Playoff Scenarios

Reddy Freddy

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Patriots lose last 3, Bills win last 3 and beat the Cheatriots by 21. We would win the AFC East I believe! One can only dream ?

dream yeah.... I am headed to Hollywood as someone needs to pinch me.........

I don't think points matter as div record would then favor Bills over Cheats. 

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, cba fan said:

dream yeah.... I am headed to Hollywood as someone needs to pinch me.........

I don't think points matter as div record would then favor Bills over Cheats. 

Thanks- I wasnt 100 percent sure about all the tie breakers. This will never happen tho.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

The Pats never lose even 2 in a row............they got beat by Miami last week, which means someone is going to get the holy hell beat out of them this week.

That someone is the Steelers.  Or at least, it's the Steelers who they're going to play.

I posted about this a week ago.  I said the Pats would overlook the fish and lose a trap game because they were thinking ahead to the Steelers.  Now if the Steelers can beat the Pats, the Pats drop to 10-4, and if the Bills beat the fish, we'll be at 8-6.  This sets up the possibility of the Bills beating the Pats (dream on, I know) and then we need the Bills to beat a dispirited Miami team in fishlandia, and the Jets who hate the Pats as much as we do have to hit them with the killing stab.  If this happens and the Bills and Pats are both 10-6, the Bills win because of their 3-3 conference record as opposed to the Pats at 2-4. 

I am NOT putting money on this.  It's just within the realm of possibility.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Patriots lose last 3, Bills win last 3 and beat the Cheatriots by 21. We would win the AFC East I believe! One can only dream ?

We don't have to beat the Cheats by 21. Just beat them, because our division record will be 4-2, and the Pats, assuming they lose 4 straight, would be 3-3.

• Like (+1) 1

It is a fun novelty that it is possible with only five involved games left, and even funnier that it could still be a possibility on Christmas eve with only three outcomes necessary for it to happen and eight days left in the season.

But pipe dreams aside, if the Patriots lose back to back home games to the Bills and Jets to drop to 10-6, lose the division, and end the season on a four game losing streak, is is like the ninth sign of the apocalypse and none of us will be around to enjoy it.

We might as well beat the Dolphins anyway and then root for the Steelers, since that's what we want to do on Sunday anyway...

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

If the Bills don't make the playoffs, I only need the Cheats to lose their last game of the season!  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, billsfan2298 said:

IMO there is no way that Baltimore loses out. They play the Browns, Colts, and Bengals. However, I could see the Titans loosing out. 

I agree. Just find it amusing that they could still get in at 8-8 in one scenario.