the fact that red blooded Americans (or even illegals) on innertubes or paddle boats are probibited from travel through “your” locks based on a regulation that basically says “the lock master can decide was is safe or dangerous”. So you are basically the Roger Goodell of the waterways. That’s assuming you are a lock master....or are you an apprentice lock master? We don’t know. 

Just trying to steer you away from buying the innertube!  Don't want some dickhead killjoy spoiling all your fun. 

Don't want you to have regret!

Remember, it's size that matters when picking out a boat, not the magic in it.  This is contrary to what you, Fergy, hear in your everyday life.  

You'll thank me later.

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Catch or Release? 

753c1043a6f258ae6bd05d89ac467163--girl-f

Catch or Release 

Putin-goes-fishing-in-Russia%E2%80%99s-S

Cripple Creek & Fergy want to know if that's a Photoshopped Russian hack job (Thigh Gap!)  Throw the Russian back, save the rest.  But, that's discriminating!  Sorry, gotta make important decisions here! :D

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Cripple Creek & Fergy want to know if that's a Photoshopped Russian hack job (Thigh Gap!)  Throw the Russian back, save the rest.  But, that's discriminating!  Sorry, gotta make important decisions here! :D

Good choice on which fish to keep and which to release.   

On 12/17/2017 at 6:32 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Thanks for the comments. Decided against a boat. I think I’ll invest in a good fishing pole and just do some surf casting. 

This one should do the job. 

FC16B2BE-88D2-444B-8FD8-A33FFF03F5F8.jpeg

...a little too thin (and probably short) to cast very deep with that rig. Stick to the dock, son.

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

...a little too thin (and probably short) to cast very deep with that rig. Stick to the dock, son.

Uhhhh, rod grip is important. Not too tight, not too loose. This will work. No need to go too far in the surf...just far enough to get some action. 

22 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Uhhhh, rod grip is important. Not too tight, not too loose. This will work. No need to go too far in the surf...just far enough to get some action. 

Well you've made the case here there's a lot of fish in the sea.  It's important to have a game plan if you plan on reeling them in.  

I assume you know what your doing and could look yourself in the mirror in doing so