Talking Proud versus the Shout song

Another Fan

7 hours ago, Gordio said:

I kind of like the cubs song after they win & the whole crowd sings it.  I always tell my wife I wish I grew up on the North Side of Chicago so I could be a Cubs fan.  I think this song would be fun to sing all liquored up from the bleachers. 

Baseball season’s underway

Well you better get ready for a brand new day

Hey, Chicago, what do you say

The Cubs are gonna win today.

They’re singing …

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

The Cubs are gonna win today

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

They got the power, they got the speed

To be the best in the National League

Well this is the year and the Cubs are real

So come on down to Wrigley Field.

We’re singing now …

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Baseball time is here again

You can catch it all on WGN

So stamp your feet and clap your hands

Chicago Cubs got the greatest fans.

You’re singing now …

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

I lived in Chicago for quite a while.  I do like that song!

What about this gem? "We're Lookin' Good" - 

Seems Buffalo was trying it's best to talk itself up as best as possible, as it was really insecure lol

Damn, and here's another one - "It's got to be Buffalo, USA!" Geez, they were really trying to overcompensate/had a severe case of little-man-syndrome 

12 hours ago, HOF4LOU said:

check out the talking proud video on youtube.  it's hilarious!  love the marching...

Thanks for posting this! 

I remember this from when it was current, but I haven't seen/heard it in a while.

Funny that a "revival" was being pushed way back in 1980.  

12 hours ago, RobH063 said:

They both lost their appeal a long time ago. I have a friend who won't go to a game and mute's the TV after a score because the shout song has been playing so long that it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to him. For me it's the train whistle. I can't stand it. Some people love it. I like what the Steelers do. When they get a first down, someone gets on the PA and says "And That's Another Pittsburgh Steelers............." and the crowd yells in unison "FIRST DOWN!" it gets the crowd to participate and stay involved.

If you think that stuff is crappy (it is) you should watch Sabres games.  This "goal song" we play after every goal makes me want to gag.

11 hours ago, chaccof said:

That my good man is an awesome idea.....one of my all time favorite movie scenes.....

Likewise!

Funny we have 3 Bills fans here in the same thread who are all familiar with The Warriors and love that scene in particular.

"Warr---i------ors.  Come out to pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaay----------------aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay."

LOL!  

I hated the Talking Proud commercial. The woman marching or strutting around while singing that silly song,it drove me crazy and at games too. The shout song was much better than TP.

The time to retire the Shout song has been way overdue. Ditch that silly train whistle too.

Edited by dlonce

7 hours ago, dlonce said:

The time to retire the Shout song has been way overdue. Ditch that silly train whistle too.

It's too late.  That thing is entrenched and even if we dumped it it wouldn't go away.

I was at a store the other day in Seattle with my Bills sweatshirt on.   Lady that worked there sang to me "Hey Hey Hey Hey".  I said that's right.  I asked if she had been to a game there thinking that's where she picked it up.  

She said no, I just know when you see a Bills fan, you go "Hey Hey Hey Hey".

Go BILLS !!

Hey Hey Hey Hey

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

They play the shout song at Lodos Bar here in Denver after every score.  It's funny when the Bills score a fast/unexpected TD like a pick-6 and the DJ isn't at his booth because you hear people yelling 'Shout song Shout song!!' in all directions while they frantically scramble to cue it up.  The Let's Go Buffalo! section sees a lot of fist pumping throughout the bar and has sent me home with my ears ringing on many an occasion.  So it might be dated, but it still certainly has its place.  

LOL - same thing at Jimmy’s Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA!  Complete with the owner running around like a maniac (at least 4-5 years ago when I lived in that area and used to frequent Jimmy’s)

After the Bills beat the Rams in OT in December, 1980, the Talking Proud song played on a continuous loop and Freddy Smerlas led some of the team back on the field where they danced with the cheerleaders.  

That's what I think of when I hear the Talking Proud jingle.

9 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

After the Bills beat the Rams in OT in December, 1980, the Talking Proud song played on a continuous loop and Freddy Smerlas led some of the team back on the field where they danced with the cheerleaders.  

That's what I think of when I hear the Talking Proud jingle.

I remember that game well playoffs coming and even though it was sleeting r freezing rain folks stuck around and sang and the goal posts came down again and pieces handed all the way to top,of stadium and dumped over board.

The best thing to come out of the Talkin' Proud song was the T shirts. Remember the ones with the mating buffloes where all you could see was "kin' Proud?" And then there was the drunk T shirts that said, "We're Walkin' Plowed." You don't get that from the Shout song.

Great times.