Aaron Williams still looking to come back

rafter

50 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

The lure of big money from a contract is pretty big I guess.  So much so he cannot rationally step away

I wonder how much a role that's playing in his decision making.

He did get some good money off his second contract even if he didn't finish it. Should be enough to retire if he's smart with it.

Edited by rafter
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

How do you know this?

Sources deep in the heart of Texas close to the situation, in fact I posted about this same topic last month:

Aaron Williams: Tanned, Rested and Ready

As most here probably know, former Bills starting safety Aaron Wiliams is still on the market, and word on the street is he is 100% healthy and was asking for too much money early on in free agency but now willing to sign for a more reasonable deal under the right circumstances. In fact a source of my in Texas told me recently he would be open to coming back to Buffalo. I'm paraphrasing but he told me: "Savior (not my real name obviously), I know you weren't a fan of AW but he loves what he's seeing in Buffalo and feels he could contribute there if brought back. If he comes back to the NFL Buffalo would be one of the few teams he would sign with.

Just now, FearLess Price said:

Health isnt worth it. 

I'm hearing he's 100% healthy and his #1 choice is to sign with the Jags and St. Doug. But he would come back to Buffalo and play for McD and Frazier.

But if I were AW I would stay retired and out of football, it's simply not worth it and some guys bodies simply aren't made for this league including AW.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

I'm hearing he's 100% healthy and his #1 choice is to sign with the Jags and St. Doug. But he would come back to Buffalo and play for McD and Frazier.

But if I were AW I would stay retired and out of football, it's simply not worth it and some guys bodies simply aren't made for this league including AW.

After his serious injuries I doubt he'll ever be 100% healthy

3 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Aaron was a great player for us when healthy and surely that's why he wants to continue his career. However, nothing is worth the risk he would be taking if he stepped on an NFL field. Stay retired, stay healthy and find a new passion. He will always be great in our memories.

Well said....we're not talking concussions or cte. One more spinal neck blow could put you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. We all love Aaron but it's way too big a risk. I elected to have an eye surgery that came with a 4% risk of double vision. And guess what happened....

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well said....we're not talking concussions or cte. One more spinal neck blow could put you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. We all love Aaron but it's way too big a risk. I elected to have an eye surgery that came with a 4% risk of double vision. And guess what happened....

My guess is your Not a fan of foreigner 

23 hours ago, hemma said:

I think he'd like to be signed to a contract, but not so sure he actually wants to play football.

This guy nails it. 

And if after all he went through he truly does want to play, then one hit too many to the head already