Todd McShay 2018 Mock Draft 1.0

essential

A lot of smoking coming out of Cleveland about Mayfield already.  Cowherd (yeah yeah, I know) was speculating that Rosen and Darnold have let it float they are either coming back to school or outright telling the Browns not to draft them.

I would have to believe if the options are Cleveland or the Giants, Rosen or Darnold would be pushing HARD to get to New York.  With Dorsey saying he's eyeing immediate contention, I could really see the Browns trading for Alex Smith, putting their top pick up for auction for anyone who wants to jump the Giants ( Denver / Washington / Jets / Cardinals / Miami could all be in play), and developing both Mayfield & Kizer behind Smith.

I just don't know that we have the fire power to get up to #1, it's one thing to drop to ~8 and still get a "blue chip" prospect, it's quite something else to drop to ~16, I would have to imagine it would take both our 1sts / 2019 1st / + more to begin the conversation.

On 12/13/2017 at 9:05 PM, Chicken Boo said:

How is it that so many posters were absolutely against drafting Watson last season, but now want Johnny Football 2.0 this time around?

Help me understand. 

At the risk of getting flamed, one looks like Tyrod, the other looks like most of the posters here.

I was all about Watson last year, I want nothing to do with Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

At the risk of getting flamed, one looks like Tyrod, the other looks like most of the posters here.

I was all about Watson last year, I want nothing to do with Mayfield.

That's entirely possible.  I heard last season that Watson's game wouldn't translate or the stupid, "he only throws 49mph" argument.  I mean, really?!

But here you have a 5'11" QB with small hands and GLARING character concerns and it's completely ignored.

Doesn't matter, really.  This is just me venting.  The Bills aren't drafting Mayfield.  I'd bet my house on it.