Ideally, this is how the next 6 months play out regarding team & QB

Now everyone’s a capologist. “Tyrods  too expensive”

First we have the armchair scouts and GMs and now the “let’s save cap space”crew.

Theres likely to not be a market for Tyrod. Tyrods agent during last offseason put feelers out to teams that TT could be available and they had zero interest from any team,that’s why he stayed here. The same will happen this year. Why? Because TT is not a very good QB. Teams know it.

If the Bills want Tyrod back he will have to come back at their number, not his.

I don’t understand why anyone here cares what Pegula spends on any player with bonus money.

Not our money, nor our concern.

Cap space will be managed by people who actually know how to. 

I Have rode the ride of Tyrod, it was a very bumpy ride but I also liked the complete ride, but now it is time to move on. I think we try to move up too get into the first 2 or 3 picks but if the top 2 QB are gone we stay where we are at and hope the next tear of them fall to us. I personally like Mayfield but I will be there rooting for the team who ever they pick up.  GO BILLS. 

6 hours ago, gr8billsfan said:

I rather have Rosen or Mayfield personally.  If we trade up to the Giants we give away both 1st rounders easily, but idk about next years first too... 

We need to focus on NT, OL, LB, and WR.

Why not Darnold?

Isn't Rosen thinner and more injury prone?

Might be a problem in the NFL, not that I wouldn't be stoked to get him.

15 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Just because Darnold and Rosen are rated at the top of next year's QM market doesn't mean they're worth trading two firsts for. 

Supposidly this is one of those drafts that it makes sense though.

I mean....its all a crapshoot but you gotta have that year that you push your chips to the center of the table.

The Bills will have options. They can move up in the first round if they want to but there are too many QB needy teams that will be picking in the top 5. It would be too costly for the Bills to move up when the Bills need to hit on the first four rounds of the draft to add some talent and depth to this team. I know Beane doesnt like to make a big splash in free agency but he may need to solidy the right side of the line in free agency. 

16 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bow out of what???

This isn't the "I love Tyrod Taylor" thread a couple of you are making it out to be.

My intention wasn't to talk about Taylor but rather the possibility of Rosen/Darnold/Luck in Buffalo based on what we'd have to give up all assuming/hoping the Colts end up with the #2 pick.

I realistically do not see Taylor being cut.  On the open market you can not find Taylor production for the money.  If a better Qb is brought in Fa or is selected in round 1 I believe Buffalo would be able to find a trade partner for Taylor.  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You are proving to be an idiot. Seriously.

That's fact, not insult.

I think you're the one truly obsessed with Tyrod Taylor.

I mentioned him twice  in a much longer post, and one of those mentions was about trading him.

This thread is about the Bills future Franchise QB. Tyrod Taylor isn't that guy. I don't know why you're so obsessed with making him the focal point of every conversation, even those that really aren't about him.

Sad. Just sad.

Your better then this Transplant.

Some advice is to back away from the keyboard a bit when it comes to QB position in Buffalo for awhile until the Tyrod dust settles. From BBMB to TBD threads all you have done was support the guy hardcore, which is/was admirable to a degree even though you were wrong.  Being a internet or thread bully is making you like like bolded sir.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Supposidly this is one of those drafts that it makes sense though.

I mean....its all a crapshoot but you gotta have that year that you push your chips to the center of the table.

Exactly! 

Remember a couple years ago with Goff and Wentz going #1 and #2?  Weren't both those guys traded up for?  Didn't the Rams trade up with the Browns (?) and the Eagles trade up with the Titans?

Maybe this is like that... ?

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why not Darnold?

Isn't Rosen thinner and more injury prone?

Might be a problem in the NFL, not that I wouldn't be stoked to get him.

which one of them has "off the field" issues?  lack of maturity or some such from what I heard on Mike and Wingo 

11 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

"truly obsessed with Tyrod Taylor"

Trans meet mirror, mirror meet Trans.

What is with the name calling with you?

Now you call me a Idiot?

You also said:

I hope your Internet self isn't a reflection of how you are in real life. 

I am a pretty cool dude to hang out with, so I am told but your internet self is kinda mean, I hope your not like this in real life because mean people suck.

Hey man I understand your mad because I pointed out why some posters talked about Tyrod in your thread. You might not have wanted to make it about Tyrod but deep down in your mind you really did because of that hidden little paragragh IMO. Maybe your next thread could leave his name out of any future talk including 2018/2019 so you can honestly say his name was never brought up.

