Loving Dion Dawkins - on & off the field!

Punt75

A rookie from Temple that was supposed to be a back-up guard.  He's become an excellent LT and makes injury prone Glenn with his big contract expendable.  A great draft pick!  He's always celebrating in the end zone after a Bills TD.  In the Indy game he was throwing snow at the fans and shoveling snow off the field.  After the game the team went to Ilio DiPaolio's Restaurant to celebrate.  When an employee left to go home and was stuck in the 15" of snow Dion was the first player out the door to help push her out! 

A good player, a good team mate and a good man!

• Like (+1) 7

7 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

A rookie from Temple that was supposed to be a back-up guard.  He's become an excellent LT and makes injury prone Glenn with his big contract expendable.  A great draft pick!  He's always celebrating in the end zone after a Bills TD.  In the Indy game he was throwing snow at the fans and shoveling snow off the field.  After the game the team went to Ilio DiPaolio's Restaurant to celebrate.  When an employee left to go home and was stuck in the 15" of snow Dion was the first player out the door to help push her out! 

He definitely wasn't supposed to be a backup guard 

we traded up to take him in the second round. He was always going to be the swing tackle , RT or backup to Cordy 

Glenn is hurt so he's been on the left

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

If he continues to improve and, he could be a cornerstone of our offensive line moving forward.  On the game-winning run by Shady last week, Incognito got all the shine as he made an outstanding block but nobody said anything about what Dawkins did.  He sealed the outside defender and pushed him right to the ground helping create that car-sized hole.  

He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

I did notice he's always there celebrating with his teammates.  I noticed Wentz participates in team celebrations with the Eagles as well, I like that.  I know the two aren't connected really but I like the unity it shows.  These are young men having fun and I think that mentality keeps you loose and leads to wins.  Agree totally, seems like a great kid on and off the field!

We sat in front of Taylor Moton's mom at the Bills/Panthers game earlier this year.  His whole family (Dad, uncle, etc.) were great folks. 

My son told her he wanted the Bills to draft Taylor.  She said, "no y'all got Dion.  Dion is my son's favorite from the draft process both in terms of talent and personality". 

She couldn't say enough good things about the Bills LT.

12 hours ago, Punt75 said:

His play is going to be the main Reason The Bills will try to move Glenn in the offseason 

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Its possible though I really hope we just move one of them to Right OT

Maybe and I would LOVE Glenn at RT and to not have to worry about that side but based off what i have been told look for Glenn to be moved. 

And this would actually be the one trade that they make (if made) that in the long run i just dont get 

Edited by MAJBobby

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Maybe and I would LOVE Glenn at RT and to not have to worry about that side but based off what i have been told look for Glenn to be moved. 

And this would actually be the one trade that they make (if made) that in the long run i just dont get 

What do you think we would get for him? I would guess 4th based on his injuries this year or possibly a 3rd

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Again I ask, WHY?

He's a big man with not one, but TWO bad feet.