Sam Bradford To The Bills..? Puke

corta765

So bleacher report released a fun article today highlighting where they think QB's are going next season and the potential carousel that could be spun in motion.

(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748670-early-predictions-for-the-wild-2018-nfl-qb-carousel)

They have the Bills acquiring Sam Bradford. My response: Puke. Sam Bradford is the definition of average at the QB position and would only solidify more 7-9 8-8 seasons. This season has basically been one with zero expectations. Next season though I would like to start seeing some growth one way or another towards the future. I would rather see the Bills draft a QB and have him start even if we have growing pains, then settle for a ceiling of 9-7 with Bradford.

The Bills have done a nice job acquiring picks, building a bit of a base this season, and over performing so far which if were lucky might result in the playoffs. This is not the time for Buffalo to settle with an option like Bradford.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, corta765 said:

So bleacher report released a fun article today highlighting where they think QB's are going next season and the potential carousel that could be spun in motion.

(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748670-early-predictions-for-the-wild-2018-nfl-qb-carousel)

They have the Bills acquiring Sam Bradford. My response: Puke. Sam Bradford is the definition of average at the QB position and would only solidify more 7-9 8-8 seasons. This season has basically been one with zero expectations. Next season though I would like to start seeing some growth one way or another towards the future. I would rather see the Bills draft a QB and have him start even if we have growing pains, then settle for a ceiling of 9-7 with Bradford.

The Bills have done a nice job acquiring picks, building a bit of a base this season, and over performing so far which if were lucky might result in the playoffs. This is not the time for Buffalo to settle with an option like Bradford.

Im there too. Draft our 1st round rook, get an oc that will coach him up right and let him start next season if hes ready and wins in tc.

18 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Oddly, I think Bradford has evolved into a near-elite QB but is not acceptable because of his knee. It's a mess. I wonder if ever even plays again. 

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wounded Knees.  He should really consider retirement.

He may well. Apparently they couldn't locate any tear in his MRI in September because the scar tissue obscured everything.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, section122 said:

Bradford really appeared to turn a corner last year and played extremely well week 1.  That said you can't rely on him to get through a full year as a starter.  So maybe as a bridge to their drafted player but he's not the answer imo.

I agree with this fully.  Bradford has definitely looked like a viable starting QB in the NFL - but he just can't stay healthy.  

If/when we draft a QB, we may need a bridge QB and he's they type I'd certainly consider.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I agree with this fully.  Bradford has definitely looked like a viable starting QB in the NFL - but he just can't stay healthy.  

If/when we draft a QB, we may need a bridge QB and he's they type I'd certainly consider.  

My biggest issue with a bridge QB is lets just say Bradford or a QB like that comes in and gets the team to 9-7 even 10-6 and they make the playoffs. It's hard to then take that guy out and plug in the rookie who then is expected to have no flaws. My best case scenario would be the Bills break the drought and draft a guy like Darnold so the pressure is off in terms of playoffs and even if he has a growing year where maybe we fall back to 6-10 the foundation is truly set. I just feels we have had a lot of bridge guys like Fitz, Taylor, Orton and been down that road I guess. Respectfully .02

12 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My biggest issue with a bridge QB is lets just say Bradford or a QB like that comes in and gets the team to 9-7 even 10-6 and they make the playoffs. It's hard to then take that guy out and plug in the rookie who then is expected to have no flaws. My best case scenario would be the Bills break the drought and draft a guy like Darnold so the pressure is off in terms of playoffs and even if he has a growing year where maybe we fall back to 6-10 the foundation is truly set. I just feels we have had a lot of bridge guys like Fitz, Taylor, Orton and been down that road I guess. Respectfully .02

I completely agree.  I'm afraid we are going to get Cousins in free agency and use our picks to build around him instead of taking a shot at one of the qb prospects this year.  I don't want an average qb anymore who will win us 7-9 games, I want a game changer 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Bradford is the original Fool's Gold QB.

He's actually better than average, when he's healthy and plays.  Take a look at last year in Minn: 71.6% completions, 20 TD, 5 INT, 7.3 AY/A.  Those are very good numbers indeed, and he started out the 2017 season with similar. 

Yet in his 8 seasons in the league, he's managed to play >=15 games 3x, plus an additional 14 game season.  So he's been undependable as the QB in half of his 8 seasons.

That's why he's Fool's Gold.  He looks all sparkly and attractive, but if you hitch your franchise to his QB wagon, you'll be left on the side of the season.

37 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Oddly, I think Bradford has evolved into a near-elite QB but is not acceptable because of his knee. It's a mess. I wonder if ever even plays again. 

He may well. Apparently they couldn't locate any tear in his MRI in September because the scar tissue obscured everything.

Jesu.  Well, that doesn't surprise me.  There's a guy who'll be signing up for a "handicapped" tag before he celebrates his "over the Hill" Birthday.

• Like (+1) 1