Talking Proud versus the Shout song

Another Fan

48 minutes ago, shrader said:

Do they still use this one?  I haven't been there in ages.

Sure do!

Go Herd!!

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Makes me wanna shake my whammy weenie

Ha, finally tracked one down on ebay a few years ago. It was my personal Holy Grail.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

I agree, I would like to hear something new.

I wouldn't mind a name change as well the wild Buffalo Bill thing is kind of run it' s course IMO.

How about a name change to  the "Buffalo Warriors", they could have the theme song from that movie and then play clips from the movie. That guy banging the bottles together was great,

Clan, clang clang "warriors____come out to playeyaaaaaa"  haha

That my good man is an awesome idea.....one of my all time favorite movie scenes.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

This thread cracks me up.  I only hope that some new marketing "genius" with the Bills, with 15 college degrees and 12 letters after their name, doesn't read this this and doesn't try to change the SHOUT song or replace it.  LMAO.  Have any of you above ever been to a game?  The song is the best part of the touchdown.  The entire stadium sings it.  The let's go Buffalo part echoes and is LOUD.  And it's awesome to hear.  Our players sing it.  Our players make reference to it.  Our fans know it.  It's played at weddings.  It's played in the parking lots.  Whenever someone in Bills garb goes somewhere and sees another fan, a portion of that song comes out somehow.  And it doesn't matter if it's in Buffalo, Canada, Virginia, Florida or California, the Shout song comes out.

The song is the Schitt.  It's old.  Outdated.  A tad corny.  But works.  And it's worked for a long period of time.  Hell, youtube our fans, and in almost any situation, you'll hear the song. Bust through a table, everyone sings a song.  Birthday party, you hear the song.   Go to away games, and walk the ramps after a win, and you hear the song.  The stadium is loud for 3 mintues after the touchdown, because everyone is singing and knows the song.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell you all are looking at or listening to.  Or if you've ever been anywhere else, where dumbass commercials or techno music is played after touchdowns that has nothing to do with the game.

People here truly have no idea what a gem Buffalo is to watch NFL football.  And yes, the song is awesome because of the unity is creates.  The stadium is awesome because of closeness to the field to the stands and that it really isn't super commercialized.  The prices are awesome too.  Quit trying to kill what we have and celebrate things.  Buffalo is unique......in a good way.  Every visiting fan loves it here when they come, because football is still the draw here.  Not how nice you can dress, what the sushi menu is, and if the song is "hip" or not following the TD.

Embrace what we have.  When it's gone, and the new stadium wears thin after one year, you'll long for these days.  I'm from Pittsburgh.  Heinz Field isn't the same as Three Rivers.  And the new hockey arena doesn't have nearly the same atmosphere or character as the old igloo.  Penguins home games are also snooze fests in the regular season and pricing is absolutely outrageous.

The Shout song is a staple.  Hopefully it doesn't go away.  Ever.

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Lv-Bills said:

This thread cracks me up.  I only hope that some new marketing "genius" with the Bills, with 15 college degrees and 12 letters after their name, doesn't read this this and doesn't try to change the SHOUT song or replace it.  LMAO.  Have any of you above ever been to a game?  The song is the best part of the touchdown.  The entire stadium sings it.  The let's go Buffalo part echoes and is LOUD.  And it's awesome to hear.  Our players sing it.  Our players make reference to it.  Our fans know it.  It's played at weddings.  It's played in the parking lots.  Whenever someone in Bills garb goes somewhere and sees another fan, a portion of that song comes out somehow.  And it doesn't matter if it's in Buffalo, Canada, Virginia, Florida or California, the Shout song comes out.

The song is the Schitt.  It's old.  Outdated.  A tad corny.  But works.  And it's worked for a long period of time.  Hell, youtube our fans, and in almost any situation, you'll hear the song. Bust through a table, everyone sings a song.  Birthday party, you hear the song.   Go to away games, and walk the ramps after a win, and you hear the song.  The stadium is loud for 3 mintues after the touchdown, because everyone is singing and knows the song.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell you all are looking at or listening to.  Or if you've ever been anywhere else, where dumbass commercials or techno music is played after touchdowns that has nothing to do with the game.

