Cali Mileage Tax

Dante

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Makes sense.  Was wondering whether somebody she works with REALLY didn't like you. :lol:

No, they all like me.  They're weird that way.

(Except the one lawyer who verbally abused my wife and grabbed her arm hard enough to bruise her.  He confessed he didn't think much of me, once his jaw was unwired.)

1 hour ago, westerndecline said:

In case anyone is interested in the real cost and not the rush Limbaugh show talking pts on green energy

Is this a joke?

You don't need anyone's talking points.

You simply need to know what is available, what it costs. and what output it provides. It's all out there in completely objective reality.

This couple isn't "green" at all.

They are burning propane and wood.

But, what a couple!

She's referencing their propane tank and she asks if it's a 1 or 5 gallon tank, and he corrects her that it's 20 pounds.

He tells how much he prefers  "land" to a house then complains about how much it was costing him to take care of the land.

About mid video he abruptly corrects his clueless estimate on land size.

They tell us their regular house got so filthy that they went through a vacuum a month or something, then the genius goes off on a Dyson commercial.

I quite watching when she pulled that slimy growth on his chin and claimed that their "paradigm shifted."

What a couple of dopes.

Edited by sherpa
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

Is this a joke?

You don't need anyone's talking points.

You simply need to know what is available, what it costs. and what output it provides. It's all out there in completely objective reality.

This couple isn't "green" at all.

They are burning propane and wood.

But, what a couple!

She's referencing their propane tank and she asks if it's a 1 or 5 gallon tank, and he corrects her that it's 20 pounds.

He tells how much he prefers  "land" to a house then complains about how much it was costing him to take care of the land.

About mid video he abruptly corrects his clueless estimate on land size.

They tell us their regular house got so filthy that they went through a vacuum a month or something, then the genius goes off on a Dyson commercial.

I quite watching when she pulled that slimy growth on his chin and claimed that their "paradigm shifted."

What a couple of dopes.

Like i said you're an energy oil nut job and said nothing about cost.

Ur exposed

Next

4 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Like i said you're an energy oil nut job and said nothing about cost.

Ur exposed

Next

And you're totally wrong.

I had a geothermal in my last house, and this one framed in a manner that if solar became cost effective I would be ready.

27 minutes ago, sherpa said:

And you're totally wrong.

I had a geothermal in my last house, and this one framed in a manner that if solar became cost effective I would be ready.

Here dude...

Theres like 20 vids on minimalist ideas, green energy, alternatives for basic needs, minimalist philosophy

On 12/13/2017 at 5:32 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

I would embrace a mileage tax as opposed to a sales tax on gasoline but not in addition to.  In California I suspect they're doing it in concert with losing a massive revenue source when they make certain types of fuels or vehicles illegal.

So the local libertarian would be ok with the government tracking every place he went?  Now that's very interesting. 

You really think they'd institute this tax without controlling how the mileage is tracked?

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So the local libertarian would be ok with the government tracking every place he went?  Now that's very interesting. 

You really think they'd institute this tax without controlling how the mileage is tracked?

I find all taxes to be fairly invasive, so I tend toward tax structures whichat least  allow the individuals consuming services to be billed proportionately.  I conceded that no form of taxation is ideal, and all are onerous.  

The way I would implement it would be a meter reading when your car is inspected, with itemized deductions for out of state travel.

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I find all taxes to be fairly invasive, so I tend toward tax structures whichat least  allow the individuals consuming services to be billed proportionately.  I conceded that no form of taxation is ideal, and all are onerous.  

The way I would implement it would be a meter reading when your car is inspected, with itemized deductions for out of state travel.

How are the itemized deductions monitored?  If you drive 20,000 miles between inspections  without ever leaving the state, what is to stop somebody from claiming that they drove 19,000 out of state?

If multiple states adopt mileage taxes, are car owners responsible for filing tax returns in every state their vehicles have driven?

43 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

How are the itemized deductions monitored?  If you drive 20,000 miles between inspections  without ever leaving the state, what is to stop somebody from claiming that they drove 19,000 out of state?

If multiple states adopt mileage taxes, are car owners responsible for filing tax returns in every state their vehicles have driven?

I've got an idea---why not a gasoline tax? The government could actually charge a tax right at the gas pumps and one would pay it immediately. -)

22 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I've got an idea---why not a gasoline tax? The government could actually charge a tax right at the gas pumps and one would pay it immediately. -)

I think where the conversation has evolved is, given California's desire to make alternative fuels mandatory, how they plan on replacing the lost revenue from their current pump taxes.

It's California, so they aren't going to shrink the state's role in the economy.  So how do they replace the revenue?

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I think where the conversation has evolved is, given California's desire to make alternative fuels mandatory, how they plan on replacing the lost revenue from their current pump taxes.

It's California, so they aren't going to shrink the state's role in the economy.  So how do they replace the revenue?

Theoretically they should tax the sources of alternate energy. Windmill tax, solar panel tax on the energy produced. Now will they? Hell no, they will find some way to try to put a round peg in a square hole.

41 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Thats the point genius

Green energy is so much cheaper to the point of zero that its going to fundamentally change the economy and political system

If energy is free, u dont find new ways to replace that money

Capitalism doesnt self correct that way

1 hour ago, westerndecline said:

Thats the point genius

Green energy is so much cheaper to the point of zero that its going to fundamentally change the economy and political system

If energy is free, u dont find new ways to replace that money

Capitalism doesnt self correct that way

And when you ever come up with any reasonable proof that  it is "is so much cheaper," those who follow this stuff may listen. 

Your claim, so far, seems to be that those who do pay attention to this this issue are not smart enough to interpret the existing data.

I doubt you have ever made these decisions.

I have, more than once, and you are foolish.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, sherpa said:

And when you ever come up with any reasonable proof that  it is "is so much cheaper," those who follow this stuff may listen. 

Your claim, so far, seems to be that those who do pay attention to this this issue are not smart enough to interpret the existing data.

Off the top of my head he thinks he is an expert in energy, immigration and insurance.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Its already been proven for yrs with the tiny house examples

Once the solar panel is put in place, u may pay for propane once a month, some type of insignificant camper lot fee, rain water sustainability, etc

Ur left paying for basic maintenance of any standard living qtrs

Per month

rent zero or 50$

Water maybe 10$

Propane 10-20$

Electricity virtually zero maybe 50$ per month savings for maintenance

This isnt even considering electic cars which would eliminate fuel cost and focus on battery efficiency

U can already take a couple heavy duty car batteries and a converter to supply massive energy

57 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Off the top of my head he thinks he is an expert in energy, immigration and insurance.

Random