Talking Proud versus the Shout song

Another Fan

I kind of like the cubs song after they win & the whole crowd sings it.  I always tell my wife I wish I grew up on the North Side of Chicago so I could be a Cubs fan.  I think this song would be fun to sing all liquored up from the bleachers. 

Baseball season’s underway

Well you better get ready for a brand new day

Hey, Chicago, what do you say

The Cubs are gonna win today.

They’re singing …

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

The Cubs are gonna win today

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

They got the power, they got the speed

To be the best in the National League

Well this is the year and the Cubs are real

So come on down to Wrigley Field.

We’re singing now …

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Baseball time is here again

You can catch it all on WGN

So stamp your feet and clap your hands

Chicago Cubs got the greatest fans.

You’re singing now …

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Edited by Gordio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I agree, I would like to hear something new.

I wouldn't mind a name change as well the wild Buffalo Bill thing is kind of run it' s course IMO.

How about a name change to  the "Buffalo Warriors", they could have the theme song from that movie and then play clips from the movie. That guy banging the bottles together was great,

Clan, clang clang "warriors____come out to playeyaaaaaa"  haha

" can you dig it "

32 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

I can't stand that train whistle. Whenever i watch the game with friends/family we're all complaining about it. It's almost on the verge of embarrassment at this point & it does nothing to pump me or anyone else up. We're the Buffalo Bills, so maybe how about playing a clip of buffaloes rumbling, charging & stomping? Idk what the answer is, but i even thought about starting a petition to remove it, because its like nails on a chalkboard for me at this point.

Everybody hates that annoying train whistle...if Russ worthless Brandon wants to make himself useful blow up that whistle. The train has been sitting in the station for 17 years....

• Like (+1) 1

"Talking Proud" - bleh

"Shout" is still good.

About ten years ago I was at my nephew's wedding reception in Rochester. The DJ played the original "Shout" and people were singing the Bills version over the top of it.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I never understood this turning one's nose up at FGs.  FGs are points too and can be HUGE in a close game.  AND, it gets the crowd pumped up to start making a lot of noise when the other team gets the ball.

What about after safeties?  That's only 2 points ...

The Shout song is a celebration song.  Except at the end of the game, when do you see players pumped up and "celebrating" a FG -- much less the fans?

They should play the train whistle after a safety.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RobH063 said:

They both lost their appeal a long time ago. I have a friend who won't go to a game and mute's the TV after a score because the shout song has been playing so long that it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to him. For me it's the train whistle. I can't stand it. Some people love it. I like what the Steelers do. When they get a first down, someone gets on the PA and says "And That's Another Pittsburgh Steelers............." and the crowd yells in unison "FIRST DOWN!" it gets the crowd to participate and stay involved.

The Bills fans would only have to finish the sentence of "That's another Buffalo Bills.... First Down" about 8-12 times per game.

They definitely wouldn't be losing their voice, that's for sure

The Bills should play the shout song every time they get a first down. Getting just a first down seems like a big accomplishment for this horrible offence

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

They both lost their appeal a long time ago. I have a friend who won't go to a game and mute's the TV after a score because the shout song has been playing so long that it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to him. For me it's the train whistle. I can't stand it. Some people love it. I like what the Steelers do. When they get a first down, someone gets on the PA and says "And That's Another Pittsburgh Steelers............." and the crowd yells in unison "FIRST DOWN!" it gets the crowd to participate and stay involved.

That is stupid.

It might be stupid but no more stupid than singing the shout song, singing the talking proud song or listening to a train whistle because it's 3rd down. Maybe they should change the songs so everyone sings "All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel". Then on 3rd down everyone can sing "Skip to my lou my darling". At halftime everyone can play Duck Duck Goose. Fans at the game might end up with a better seat to watch the rest of the game. The whole thing is ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

It might be stupid but no more stupid than singing the shout song, singing the talking proud song or listening to a train whistle because it's 3rd down. Maybe they should change the songs so everyone sings "All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel". Then on 3rd down everyone can sing "Skip to my lou my darling". At halftime everyone can play Duck Duck Goose. Fans at the game might end up with a better seat to watch the rest of the game. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Who pissed in your corn flakes, old man?

6 hours ago, HOF4LOU said:

check out the talking proud video on youtube.  it's hilarious!  love the marching...

i was 10 when this came out.  i seem to remember it getting played all the time on channel 29, like all the damn time.  it was so confusing at the time because the sky was falling, chevy foundry closing, bethlehem steel going under, and just so much bad news, and here's a bunch of burnout/hippies gyrating awkwardly on tv about buffalo.  oy vey

Edited by dorquemada
edit: dig those high riding mom jeans

34 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Who pissed in your corn flakes, old man?

