Ideally, this is how the next 6 months play out regarding team & QB

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is not true. It is not the only way, it is one way. And as you've suggested, can be catastrophic if you miss. The name of the game with McBean is conservative. They eilk, IMO, Sit where they are and take a QB they like while building the team up around them. And if that guy they took doesn't pan out, they will try again and the loss of the draft capital wouldn't be as devistating. 

I never understand the desire to move up and spend more on a player that, to be honest, no one knows how they'll perform. 

It's the way.  You don't understand the desire to move up and spend more on a player or you don't understand moving up for a QB?

I didn't say catastrophic -  I said it can screw you for years.  Then you do it again if you need to.  

The Bills have signed excellent players in free agency over the years and fielded decent teams but to have an opportunity to win the super bowl - that's the path.  If you think Kirk Cousins is holding up a Lombardi one day - you're sadly mistaken.  Could we get a playoff card - yes.  Well, If that's all you want fine.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Cousins for 5 years at $130,000,000. $100M guaranteed. Then go OL, LB, DT, DE, RB. Super Bowl by 2019.

Not with Cousins as QB.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. We've not keeping TT in any capacity. 

2. The Browns & Giants will be drafting the LA guys

3. We're not beating Mia twice

4. We either make a play for Cousins if available or pray a Mayfield/Rudolph fall to us.

Mayfield will fall to us which is good because he is the best of the bunch. He just doesn't have the size ala Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott. If he was 6'4" he would go #1.

Neither of those two QB's are worth that many draft picks.  You trade down not up.  McBeane has set the team up to restock the talent on this team over the next few drafts.  If they are smart, they let a QB drop to them while moving back in the draft acquiring more picks in 2018 and 2019.

6 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

If we draft one, 16 mil for an experienced backup aint bad. Keep him at that cost. If we get silly and try for cousins...peterman is the 2 as it will be cost prohibited to do both

5 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

It makes absolutely no sense to pay that kind of money to a backup qb.

Again, the Chiefs with Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes would be the blueprint.

Darnold in particular from what I've read and heard and seen is pretty raw and needs to work on decision making so maybe the year or half year or whatever it would end up being would greatly benefit him.

6 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

16? Id do it.especially if we draft one one on a rookie deal. Covering basis'

Yup, you'd have like $20 million total dedicated to the most important position in football with 2 rookie QB contracts.

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. We've not keeping TT in any capacity. 

2. The Browns & Giants will be drafting the LA guys

3. We're not beating Mia twice

4. We either make a play for Cousins if available or pray a Mayfield/Rudolph fall to us.

Thusly the sage has spoken, and thus it shall be 0:)

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Trade for a guy who has a jacked up shoulder and has been beaten up since he came into the league?  Hell no, not for 2 firsts.

You wouldn't trade 2 firsts for Andrew Luck?

Really?

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bow out of what???

This isn't the "I love Tyrod Taylor" thread a couple of you are making it out to be.

My intention wasn't to talk about Taylor but rather the possibility of Rosen/Darnold/Luck in Buffalo based on what we'd have to give up all assuming/hoping the Colts end up with the #2 pick.

Haha, it is a Tyrod thread and it's started by Trans so I thought for sure it's a love thread

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

How the F is this a Tyrod thread, dumbass?

Did you even read the OP?

I read it, it all comes around to you wanting Tyrod to stick around next year and 2019.

Really? name calling ? Come on man, Why so serious?

Edited by xRUSHx

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Tyrod taylor will not be a Buffalo Bill next year in any capacity. If he is this team will sink into despair for god knows how much longer.

It's people like you and the above poster who are making this about Tyrod Taylor.

I'm talking the next decade to decade and a half of our QB position and scenarios that involve us getting that guy and what we have to give up and you guys are fixated on talking about Tyrod Taylor.

Anazing :doh:

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

I read it, it all comes around to you wanting Tyrod to stick around next year

No, it doesn't.

I hope your Internet self isn't a reflection of how you are in real life. 

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's people like you and the above poster who are making this about Tyrod Taylor.

I'm talking the next decade to decade and a half of our QB position and scenarios that involve us getting that guy and what we have to give up and you guys are fixated on talking about Tyrod Taylor.

Anazing :doh:

Hey man you have been a big supporter of Tyrod, you have made a ton of threads defending him. You said we problably keep Tyrod, that lit a little fire to the entire thread IMO. If you would have left that out and did not have a big track record of Tyrod threads I do not think anyone would have brought it up.

In your original post you said:

TRANSPLANTBILLSFAN:

If it's Rosen/Darnold, we probably keep Taylor who competes/starts the beginning of 2018 with one of those guys set to take the reins during the year of in 2019.

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No, it doesn't.

Yes it does in your OP. I just showed you in my reply above.

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Obviously the most ideal is that we make a playoff run and win a Super Bowl, but I don't think ANYONE believes that will happen.  I don't... I'm hoping, obviously, but don't even remotely think it happens.

so... we're left with this... and I think this is the way things would ideally play out in McBeane's mind

Bills win out or win 2 of their next 3 games and make the playoffs to get that monkey off our back

Giants win a couple games to get to 4 or 5 wins and the Colts lose all of their remaining games. 

