2018 Trade partners moving up the board

Tatonka68

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, Tatonka68 said:
  • San Francisco, Indianapolis, Tampa and Houston are moving up the draft boards.
  • Only Cleveland and NY Giants are are 1 and 2 but after that it is wide open.
  • Teams were competing against are Denver, Washington and NY Jets.
  • The Wildcard QB's are Kurt Cousins, Casey Keenum, Sam Bradford. 
  • Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield and  Mason Rudolph are the top prospects

I would trade both 1st round picks and the 5th pick this year from Jacksonville and a pick 3rd round pick in 2018 to get into the 3rd pick. Then draft the best of the four QB's left.

1. Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield or Mason Rudolph.

2. Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma

2a. Vita Vea DT Washington.

3. Isiah Wynn G Georgia

4. Jason Cabinda ILB Penn St

5. Allen Lazard WR Iowa

6. Harrison Phillips DT Stanford 

I hate to say it, but the Bills played themselves out of the running for one of the top prospects. If they select a QB it will likely be a Losman to the team above's Roethlisberger. 

It's an awful feeling. I really thought they were gonna do it this time. 

We're !@#$ed to more mediocrity.

Edited by OJABBA

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

KC will want to trade Alex Smith.  They have hardly any picks for the next 2 years.

I think Cleveland trades one of their 3rds and get's Smith for 1 year 17 mil cap hit.

I doubt it. The Browns are getting very close to having the top 2 picks in the draft. Realistically, they can't do worse than the 1st and 4th overall. They are taking a QB with the #1 overall and probably bringing in more of a McCown type - a guy with no pretenses of being a longer term starter - as a bridge. If you ask me where Alex Smith winds up, my #1 answer would be "Orchard Park."

20 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

I hate to say it, but the Bills played themselves out of the running for one of the top prospects. If they select a QB it will likely be a Losman to the team above's Roethlisberger. 

It's an awful feeling. I really thought they were gonna do it this time. 

We're !@#$ed to more mediocrity.

Do you take the time to bother to look up where some of the all time great QB's were selected in the draft?

For example, there is a heavy debate as to who the best QB of all time is between Montana and Brady. One was a third round pick and the other was a 6th round.

It makes NO DIFFERENCE where you get your QB, but it makes all the difference in the world in who develops these QB's.

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I doubt it. The Browns are getting very close to having the top 2 picks in the draft. Realistically, they can't do worse than the 1st and 4th overall. They are taking a QB with the #1 overall and probably bringing in more of a McCown type - a guy with no pretenses of being a longer term starter - as a bridge. If you ask me where Alex Smith winds up, my #1 answer would be "Orchard Park."

I was just going to reply to OJABBA that I would go for Alex for the 1 year remaining on his contract.

I think that Beane will be looking into that.  He would be great to start and let the rookie get his bearings.

My comment on Cleveland is they need the same kind of 1 year guy. 

IF they wanted Alex for 1 year (minimum) they got a lot more ammo than us to expend.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I was just going to reply to OJABBA that I would go for Alex for the 1 year remaining on his contract.

I think that Beane will be looking into that.  He would be great to start and let the rookie get his bearings.

My comment on Cleveland is they need the same kind of 1 year guy. 

IF they wanted Alex for 1 year (minimum) they got a lot more ammo than us to expend.

That's right. In fact, the Browns just have a ridiculous amount of flexibility. The freedom that comes from being consistently awful for half a decade or more. They've been waiting, waiting, waiting to make their big moves, and it's pretty obvious the time is now. I just don't see them going with an Alex Smith who could mess things up by being a little too competent in that placeholder role. Maybe they'd like a slightly used, highly mobile, short-ish QB currently located just around the bend of Lake Erie?

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's right. In fact, the Browns just have a ridiculous amount of flexibility. The freedom that comes from being consistently awful for half a decade or more. They've been waiting, waiting, waiting to make their big moves, and it's pretty obvious the time is now. I just don't see them going with an Alex Smith who could mess things up by being a little too competent in that placeholder role. Maybe they'd like a slightly used, highly mobile, short-ish QB currently located just around the bend of Lake Erie?

I like it!

We take whatever they give us for "that guy" and we give it to KC for a 1 year rental on Alex.

Someone needs to get Dunkirk Don on this!  From his posts to Beane's ears.

6 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Go ahead and dream. I think we're !@#$ed again. They finally had 2 first round picks to deal with, and it's just unfolding ALL WRONG. 

I expect some half-assed quarterbacking, and more 7-9, 9-7 seasons. 

Hanging hopes on Alex Smith...pfffft. 

Don't worry be Happy! Mason Rudolph in 2018.

9246470_web1_web-rudolph-091517.jpg

A team already with a Qb will like the Idea of 2 first rd picks this year plus whatever else they get from us.  Buffalo has ammunition to move up anywhere in the draft.  I don't expect Cleveland to trade out again.  But you never know if the top guys refuse to play there.  

Edited by Mat68