You say in above post: 

This thread is about the Bills future Franchise QB. Tyrod Taylor isn't that guy.

But you say in the OP: 

we probably keep Taylor who competes/starts the beginning of 2018 

Also in the OP you throw in: 

with one of those guys set to take the reins during the year of in 2019.

one of those guys you are talking about is Tyrod and he is still here in 2019 in your comment.

your driving on both sides of the road and that's in your word "fact". With "no insults" or name calling.

I'm sorry I have to do this, Real McCoy.  I know it upsets you when I respond like this, but misinformation deserves to be corrected and, if the deliberate intent to misinform exists, it deserves to be criticized.

I never said Tyrod will be here in 2019.  Never.

At best, Taylor plays with the Bills in 2018.  In 2018, he's gone while the guy we drafted in the 2018 draft takes the reins.

What you believe have been "insults" and "name calling" are really not, on my part.  I really want to like you, but you constantly say things that are either bending the truth or are just outright lies and you do it in such a pompous and arrogant manner that I just have to respond to it.  No, I'm not better than responding to smear tactics, which is all you seem to resort to.

So, once again, the post you have here contains absolute and outright lies.  You do that a lot.

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

which one of them has "off the field" issues?  lack of maturity or some such from what I heard on Mike and Wingo 

Mayfield and Rosen?

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Rosen had a hot tub in his dorm room and has spoken out against the NCAA when it comes to how they use student athletes, do not compensate them, and generally do not care whether they succeed in life beyond college or not. He also had some tweets/comments about the presidential race. To my knowledge he hasn't had any issues with the law and hasn't been accused of anything either outside of being outspoken on certain issues.

Some call that off the field issues because he made the news. To me he's a college kid enjoying college with the hot tub, and he isn't wrong about the NCAA racket.

• Like (+1) 1

Just seeing Mayfield a bit I wonder if he might actually the best NFL QB in the draft.  Yeah, there's his height, which I'll be curious about when he reaches the combine, but he just seems like such an unbelievable competitor and just seems to always deliver.  He'll fall because of attitude and personality and height, but I wonder if McDermott & Co. could channel all that competitive fire and personality in the way it seems they've done with McCoy, who now just looks like the ultimate team guy.

44 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:
52 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Mayfield and Rosen?

Maybe Rosen .   Like up I don't follow college ball.   I have to rely on the radio heads 

44 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Rosen had a hot tub in his dorm room and has spoken out against the NCAA when it comes to how they use student athletes, do not compensate them, and generally do not care whether they succeed in life beyond college or not. He also had some tweets/comments about the presidential race. To my knowledge he hasn't had any issues with the law and hasn't been accused of anything either outside of being outspoken on certain issues.

Some call that off the field issues because he made the news. To me he's a college kid enjoying college with the hot tub, and he isn't wrong about the NCAA racket.

thanks 13 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm sorry I have to do this, Real McCoy.  I know it upsets you when I respond like this, but misinformation deserves to be corrected and, if the deliberate intent to misinform exists, it deserves to be criticized.

I never said Tyrod will be here in 2019.  Never.

At best, Taylor plays with the Bills in 2018.  In 2018, he's gone while the guy we drafted in the 2018 draft takes the reins.

What you believe have been "insults" and "name calling" are really not, on my part.  I really want to like you, but you constantly say things that are either bending the truth or are just outright lies and you do it in such a pompous and arrogant manner that I just have to respond to it.  No, I'm not better than responding to smear tactics, which is all you seem to resort to.

So, once again, the post you have here contains absolute and outright lies.  You do that a lot.

Mayfield and Rosen?

I took your post and comments and broke it down for you so you can understand a little better in

page 3

of this thread but yet you still end up smearing it and acting like you never said this or that. I guess a good way to cover up my post IYO is to bump this thread to another page. Hide it. Then try to discredit me and outright lie about it.

I do not know any other way to show you what you said but by taking what you said and showing you what you said but yet you say I am making it up but you in your own comments and OP did say everything quoted? Incredible,

I never lied I posted YOUR words.

SMH

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

I took your post and comments and broke it down for you so you can understand a little better in

page 3

of this thread but yet you still end up smearing it and acting like you never said this or that. I guess a good way to cover up my post IYO is to bump this thread to another page. Hide it. Then try to discredit me and outright lie about it.

