Ideally, this is how the next 6 months play out regarding team & QB

47 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Ideally? 

I don't want to see them move up in the draft. Since this is hypothetical, ideally I'd want them to stay where they are AND get the QB they want. Mortgaging the future on the unknown is too risky and definitely not an ideal situation. We have way too many holes to do so. 

We tried the fix holes before QB route.  Doesn't work.  

If there's a trade partner there in the first two picks - give them what it takes.   Unfortunately there will be several other teams willing to do the same.  

Obviously if you pick the wrong QB it can screw you for years but it's the only way.  If you pick one of the right ones - you absolutely will not miss those picks.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The problem with this concept IMO is that FA occurs prior to draft, so likely if you wanted to trade TT , you'd have done it prior to draft and prior to March 3rd roster bonus payout

what could they get for him?

a 5th? they traded a 6th for 99 and he's elite (when playing to his level) and taylor is not? watched a little of dareus getting double teamed sunday.

I don't see him or his agent accepting a back up role?  don't see him here in 2018.

10 minutes ago, White Linen said:

We tried the fix holes before QB route.  Doesn't work.  

If there's a trade partner there in the first two picks - give them what it takes.   Unfortunately there will be several other teams willing to do the same.  

Obviously if you pick the wrong QB it can screw you for years but it's the only way.  If you pick one of the right ones - you absolutely will not miss those picks.

This is not true. It is not the only way, it is one way. And as you've suggested, can be catastrophic if you miss. The name of the game with McBean is conservative. They eilk, IMO, Sit where they are and take a QB they like while building the team up around them. And if that guy they took doesn't pan out, they will try again and the loss of the draft capital wouldn't be as devistating. 

I never understand the desire to move up and spend more on a player that, to be honest, no one knows how they'll perform. 

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Transplant

I suppose anything is possible....you and I have been some of the strongest supporters for Tyrod over these recent years.

I gotta bow out on it.....its not that I dont think Tyrod is not a NFL player because I absolutely think he is.....its that the situation has just changed and the coaches no longer seem to want to biuld a team around his strengths.

Since that is the case...why would they pay millions of dollars for a QB that does not fit their system or parlay to the strengths of the players that they are putting into place......LAST YEARS OFFENSE was biult more for Taylor....if we had continued on with that I would be much more staunch in my defense of TT.

Quick timing throws

Accuracy

Working from the Pocket

Putting the ball into anticipation windows to possession receivers

These seem to be the direction the offense is going.   They have already benched Tyrod once this year so why would they pay the guy the millions he is scheduled to make and just get the qb they want going into the offseason...that seems like a much more rational plan now that they have made the moves they have made.

I think the bills are going after Cousins or using a boat load of picks to get into a position to get THEIR qb........and I think they like Nate Peterman.......

Bow out of what???

This isn't the "I love Tyrod Taylor" thread a couple of you are making it out to be.

My intention wasn't to talk about Taylor but rather the possibility of Rosen/Darnold/Luck in Buffalo based on what we'd have to give up all assuming/hoping the Colts end up with the #2 pick.

Transplant

I suppose anything is possible....you and I have been some of the strongest supporters for Tyrod over these recent years.

I gotta bow out on it.....its not that I dont think Tyrod is not a NFL player because I absolutely think he is.....its that the situation has just changed and the coaches no longer seem to want to biuld a team around his strengths.

Since that is the case...why would they pay millions of dollars for a QB that does not fit their system or parlay to the strengths of the players that they are putting into place......LAST YEARS OFFENSE was biult more for Taylor....if we had continued on with that I would be much more staunch in my defense of TT.

Quick timing throws

Accuracy

Working from the Pocket

Putting the ball into anticipation windows to possession receivers

These seem to be the direction the offense is going.   They have already benched Tyrod once this year so why would they pay the guy the millions he is scheduled to make and just get the qb they want going into the offseason...that seems like a much more rational plan now that they have made the moves they have made.

I think the bills are going after Cousins or using a boat load of picks to get into a position to get THEIR qb........and I think they like Nate Peterman.......

Oh, I think we know why.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

agree. do not see him in a bills uni next season. don't see any type of trade for luck either. could either be cousins brought in and they pass on drafting a QB (which would piss many fans off) and keep peterman as a back up? or they do draft one and he sits behind the starter, who ever that may end up being?

anyone's guess at this point but I really see no future for taylor on this roster.

Can Taylor.   Sign Josh McCown.   Draft rookie.

