CHEifs over chargers?

The juice

I just picked week 15 in the ESPN playoff machine, and if Pittsburgh beats NE and the Jags win, Jags are the #2 and NE drops to #3.

That is great for us, because it keeps Jacksonville playing in week 17 in Tennessee to keep a bye and we need the Titans to keep losing. Plus it's bad for NE, which is always good.

How great would it be if Gronk's cheap shot cost them a 1st round bye?

33 minutes ago, MDH said:

So I assume all the people who think it's an open and shut case that we want/need the Chargers to win think that the Titans are going to drop all their remaining games? Or that the Ravens will lose one of their last three vs. three of the worst teams in the NFL?

Because that's what it will take for the Bills to win a tie breaker vs. the Chiefs. Only if the Bills are tied with only the Chiefs does the head to head tie breaker come into effect. If the Bills are tied with the Chiefs and any other team(s) the Chiefs get the nod into the playoffs.

It's - obviously - impossible to know how everything will shake out but IMO it's much more likely the Ravens win out and the Titans win one of their remaining games.

How do you know the Chiefs will win the common opponent tie breaker at this point when no common opponent factors have been weighed yet?  

I appreciate you larger point, though.

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

How do you know the Chiefs will win the common opponent tie breaker at this point when no common opponent factors have been weighed yet?  

I appreciate you larger point, though.

You can see their schedule or use playoff machine. We lose most three way tie scenarios with the Chiefs. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So it’s predicated on outcomes yet to be determined. 

They all are. Chiefs strength of victory and conference records are better than the Chargers and I don't think the strength of victory will swing in our favor even if we beat the Patriots, but I can't totally confirm that.

31 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So it’s predicated on outcomes yet to be determined. 

Well, obviously. But in most scenarios it's better for the Bills playoff chances if the Chiefs win. 

In an ideal world, yeah, the Chiefs would lose 2 of their last three, the Chargers would win the west, the Bills would win at least 9, get a wild card and the relatively high 1st round pick from the Chiefs.

Personally, I think it's all moot anyway, I don't think the Bills finish 9-7.

7 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

We want the LA chargers to win the west due to tiebreakers and a better draft pick. It's a two for one deal. 

Plus, I cannot wait to watch the Saturday Wild Card game to see those 27,000 screaming fans in LA. 

Watching the Rams vs Eagles game in LA last weekend there were more Eagles fans than Rams fans in the Rams' home stadium which is completely across the country. :lol:

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is black and white. The Bills want the Chargers to win.

This is not true. KC holds the tiebreaker in ALL multi-tiebreaker situations, which 9-7 100% will be. The Bills hold the tiebreaker in all multi-tie scenarios with LAC.

Believe it or not, with a TEN/BAL win and a LAC loss, LAC is eliminated. 

This really is far from black and white, the Bills could be helped or hindered in many scenarios regardless of the winner. Probably the only thing certain is that Bills fans will want the winner of KC/ Chargers to continue winning and the loser to continue losing. If you want to know which will be better for the Bills playoff chances ( assuming two Bills wins vs MIA of course) it depends on what you think of TEN outlook. The Titans remaining games of at SF, vs Rams, vs Jags is a pretty tough slate. Probably the hardest of any AFC WC contender. If KC wins , you'd want TEN to go 1-2 down the stretch beating either SF or the Rams. If the Chargers win, you'd want TEN to lose all 3 games. 

2 hours ago, KevinMassare said:

This is not true. KC holds the tiebreaker in ALL multi-tiebreaker situations, which 9-7 100% will be. The Bills hold the tiebreaker in all multi-tie scenarios with LAC.

Believe it or not, with a TEN/BAL win and a LAC loss, LAC is eliminated. 

Appreciate the work you're doing here. Been following all the tiebreaker talk on Twitter. One scenario that seems reasonably likely is that the Ravens win out and the Titans lose out. In that scenario we would want LAC to take the division over the Chiefs. We'll have to wait and see how the week plays out. Either the Titans and Chiefs need to both lose, or both win. I don't see the Ravens losing any of their next three. Could happen, but highly unlikely.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If the Chiefs beat the Chargers

We beat the Dolphins this week

And the Titans lose one of their next two

Week 17 will then come down to us beating the Dolphins and the Titans losing to the Jags. If this happens, the drought ends

If Chiefs win our draft pick will be lower. Hopefully we can make the playoff at least. 

22 hours ago, MDH said:

In terms of the Bills playoffs, yeah, a Chiefs victory is probably the best thing for the Bills. Given that there is likely to be a log jam at 9-7 the Bills head to head win vs. the Chiefs won't come into play. It only matters if they end up the only two teams tied for a WC spot (it would also come into play if ALL the tied teams have played each other but that won't be the case.) The Chiefs win any tiebreaker in which more than two teams are tied because of their vastly superior strength of victory (due to their wins vs. the Pats and Eagles.)

The same thing, but opposite, applies to the Chargers. Sure, if the Bills end up tied with the Chargers and nobody else, the head to head comes into play. But if it's more than just those two it looks like the Bills would likely win the tiebreaker due to either better conference record or strength of victory. 

We beat the KC and Oakland.  We want SD to win the west.