I do not know any other way to show you what you said but by taking what you said and showing you what you said but yet you say I am making it up but you in your own comments and OP did say everything quoted? Incredible,

I never lied I posted YOUR words.

SMH

I was going to get upset at you, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and translate what I meant.  Here's the quote you're referring to where you think I'm saying that Taylor will be here in 2019:

"If it's Rosen/Darnold, we probably keep Taylor who competes/starts the beginning of 2018 with one of those guys set to take the reins during the year of in 2019."

I assume you're equating Taylor with "one of those guys" because he was mentioned in the same sentence.  Considering it says "one of those guys set to take the reins," I believed, when typing that sentence originally, that it would have been implicit to anyone who read that phrase that "take the reins" means it would have been Rosen or Darnold taking over Taylor's position once he was gone.

I see that I needed to explain that phrase further for clarification for a poster who might misinterpret that phrase or just not know what the heck it implies/means.

So, what that phrase said and what I meant with that phrase was never that Taylor would be around in 2019, instead that Taylor might be here in 2018, possibly still "holding the reins" as a starter/placeholder while the rookie learns.  And then in 2019, Taylor would be gone and one of Darnold or Rosen would have to "take the reins," a phrase that usually implies one person taking over a position from someone who is leaving or has just left that position.

Understood now?

I never ever said or meant or believed in the context of this thread that Tyrod Taylor would still be a Buffalo Bill in 2019  0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I was going to get upset at you, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and translate what I meant.  Here's the quote you're referring to where you think I'm saying that Taylor will be here in 2019:

"If it's Rosen/Darnold, we probably keep Taylor who competes/starts the beginning of 2018 with one of those guys set to take the reins during the year of in 2019."

I assume you're equating Taylor with "one of those guys" because he was mentioned in the same sentence.  Considering it says "one of those guys set to take the reins," I believed, when typing that sentence originally, that it would have been implicit to anyone who read that phrase that "take the reins" means it would have been Rosen or Darnold taking over Taylor's position once he was gone.

I see that I needed to explain that phrase further for clarification for a poster who might misinterpret that phrase or just not know what the heck it implies/means.

So, what that phrase said and what I meant with that phrase was never that Taylor would be around in 2019, instead that Taylor might be here in 2018, possibly still "holding the reins" as a starter/placeholder while the rookie learns.  And then in 2019, Taylor would be gone and one of Darnold or Rosen would have to "take the reins," a phrase that usually implies one person taking over a position from someone who is leaving or has just left that position.

Understood now?

I never ever said or meant or believed in the context of this thread that Tyrod Taylor would still be a Buffalo Bill in 2019  0:)

Very nicely said, no name calling and a explanation. Thank you

I don't suppose I will get a apology for the other snarky idiot remarks or being called a lier by you but at least you understand why I posted what I did.

IMO That paragraph is why many said what they did in this thread about Tyrod and you had to post a comment on it to more then one poster about this not being a Tyrod love thread and its where I first  commented.

IMO One of those guys to take the reins in 2019 could imply that Tyrod could still  be a backup, it never said to release Tyrod. I get you were trying to say that our top pick to take over in 2019 but IMO it was just left wide open to ride both sides of the road of having Tyrod a option to start or sit on the bench still on the Buffalo roster in 2019 IMO.

IMO he will not be on the roster in 2018.

Oh well at least I got this from you, good day to you, case closed

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Very nicely said, no name calling and a explanation. Thank you

I don't suppose I will get a apology for the other snarky idiot remarks or being called a lier by you but at least you understand why I posted what I did.

IMO That paragraph is why many said what they did in this thread about Tyrod and you had to post a comment on it to more then one poster about this not being a Tyrod love thread and its where I first  commented.

IMO One of those guys to take the reins in 2019 could imply that Tyrod could still  be a backup, it never said to release Tyrod. I get you were trying to say that our top pick to take over in 2019 but IMO it was just left wide open to ride both sides of the road of having Tyrod a option to start or sit on the bench still on the Buffalo roster in 2019 IMO.

IMO he will not be on the roster in 2018.

Oh well at least I got this from you, good day to you, case closed

I apologize for being an arse... I know I can be one. 

Sometimes you just bring out the worst in me, largely because you have some seemingly very extreme preconceived notions.

Ask questions next time if you don't understand what something says rather than just assuming "the worst" immediately. 

When I'm unfairly attacked, I'll hit back.