What would be covering basis is using that 16 million to actually put a dominant pass blocking OL in front of our qbs

RG and RT are trash

Eric Wood is getting old

I get that. But we have Plenty of cash, plenty of picks. Damn near every draft pick can be an upgrade. Why not just do it? $180 mil cap this year, plenty of draft capital...this is the year

Not saying we have $180 available. .just saying. And if we finagle a 4th or 5th for TT...good offseason

And actually JFH...Mills has been better. AND if Dennison gets gone, Miller may come back. Not saying we couldnt upgrade either, but better than Vlad n Henderson I think

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Just because Darnold and Rosen are rated at the top of next year's QM market doesn't mean they're worth trading two firsts for. 

I would for either of those two. Not anyone else this year

My biggest concern isn't draft positioning.

My biggest concern is the Bills front office being able to identify a franchise QB and then develop him.

I know that technically Doug Whaley was still in charge.  But Sean McDermott was in the building when we passed on Deshaun Watson.  And that's with nobody in the room (Whaley or McDermott) sold on Tyrod Taylor as our future.

Guys like Derek Carr and Dak Prescott have been slipping through the cracks in recent years.  We don't need a Top 10 pick to land our guy.  We need smart people running our team.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Obviously the most ideal is that we make a playoff run and win a Super Bowl, but I don't think ANYONE believes that will happen.  I don't... I'm hoping, obviously, but don't even remotely think it happens.

so... we're left with this... and I think this is the way things would ideally play out in McBeane's mind

Bills win out or win 2 of their next 3 games and make the playoffs to get that monkey off our back

Giants win a couple games to get to 4 or 5 wins and the Colts lose all of their remaining games. 

Colts left with #2 draft pick while Giants fall to #3.

Bills trade up on draft day with the Colts for the #2 pick to get Darnold/Rosen OR (and this is a pipe dream) we trade for Luck somehow.

Yes, I realize if we trade up for Darnold/Rosen, we're giving them 2 firsts this year, a first next year and probably another draft pick or two.  If those 2 QBs are as advertised, that's fine.

Yes, I realize that if we trade up for Luck, we're going to have to probably give away EVEN MORE draft picks.  If Andrew Luck is healthy, that's fine.

If it's Rosen/Darnold, we probably keep Taylor who competes/starts the beginning of 2018 with one of those guys set to take the reins during the year of in 2019.

We have our QB for the next 15 years

If it's Luck, I wonder if we package Taylor in there with a trade and try to accomplish that in the first 4 or 5 days of the new league year when whatever bonus doesn't kick in, yet.

We have a generational franchise-changer for the next decade, at least... hopefully.

Anyway, regardless, now that the 49ers look like they're falling precipitously in the draft with Jimmy G helping them win, looks like we're rooting for the Colts to lose and the Giants to win... so we helped ourselves out in a couple different ways on Sunday  :flirt:

Trade for a guy who has a jacked up shoulder and has been beaten up since he came into the league?  Hell no, not for 2 firsts.

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Agree with this. I think Peterman will be in the QB competition with the draft pick whoever it may be. Unless they do somehow land Luck in this scenario,then obviously Peterman would be the back up. I don't see Tyrod here at all next season, starting or back up.

I agree with this and that's why it's such a bad deal that Peterman got concussed and can't play. Peterman needs playing time because he will absolutely be a Buffalo Bill next year at minimum a back up and Tyrod will be gone. I would put the Bills at about 10% to run the table with Peterman, maybe 15% with Taylor so I would've leaned toward playing Peterman for the experience but his dumbass had to dive head first into a linebackers helmet so whetevs.....

Regardless how they finish I figure the Bills go Kings ransom (3 #1's) for a Franchise QB in the draft and spend like crazy to surround him with talent in FA or go Kings ransom for FA QB ($25 mil/year.) and load up with young talent in the draft with less to spend in FA after the QB dump. They drafted so well last year I could be good with #2 but #1 seems more exciting...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bow out of what???

This isn't the "I love Tyrod Taylor" thread a couple of you are making it out to be.

My intention wasn't to talk about Taylor but rather the possibility of Rosen/Darnold/Luck in Buffalo based on what we'd have to give up all assuming/hoping the Colts end up with the #2 pick.

Simple.  He’s done with Taylor being the Bills starting QB. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. We've not keeping TT in any capacity. 

2. The Browns & Giants will be drafting the LA guys

3. We're not beating Mia twice

4. We either make a play for Cousins if available or pray a Mayfield/Rudolph fall to us.

Probably the most likely scenario is right here.