Who agrees with me that this should be the 2018 OL?

njbuff

7 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

He hasn’t been part of this team in a long time.

i was puzzled that we gave him a long term deal— too much of an injury risk. 

At the point we gave him a long term deal he had just completed his 3rd season of playing every single game.  How was he an injury risk at that point?  Find me some other top flight LTs with that reliability record.  He has undoubtedly since early last year been struggling with something or a series of things.  He was still excellent when he was on the field last year and he started 11 games.... this year it has affected his performance no doubt.  

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

At the point we gave him a long term deal he had just completed his 3rd season of playing every single game.  How was he an injury risk at that point?  Find me some other top flight LTs with that reliability record.  He has undoubtedly since early last year been struggling with something or a series of things.  He was still excellent when he was on the field last year and he started 11 games.... this year it has affected his performance no doubt.  

My concern was that he has one kidney. I don’t know how that’s affected him this year, though I do note in addition to his many feet issues, he’s had a lot of absences due to “illnesses.” Seemed way too risky to give him a ton of money when he had just had a kidney removed.

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

My concern was that he has one kidney. I don’t know how that’s affected him this year, though I do note in addition to his many feet issues, he’s had a lot of absences due to “illnesses.” Seemed way too risky to give him a ton of money when he had just had a kidney removed.

I 100% disagree.  I think for his talent he was well worth any perceived risk.