Washington *** denies name change to 'Redhawks' after internet hoax

Punching Bag

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

and if the visiting team wins, they get to take over FedEx Field for a week and the Redskins get relocated to some parcel of land in Wyoming.

And if the visiting team loses, they play again and again until they win.

The term "Redskins" isn't offensive to a large enough minority group for them to change it. If it was a derogatory term towards black people, sure, they'd be forced to change it. But since there isn't a huge population of Native Americans, and most Americans don't even know any personally, they just ignore it.

Snyder just needs to change the name to something more contemporary-racist than what it is now lol

Also, I like the name Redhawks. That's a pretty sweet name.

8 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

If you're offended by the word Redskins you're probably a little kitten. Grow up, man up.

C'mon... Is it really so hard to understand how that term could be considered derogatory to a group of people if you are part of that group?

I mean it's a no-brainer to me. Could I make a team called the "Brooklyn Darkies" or "San Francisco Yellowskins?" Definitely not. It's just that most of us in this country don't really pay attention to Native Americans in general enough to care.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

The term "Redskins" isn't offensive to a large enough minority group for them to change it. If it was a derogatory term towards black people, sure, they'd be forced to change it. But since there isn't a huge population of Native Americans, and most Americans don't even know any personally, they just ignore it.

Snyder just needs to change the name to something more contemporary-racist than what it is now lol

C'mon... Is it really so hard to understand how that term could be considered derogatory to a group of people if you are part of that group?

I mean it's a no-brainer to me. Could I make a team called the "Brooklyn Darkies" or "San Francisco Yellowskins?" Definitely not. It's just that most of us in this country don't really pay attention to Native Americans in general enough to care.

I'm the last person in the world who cares about offending anyone. 

Hell, just for the lulz I set my location to the CSA.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I think they should keep the name "Redskins," but only sell tickets through scalpers.  And instead of an offensive huddle, they should have a powwow.

Do I need reservations to get tickets?

And what if someone gives me a ticket as a gift and then asks for it back? 

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

It really is pathetic that the name still exists. Equally pathetic are the comments in this thread and the fact that it is still open for more idiots to post in.

11 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

If you're offended by the word Redskins you're probably a little kitten. Grow up, man up.

I'd agree except unfortunately if you use the slur for Jews for the Jack'ass Washington's owner rather than American Indians they will assign you warning points.  It seems some slurs are okay and others aren't.

Edited by Limeaid