Sam Bradford To The Bills..? Puke

corta765

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

So bleacher report released a fun article today highlighting where they think QB's are going next season and the potential carousel that could be spun in motion.

(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748670-early-predictions-for-the-wild-2018-nfl-qb-carousel)

They have the Bills acquiring Sam Bradford. My response: Puke. Sam Bradford is the definition of average at the QB position and would only solidify more 7-9 8-8 seasons. This season has basically been one with zero expectations. Next season though I would like to start seeing some growth one way or another towards the future. I would rather see the Bills draft a QB and have him start even if we have growing pains, then settle for a ceiling of 9-7 with Bradford.

The Bills have done a nice job acquiring picks, building a bit of a base this season, and over performing so far which if were lucky might result in the playoffs. This is not the time for Buffalo to settle with an option like Bradford.

Sam Bradford would make as much sense as Kolb did...he will be out for the season after slipping on his way to practice too.  Seriously, he would die behind this OL.  Over under on games started be at best 3.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I don’t hate it.

That's about where I am.  I understand the health issues, but I also think that by next season Nate Peterman could be a very good backup QB even if he's not quite ready to start.  By that, I think the Bills can win the Peterman as QB next season.  I think that if the Bills sign a high profile QB in the off season (Sam Bradford qualifies) they will not draft a QB high in the draft.  I could see them drafting another developmental type, if they agree with me that Peterman is ready to be a quality backup.  That would create some nice competition for the future.

38 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

That's about where I am.  I understand the health issues, but I also think that by next season Nate Peterman could be a very good backup QB even if he's not quite ready to start.  By that, I think the Bills can win the Peterman as QB next season.  I think that if the Bills sign a high profile QB in the off season (Sam Bradford qualifies) they will not draft a QB high in the draft.  I could see them drafting another developmental type, if they agree with me that Peterman is ready to be a quality backup.  That would create some nice competition for the future.

I agree with this. Next years offense even if it is with a newly drafted QB will still be very run heavy and if it is with a vet it will be a QB that is going to distribute the ball well for the WRs.

49 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Oh Luka.

Well you know, unless someone provides me a run down of all the QB's on the west coast, then maybe my opinion could be swayed.

I like Clayton Thorson.

Or Tebow.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

"NO MORE 2ND HAND QUARTERBACKS ALREADY". If they were any good they would not be passed around like a bad present at a white elephant party.

generally a good take.  But I think Bradford is a low tire-1 QB.  The injury bug is his issue.  If we draft a QB, he could be a good guy for the rookie to learn behind (or even for Peterman to learn from) before taking over due to injury or, perhaps reverse curse, he stays healthy with the Bills! 

39 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Bradford’s good for 4 games.   Whose gonna play the other 12 ?

rookie QB or Peterman.  

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

BR is trash and reading it will kill your brain cells. Do yourself a favor.

This.  If you want to kill brain cells, go for single malt Scotch.  It goes down much more smoothly and provides more warmth.

I mean he** BR is online, unlike old-time trash pubs you can't even use it to light charcoal.

2 hours ago, Luka said:

It would depend on the deal. Wouldn't hate it though, keeps them from selling their draft souls for a QB.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/12/13/16764316/latest-sb-nation-mock-draft-involves-massive-buffalo-bills-trade-up-sam-darnold-usc-joe-webb

If we're discussing "anyone can write" pubs, superbowl nation has us trading up for Darnold.   Guess you'd hate that?

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This.  If you want to kill brain cells, go for single malt Scotch.  It goes down much more smoothly and provides more warmth.

I mean he** BR is online, unlike old-time trash pubs you can't even use it to light charcoal.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/12/13/16764316/latest-sb-nation-mock-draft-involves-massive-buffalo-bills-trade-up-sam-darnold-usc-joe-webb

If we're discussing "anyone can write" pubs, superbowl nation has us trading up for Darnold.   Guess you'd hate that?

The two guys worth drafting are going 1 and 2. The rest of it is a crap shoot. Sorry but banking the franchise's future on Rudolph or Allen or Mayfield isn't going to pan out. If they land in your lap or you've got to spend a 3rd to move up then great but trading up to 4 for the third best QB or 4th best QB just isn't how you build a team. Not what everyone wants to hear but it's the truth. And they are being extremely generous projecting Darnold at 4. It will be Rosen/Darnold 1 and 2.