Dunkirk Don

Chris Brown

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think the players that were here with few exceptions are entitled and think they're too good for Buffalo. Marrone wanted no part of it and now we can see that he is a good coach. McDermott saw the mess he had on his hands and started bringing in his own players to clean it up. It won't be easy but it's the only solution. There has been NO accountability here.

To this, they're going to look for the next Thomas Davis in the draft, I would bet my last dollar on it. 

3 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

the Georgia linebacker fits the bill.  they might have to gasp , trade up to get him.  

Love him but not on a trade up. Just too many critical parts of this team need to be made right this offseason, can't be trading up for MLB. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Love him but not on a trade up. Just too many critical parts of this team need to be made right this offseason, can't be trading up for MLB. 

I agree, but I don't know if he gets to us at 14-20   I saw mcshay has the bills taking him and Vita.  That would transform the defense quickly 

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

As someone who hates trade ups that is the one player I'd be okay with doing it for. I think their strategy is identify a few high character scheme-fit players and do what it takes to get them. Won't always work out (Zay Jones) but at least they have a real plan. It's refreshing. By year 3 I think this staff will have the team straightened out. It will take a couple more player purges though, hopefully in the front office too.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

As someone who hates trade ups that is the one player I'd be okay with doing it for. I think their strategy is identify a few high character scheme-fit players and do what it takes to get them. Won't always work out (Zay Jones) but at least they have a real plan. It's refreshing. By year 3 I think this staff will have the team straightened out. It will take a couple more player purges though, hopefully in the front office too.

I think he (Smith) is going to be great. I agree with you on McD/Beane's strategy too, just not sure it involves trading up this particular draft.

EDIT: Should say 'trading up for anyone other than a quarterback in the first round'

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Did you know:  The diameter of a gas pump nozzle is 13/16 of an inch.  If there's a Mrs. Chris Brown ... tell her I'm sorry.

Gugny. meet piss-a-phone:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pspages/pilotreliefhorn.php?clickkey=8725

I expect a Dollar Tree Funnel might do the deed.  The blurb says the size provides a "good range for most needs"

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Time to clean out the front office from top to bottom. McDermott and Beane should be the only untouchables. Oh my god he makes the players work too hard!! It becomes clearer every day why he is trying to ship out players from the last regime, they are losers to the core and have no business being part of a culture change.

"OBD Lifers" were reportedly a problem encountered by Marrone and Whaley.  At the time, the Pegulas were learning their way around and were not prepared to take drastic action.

At this point, I think anyone who crosses swords with McBeane better brush up their resume'.   After 3 coaching changes, the Pegulas must have figured out they need to trust a GM/coach pairing and give them their heads for a while.

Lik

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

never said that shouldn't work hard , but you can fatigue your body and mind to the point where you hurt performance . 

I see no indication that they aren’t getting the most from the talent they have on the roster. 7-6 with this group is pretty good.

Discussions like this always remind me of something Wade Phillips used to say: Most people think that they are working as hard as they can, but most of them don’t realize that they could be working harder than they are until they are pushed to do it. It’s the coaches job to push.

I am amazed at the non believers. He is all over the place.  The sports world is very fluid. If you were following the Stanton situation everyone thought he would be on the west coast but he landed in New York happened at the last minute.  My source is not making decisions just is sharing what is being discussed. Don’t you think the redskins front office isn’t doing contigency thinking and what if scenarios around cousins?  What if we don’t sign him? What if we fanchise him again? Cost? What if will sign him to a long term deal? Cost is he worth the investment.  Don’t be naive.  Bills are parting ways with Taylor period.  Is peterman the answer? If yes, need experienced back up. If no then who? Cousins is their top pick, McDermott loves his commitment and preparation. If Washington franchise him then what? Vikings will have one or two qb available, are they the answers? If not then what.  Looking to kc. That how it works folks.   I am just passing on their current thought process and I am not saying with 100 percent certainty any of it comes true.  The bills don’t have any idea either what is going to happen either. On the stadium front, that news is accurate, the property been bought   Some people want 100percent certainty on every move, I have information that is accurate today but may change tomorrow,  we don’t make decisions for the redskins or the Vikings or kc.  This is called contigency planning.  Every organization does it so read the information or not.  If you don’t want inside information do not read my posts. The thought process will change based on circumstances and I am not being inconsistent just the thought process has changed based on the last domino. Make sense

When the stadium is built east of buffalo and is 67,000 seats  talk to me then

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1