Colts left with #2 draft pick while Giants fall to #3.

Bills trade up on draft day with the Colts for the #2 pick to get Darnold/Rosen OR (and this is a pipe dream) we trade for Luck somehow.

Yes, I realize if we trade up for Darnold/Rosen, we're giving them 2 firsts this year, a first next year and probably another draft pick or two.  If those 2 QBs are as advertised, that's fine.

Yes, I realize that if we trade up for Luck, we're going to have to probably give away EVEN MORE draft picks.  If Andrew Luck is healthy, that's fine.

If it's Rosen/Darnold, we probably keep Taylor who competes/starts the beginning of 2018 with one of those guys set to take the reins during the year of in 2019.

We have our QB for the next 15 years

If it's Luck, I wonder if we package Taylor in there with a trade and try to accomplish that in the first 4 or 5 days of the new league year when whatever bonus doesn't kick in, yet.

We have a generational franchise-changer for the next decade, at least... hopefully.

Anyway, regardless, now that the 49ers look like they're falling precipitously in the draft with Jimmy G helping them win, looks like we're rooting for the Colts to lose and the Giants to win... so we helped ourselves out in a couple different ways on Sunday  :flirt:

Do you see it?

It is hidden in there but its there

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey man you have been a big supporter of Tyrod, you have made a ton of threads defending him. You said we problably keep Tyrod, that lit a little fire to the entire thread IMO. If you would have left that out and did not have a big track record of Tyrod threads I do not think anyone would have brought it up.

In your original post you said:

TRANSPLANTBILLSFAN:

Yes it does in your OP. I just showed you in my reply above.

Do you see it?

It is hidden in there but its there

You are proving to be an idiot. Seriously.

That's fact, not insult.

I think you're the one truly obsessed with Tyrod Taylor.

I mentioned him twice  in a much longer post, and one of those mentions was about trading him.

This thread is about the Bills future Franchise QB. Tyrod Taylor isn't that guy. I don't know why you're so obsessed with making him the focal point of every conversation, even those that really aren't about him.

Sad. Just sad.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

45 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Again, you' are proving to be an idiot. Seriously.

That's fact, not insult.

I think you're the one truly obsessed with Tyrod Taylor.

I mentioned him twice  in a much longer post, and one of those mentions was about trading him.

This thread is about the Bills future Franchise QB. Tyrod Taylor isn't that guy. I don't know why you're so obsessed with making him the focal point of every conversation, even those that really aren't about him.

Sad. Just sad.

"truly obsessed with Tyrod Taylor"

Trans meet mirror, mirror meet Trans.

What is with the name calling with you?

Now you call me a Idiot?

You also said:

I am a pretty cool dude to hang out with, so I am told but your internet self is kinda mean, I hope your not like this in real life because mean people suck.

Hey man I understand your mad because I pointed out why some posters talked about Tyrod in your thread. You might not have wanted to make it about Tyrod but deep down in your mind you really did because of that hidden little paragragh IMO. Maybe your next thread could leave his name out of any future talk including 2018/2019 so you can honestly say his name was never brought up.

You say in above post: 

This thread is about the Bills future Franchise QB. Tyrod Taylor isn't that guy.

But you say in the OP: 

we probably keep Taylor who competes/starts the beginning of 2018 

Also in the OP you throw in: 

with one of those guys set to take the reins during the year of in 2019.

one of those guys you are talking about is Tyrod and he is still here in 2019 in your comment.

your driving on both sides of the road and that's in your word "fact". With "no insults" or name calling.

Edited by xRUSHx

11 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

What would be covering basis is using that 16 million to actually put a dominant pass blocking OL in front of our qbs

RG and RT are trash

Eric Wood is getting old

It wouldn't be 16 mil.  According to sport trac Taylor has a dead cap hit of 8.6 mil. "Potential Out: 2018, 1 yr, $14,500,000; $8,640,000 dead cap"

Then it cost further money for another back up QB.  Unless they just roll with Peterman.

10 hours ago, PolishDave said:

Can Taylor.   Sign Josh McCown.   Draft rookie.

McCown currently makes 6mil fully guaranteed.  Jets also want him back.  Taylor dead cap 8.6mil.  McCown likely more than 6mil.  You are looking at pretty much  14.6 mil+ on McCown if you figure in Taylors dead money.

6 hours ago, CviewBills said:

Seriously, did you watch any of the Brown's games last year?  I get that it was the Browns, but he wasn't very good.

I don't expect him to play much at all.   Maybe first couple games unless he is playing better than expected.   He played okay for the Jets this year.   And he is cheap.

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

McCown currently makes 6mil fully guaranteed.  Jets also want him back.  Taylor dead cap 8.6mil.  McCown likely more than 6mil.  You are looking at pretty much  14.6 mil+ on McCown if you figure in Taylors dead money.

Entirely possible he won't be available.   Just speculating.