People here truly have no idea what a gem Buffalo is to watch NFL football.  And yes, the song is awesome because of the unity is creates.  The stadium is awesome because of closeness to the field to the stands and that it really isn't super commercialized.  The prices are awesome too.  Quit trying to kill what we have and celebrate things.  Buffalo is unique......in a good way.  Every visiting fan loves it here when they come, because football is still the draw here.  Not how nice you can dress, what the sushi menu is, and if the song is "hip" or not following the TD.

Embrace what we have.  When it's gone, and the new stadium wears thin after one year, you'll long for these days.  I'm from Pittsburgh.  Heinz Field isn't the same as Three Rivers.  And the new hockey arena doesn't have nearly the same atmosphere or character as the old igloo.  Penguins home games are also snooze fests in the regular season and pricing is absolutely outrageous.

The Shout song is a staple.  Hopefully it doesn't go away.  Ever.

I'm with Lv-Bills.  The shout song, although a little old and corny, is one of the coolest things in sports. I have been to NFL games in other cities like Dallas, Seattle, New Orleans, and Detroit.  They have NOTHING that can compare.  

In Seattle, after a TD, they play commercials.  Talk about a buzz kill. The shout song thing after a score is beautiful.  Everyone in the stadium standing up and singing it and acting crazy.  The other team on the sidelines trying to figure out what to do next while listening to it.  Then it's over and it's time for kickoff. No dead time.  At a football game, that's a very cool thing.

Go Bills and SHOUT!

• Like (+1) 1

I never liked the Bills' version of Shout, as it sounds like it was recorded by a high school band or a low budget marketing firm, which it probably was.  It's just a terrible production.  That said, it is part of the fabric of the Bills history/culture and needs to remain.  The train whistle is horrible and annoys me every time.  It is recent enough that I don't view it a part of Bills history/culture and would be glad if they got rid of it.  I have a special place in my heart for Talkin' Proud.  It was big when I was growing up and I like it.  We actually spun it at my wedding and it drew crowds to the dance floor and was the "wildest" song of the night.  And my wedding was in Chicago....  We did have something like 6 hours of open bar, so that might have had something to do with it.

I gave a copy of Talkin' Proud to Mike, the owner of Delilah's, the Bills bar in Chicago.  They play it at various times during Bills games and people love it.  The best part is when everyone "rings the bell."  Once again, it may have something to do with the amount of booze that flows there.  (They also play Shout after every TD and everyone goes crazy).  

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

My only problem with the Shout song is that it is played after FGs...aside from a game-winning kick, they should not play a celebratory song after a FG.  After TDs and the final whistle after wins it's great.

Talking Proud was fun for a while as a "chamber of commerce" jingle but should be nowhere near a Bills game.

The Marv song is just embarrassing.  Love corny ol' Marv though.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

My only problem with the Shout song is that it is played after FGs...aside from a game-winning kick, they should not play a celebratory song after a FG.  After TDs and the final whistle after wins it's great.

Talking Proud was fun for a while as a "chamber of commerce" jingle but should be nowhere near a Bills game.

The Marv song is just embarrassing.  Love corny ol' Marv though.

I never understood this turning one's nose up at FGs.  FGs are points too and can be HUGE in a close game.  AND, it gets the crowd pumped up to start making a lot of noise when the other team gets the ball.

What about after safeties?  That's only 2 points ...

Wait they still play the Talking proud song? Wow. This song really reminds me  of the Buffalo of the early 80s. It was created to combat the national stereotype of  Buffalo being a decrepit rustbelt toxic waste dump after the demise of the steel industry and Love canal.  The shout song, I associate with the Kelly SB teams and of course animal house. Its cheesy but it works!

4 hours ago, RobH063 said:

They both lost their appeal a long time ago. I have a friend who won't go to a game and mute's the TV after a score because the shout song has been playing so long that it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to him. For me it's the train whistle. I can't stand it. Some people love it. I like what the Steelers do. When they get a first down, someone gets on the PA and says "And That's Another Pittsburgh Steelers............." and the crowd yells in unison "FIRST DOWN!" it gets the crowd to participate and stay involved.

That is stupid.

I can't stand that train whistle. Whenever i watch the game with friends/family we're all complaining about it. It's almost on the verge of embarrassment at this point & it does nothing to pump me or anyone else up. We're the Buffalo Bills, so maybe how about playing a clip of buffaloes rumbling, charging & stomping? Idk what the answer is, but i even thought about starting a petition to remove it, because its like nails on a chalkboard for me at this point.