2018 Trade partners moving up the board

Tatonka68

This is why it is much more important to the Bills to have Peterman play out the season and see what you have. He still has not played a game yet where you can make a true evaluation on him. The Odds for us to get into the playoffs is getting rediculous and this team is not making to a SB even if we do somehow sneak in. 

If Peterman is healthy he should be playing this week and if Taylor is struggling he needs to be on a short leash.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

16 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

This is the year for the Bills to get a franchise QB. We have the picks and the players are their for the taking. The Bills have a prospect QB already Nate Petermen, have signed free agents before (Tyrod, Fitzpatrick, Bledsoe) and it has not and will not work. You must take a gamble for greatness instead of hoping for the best.

There's only two players I would trade up for: Josh Rosen or Josh Allen. Rosen is light-years ahead of every QB in this year's class. Josh Allen has really big potential, he could be a playmaker for a long time. Lamar Jackson I would draft if we stayed put, I would not trade up for him because his a boom or bust prospect. He is the fastest man on the field and has immense physical talent, solid arm but he sees ghosts and often only goes through one read. He is a faster version of Michael Vick.

*Sam Darnold needs to stay in school. He is just not ready yet, he makes a lot of throws that would be picked off in the NFL and if he goes to a team with an unstable OL, keep in mind he is very slow and not very mobile. Shows flashes of being an elite QB, I just don't think he's ready.

*Baker Mayfield I would not take, period. Too small, not very fast, shotgun only passer and not a pocket passer. His arm is ok though.

17 hours ago, CviewBills said:

My opinion is go after Case Keenum because he'd be much cheaper than Cousins and probably produce about the same.  Then draft one of the remaining QBs with a second round pick.

My thoughts exactly except I'm taking QB with our 1st , hopefully Baker Mayfield.

Also hope to get OG Quenton Nelson with my other first.

16 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

So if you don't want Mayfield, then who would you take?

I like Mayfield.

But I want to see what he can do against the likes of a Georgia Defense and possibly see what he can do against a Clemson or Alabama defense. To see what he does there may sway opinions.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

*Baker Mayfield I would not take, period. Too small, not very fast, shotgun only passer and not a pocket passer. His arm is ok though.

Not sure how many Oklahoma games you watched but Mayfield throws most of his passes from the pocket as this video of the Big 12 Championship demonstrates. He also has nice wheels as he made plenty of nice runs for first downs and a nice long run in the third that shows he is plenty fast.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not sure how many Oklahoma games you watched but Mayfield throws most of his passes from the pocket as this video of the Big 12 Championship demonstrates. He also has nice wheels as he made plenty of nice runs for first downs and a nice long run in the third that shows he is plenty fast.

I didn't see too many 3 step drops or even 5 step drops, from what I've seen, most of his big plays come from the shotgun or from scrambling outside the pocket. I'm not a pro scout, just a casual fan, I would not touch him in the 1st, I don't think he is an NFL QB period. Too small, average athlete but his arm is solid.

17 hours ago, Bakin said:

I strongly believe we should sit where we are and let the draft fall to us. 

We need a lot of quality players and with 4 top 60 picks we should take them all. It's a good year for this. 

BPA BPA BPA

Posts like this are astonishing 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Posts like this are astonishing 

Its the wait until next year crowd.

This is the year.

There are so many armchair scouts,and GMs on this board, critiquing each QB as if they actually know what a good QB looks like.

Im also amazed at the guys who say you only trade up for a can’t miss player,as though they happen every year. You know, the Andrew Luck,Peyton Manning’s of college football.

Geesh.

Edited by dlonce

2 minutes ago, dlonce said:

This is the year.

There are so many armchair scouts,and GMs on this board, critiquing each QB as if they actually know what a good QB looks like.

please do tell who are the good qbs in the draft this year?

11 minutes ago, dlonce said:

This is the year.

Im also amazed at the guys who say you only trade up for a can’t miss player,as though they happen every year. You know, the Andrew Luck,Peyton Manning’s of college football.

Geesh.

Isn't that the point though? What's wrong with armchair scouts and GMs? Is it wrong to form your own opinion or would you rather us gobble up what Chris Brown and the Bills establishment feed us like mindless buffoons? Try thinking for yourself sometime big guy.