LOL Yeah Levi, I am an old man. And no, no one pissed in my Corn Flakes. It was my Apple Jacks. Just my opinion but I think all of the "fun" songs like the Shout song, the Talking Proud song from the past, and the Train Whistle that is used is kind of ridiculous as I said. These guys play, and we watch, week in and week out, a game that is violent and sometimes bloody. The players leave everything on the field. Then when something positive happens songs of joy blast over the loud speakers. It's kind of like a split personality type of thing. One minute the players want to drive the opponent into the ground. The fans, most of whom bust their tails all week long doing some sort of physical labor, then come to the game to party and watch a tough game, FOOTBALL. The next minute everyone breaks out into a song. It's all ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Lv-Bills said:

This thread cracks me up.  I only hope that some new marketing "genius" with the Bills, with 15 college degrees and 12 letters after their name, doesn't read this this and doesn't try to change the SHOUT song or replace it.  LMAO.  Have any of you above ever been to a game?  The song is the best part of the touchdown.  The entire stadium sings it.  The let's go Buffalo part echoes and is LOUD.  And it's awesome to hear.  Our players sing it.  Our players make reference to it.  Our fans know it.  It's played at weddings.  It's played in the parking lots.  Whenever someone in Bills garb goes somewhere and sees another fan, a portion of that song comes out somehow.  And it doesn't matter if it's in Buffalo, Canada, Virginia, Florida or California, the Shout song comes out.

The song is the Schitt.  It's old.  Outdated.  A tad corny.  But works.  And it's worked for a long period of time.  Hell, youtube our fans, and in almost any situation, you'll hear the song. Bust through a table, everyone sings a song.  Birthday party, you hear the song.   Go to away games, and walk the ramps after a win, and you hear the song.  The stadium is loud for 3 mintues after the touchdown, because everyone is singing and knows the song.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell you all are looking at or listening to.  Or if you've ever been anywhere else, where dumbass commercials or techno music is played after touchdowns that has nothing to do with the game.

People here truly have no idea what a gem Buffalo is to watch NFL football.  And yes, the song is awesome because of the unity is creates.  The stadium is awesome because of closeness to the field to the stands and that it really isn't super commercialized.  The prices are awesome too.  Quit trying to kill what we have and celebrate things.  Buffalo is unique......in a good way.  Every visiting fan loves it here when they come, because football is still the draw here.  Not how nice you can dress, what the sushi menu is, and if the song is "hip" or not following the TD.

Embrace what we have.  When it's gone, and the new stadium wears thin after one year, you'll long for these days.  I'm from Pittsburgh.  Heinz Field isn't the same as Three Rivers.  And the new hockey arena doesn't have nearly the same atmosphere or character as the old igloo.  Penguins home games are also snooze fests in the regular season and pricing is absolutely outrageous.

The Shout song is a staple.  Hopefully it doesn't go away.  Ever.

This guy gets it.

They play the shout song at Lodos Bar here in Denver after every score.  It's funny when the Bills score a fast/unexpected TD like a pick-6 and the DJ isn't at his booth because you hear people yelling 'Shout song Shout song!!' in all directions while they frantically scramble to cue it up.  The Let's Go Buffalo! section sees a lot of fist pumping throughout the bar and has sent me home with my ears ringing on many an occasion.  So it might be dated, but it still certainly has its place.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gordio said:

That is stupid.

You want to hear stupid....not sure if they still do it, but, in Chicago....

when a penalty flag lag is thrown the announcer says "there is a flag on the play".

Then the crowd says, "where".

Then the crowd answers, "on the field".

So dumb!!  So annoying!!

Bears fans are below average.

2 hours ago, RobH063 said:

LOL Yeah Levi, I am an old man. And no, no one pissed in my Corn Flakes. It was my Apple Jacks. Just my opinion but I think all of the "fun" songs like the Shout song, the Talking Proud song from the past, and the Train Whistle that is used is kind of ridiculous as I said. These guys play, and we watch, week in and week out, a game that is violent and sometimes bloody. The players leave everything on the field. Then when something positive happens songs of joy blast over the loud speakers. It's kind of like a split personality type of thing. One minute the players want to drive the opponent into the ground. The fans, most of whom bust their tails all week long doing some sort of physical labor, then come to the game to party and watch a tough game, FOOTBALL. The next minute everyone breaks out into a song. It's all ridiculous.

Wowsers.....you like football?  You like the Bills?

Do you like anything or even yourself?

6 hours ago, WhoTom said:

"Talking Proud" - bleh

"Shout" is still good.

About ten years ago I was at my nephew's wedding reception in Rochester. The DJ played the original "Shout" and people were singing the Bills version over the top of it.

THAT sounds like a proper wedding.  :)

• Like (+1) 1