Talking Proud versus the Shout song

Another Fan

They both lost their appeal a long time ago. I have a friend who won't go to a game and mute's the TV after a score because the shout song has been playing so long that it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to him. For me it's the train whistle. I can't stand it. Some people love it. I like what the Steelers do. When they get a first down, someone gets on the PA and says "And That's Another Pittsburgh Steelers............." and the crowd yells in unison "FIRST DOWN!" it gets the crowd to participate and stay involved.

6 minutes ago, HOF4LOU said:

check out the talking proud video on youtube.  it's hilarious!  love the marching...

Hahaha. What was even funnier to me is the “next up” video that popped up for me. Here it is. Enjoy!

:w00t:

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Which one do you prefer?  I'm not sure if Talking Proud used to play after every touchdown.  As a song I prefer the Talking Proud one, seems pretty uplifting 

After hearing Talking Proud for the first time I was never more embarrassed to be from Buffalo. AND that is with the knowledge of why the song was made and what was happening in the city at the time.

16 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

They both lost their appeal a long time ago. I have a friend who won't go to a game and mute's the TV after a score because the shout song has been playing so long that it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to him. For me it's the train whistle. I can't stand it. Some people love it. I like what the Steelers do. When they get a first down, someone gets on the PA and says "And That's Another Pittsburgh Steelers............." and the crowd yells in unison "FIRST DOWN!" it gets the crowd to participate and stay involved.

That is about as original as rice. The Dolphins also do this. I do hate the train whistle its awful and trains are my favorite hobby haha.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

They’re both tired.  It’s time for something new.  Please also get rid of that stupid locomotive sound at the stadium.

I agree, I would like to hear something new.

I wouldn't mind a name change as well the wild Buffalo Bill thing is kind of run it' s course IMO.

How about a name change to  the "Buffalo Warriors", they could have the theme song from that movie and then play clips from the movie. That guy banging the bottles together was great,

Clan, clang clang "warriors____come out to playeyaaaaaa"  haha

Edited by xRUSHx

Before anyone insists on something new, check out what some of the "newer" stuff around the league sounds like.  The Ravens one made me want to drill extra holes in my head.

Edited by LeviF91

49 minutes ago, HOF4LOU said:

check out the talking proud video on youtube.  it's hilarious!  love the marching...

I always wondered how that lady does that strut while leaning so far backwards.

22 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Holy crap, that “Talking Proud” song is horrendous.

Back in 1980 that was considered pretty good, in a bland, elevator-music "try not to offend anyone" sort of way.