6 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Isn't that the point though? What's wrong with armchair scouts and GMs? Is it wrong to form your own opinion or would you rather us gobble up what Chris Brown and the Bills establishment feed us like mindless buffoons? Try thinking for yourself sometime big guy.

Exactly.  I'd rather not just blindly take a QB because "this is the year" to take one.  People need to think for themselves and stop being sheep.  If we have the opportunity to take a QB that fits and we actually think he will be great, then let's take him.  But don't just take one just to take one.  That's how we end up with a guy like EJ Manuel.  

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

not if the end result is incredibly stupid.

On 12/13/2017 at 12:30 PM, 1billsfan said:

I'm not sure why the Bills would want to spend 25 million a year on Cousins considering they have Peterman, who I get the impression McDermott and Beane feel pretty good about and who's style is very similar to Cousins.

I think the Bills will trade both 1st round picks if the right QB fell and there were a willing trade partner, but I don't think they will go crazy and give up a ton of picks for the 3rd-5th best QB prospect in this draft class. If the ticket price gets to that point then Peterman is the Bills 2018 starter and they will use the picks to build the defense and OL.

They are going to acquire a QB via the draft or Free Agency.  No way Peterman, who's a marginal NFL prospect, is going to alter that plan.

12 hours ago, dlonce said:

This is the year.

Geesh.

What wait till next year?

are you willing to give up 3 x 1s and 2nd this year or next for Darnold or Rosen?

Im not. 

Have to see how the draft plays out. 

I think Baker or Allen or Lamar could all be there at 15 or 18 or wherever we are. 

im not giving up my entire draft and a part of next years to move up. 

We need OL, LB and DT/DE 

But thats just me....you do whatever you want in your fantasy worlds. 

We both have the same say.....

17 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No, the utter stupidity of purposefully avoiding the most vital position on the field. Again.

What purposefully avoiding?

You assume we can get Darnold or Rosen by giving up the farm.

you assume that Cleveland or NYG won’t take them. They will and aren’t trading out. 

So what do you do??

are you going to trade the farm for the 3rd pick and take...... a QB?  

11 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Exactly.  I'd rather not just blindly take a QB because "this is the year" to take one.  People need to think for themselves and stop being sheep.  If we have the opportunity to take a QB that fits and we actually think he will be great, then let's take him.  But don't just take one just to take one.  That's how we end up with a guy like EJ Manuel.  

IMO Your way off on this. Blindly just take one when their is a good 6 to pick from? For one the EJ draft had garbage for QB prospects and for two this draft is loaded with very good ones. Bills fans have been waiting forever for a legit franchise worthy prospect and this is the year they do it.

5 hours ago, Bakin said:

are you willing to give up 3 x 1s and 2nd this year or next for Darnold or Rosen?

Im not. 

I think Baker or Allen or Lamar could all be there at 15 or 18 or wherever we are. 

We need OL, LB and DT/DE 

you assume that Cleveland or NYG won’t take them. They will and aren’t trading out. 

So what do you do??

I think we have a real shot at Josh Allen, I think he could be developed into an elite QB. Lamar Jackson I think you take with the understanding that he will never be a 3,500-4,000 yard passer. He is no different than Tyrod as a passer but definitely an insanely fast QB on Michael Vick like proportions.

On 12/13/2017 at 11:28 AM, The Jokeman said:

Keenum also has a history with Dennison if we keep has OC, as they worked together in Houston. That said I trade up to the top 2 and hope Rosen falls and "settle" for  Darnold.

Yes to trading up for Rosen and Darnold. Don't want anything to do with Dennison coming back, hope that's the case because do you really want an inept play caller with a 1st round QB teaching him how not to succeed? Don't care who Dennison has history with, just hope he's history period.

Edited by buffalo2218

9 hours ago, Bakin said:

Im not. 

We need OL, LB and DT/DE 

So what do you do??

And you’re assuming they’re the only two options. But yes if they can be had you sell the farm for them. Having a great DT doesn’t matter. Having a great QB does.

• Like (+1) 1