Aaron Williams still looking to come back

rafter

16 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

we should sign him.   Lets see how he looks with this time away.  If he is medically cleared and wants to play (I think bad decision personally), but I'm not going to protect him from himself.  

While i understand your point and part of me agrees with you; he's an adult and he is making the conscience decision to play. From a business perspective though, most NFL teams will steer clear of signing him just because of the potential of bad press if he were to be seriously injured again or God forbid killed on the field. They only way I think a team would be willing to risk it is if they can get the doctors to sign of that his risk of a repeat injury are 100% guaranteed to be no more than any other player that has never had his injury before and I don't think any doctor would be willing to go on record saying that. 

43 minutes ago, hemma said:

I think he'd like to be signed to a contract, but not so sure he actually wants to play football.

He is on the radio where I live (Austin), from time to time, as a guest on the Ricky Williams show...I think his desire to play is very real.

1 hour ago, rafter said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/30408/aaron-williams-drive-to-play-again-not-shaken-by-devastating-hit

I feel he can still play, but I think teams are scared to have a player with a major injury risk go down in the current environment.

Please Aaron stay away for your health

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

He is on the radio where I live (Austin), from time to time, as a guest on the Ricky Williams show...I think his desire to play is very real.

Well, maybe, but my recall is that he was cleared to play by our docs for several games but just didn't want to get out there.

It was a little muddy as to what was going on, but it seemed like he was just not ready emotionally.

Aaron was a great player for us when healthy and surely that's why he wants to continue his career. However, nothing is worth the risk he would be taking if he stepped on an NFL field. Stay retired, stay healthy and find a new passion. He will always be great in our memories.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Aaron Williams is tanned, rested and ready.

Would have loved to have him back especially this week against the Fins so he could extract revenge.

I'd be extremely reluctant to take out either Hyde or Poyer for Williams