2018 Trade partners moving up the board

Tatonka68

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Oh i agree - guys will go early.  Locker went 8, gabbert 10 and ponder went 12 in 2011 (basically the only misses in the first 15 picks of that draft- )Tannehill went 8.  I don't think any of them were really graded to go that early either.

Bortles went 3 in a class with manziel, bridgewater, carr, garroppolo.  Can be a bit of a crap shoot.

Jackson's got a pretty solid arm too - I've seen him make some impressive throws.

See i put put Rudolph and Mayfield in the Locker, ponder, Gabbert category.  Tannehill has been servicable to good and earn a big second contract.  imo he has reached his potential and the Dolphins made the right pick.  Allen and Lamar Jackson are much better prospects than those 4 guys.  Their are 4 big time prospects and a few others that will get over drafted by need and the amount of old Qbs in the NFL.  No, Ne, Gb, Pittsburg are all in the find the the next guy market.  

I’ll leave the scouting up to the FO.  I’d be happy to trade up fowith Rosen or Darnold.  The others, not so much.  If the FO thinks another guy is worthy of trading up for, do it.  I REALLY hope we don’t end up trading multiple picks for mason Rudolph.  At this point, I think I’d rather have Lamar Jackson.....and I don’t really want Lamar Jackson.  I think Rudolph is a 2nd-4th rd qb but will get drafted higher.  That being said, if the FO sees something different, go get him.  Qb must be addressed in the 1st/2nd rd imo.  Hopefully the FO hits a HR.  

There are 6 top QB prospects in this draft the Bills could target, this is the year to do it with so much draft stock.

The Bills should find a way to move up and grab one. IMO the one we get will determine on where we are able to move up to and who is left.

I see no reason why the Bills do not have a solid QB after this draft if they move up.

IMO the top 6 QBs this year and as many teams wanting one we will have no choice but to move up, if they fail to move up we will have a prospect of what is left and IMO will once again be late to show in finding the better one.

QB should be top priority for this draft, this team and the fans have waited long enough.

With Darnold,Rosen,Jackson and Allen more then likely going right away and mostly on teams targets if Buffalo can only move to 10/12 or so I would move to grab Rudolph/Mayfield. Some say either is a 2nd rounder but with teams in such need I do not think either will last to the 2nd and IMO either is going to end up a top QBs When all said and done.

I am not a fan of Jackson or Allen and hope they stay away from them. If they can get to the top 3 and a chance at Rosen or Darnold take it but if not wait to move up  to 10-12 for Rudolph/Mayfield either is a little cheaper of a move up but very, very good prospects IMO.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

See i put put Rudolph and Mayfield in the Locker, ponder, Gabbert category.  Tannehill has been servicable to good and earn a big second contract.  imo he has reached his potential and the Dolphins made the right pick.  Allen and Lamar Jackson are much better prospects than those 4 guys.  Their are 4 big time prospects and a few others that will get over drafted by need and the amount of old Qbs in the NFL.  No, Ne, Gb, Pittsburg are all in the find the the next guy market.  

IMO Rudolph is more like Pitts Rothlessburger, big guy and a true pocket passer, Mayfield is a true gamer, a little short but a gamer, do you even watch college ball?

IMO Allen After this year is looking to be not very accurate and needs the most development out of the top 5, Jackson is a WR type QB, more like a Tyrod but better. I do not know about you but I am sick of the running QBs. If they wanted a running QB they should have taken Watson IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx

49 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Dismissing the fact that I disagree with essentially every virtue of your argument and reject the notion entirely of picking the 3rd best of anything after giving up so much Draft capital, Orlando Brown will NOT be available in 2nd round.

As I said I am going by Draftek list. What is your plan for QB? Aren't you sick of the Webb, Petermen, Tyrod, Manuel, Fitzpatrick, Orton and on and on chain of bad QB's. Just want an honest answer cuz I cannot handle another year of this crap.

8 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

As I said I am going by Draftek list. What is your plan for QB? Aren't you sick of the Webb, Petermen, Tyrod, Manuel, Fitzpatrick, Orton and on and on chain of bad QB's. Just want an honest answer cuz I cannot handle another year of this crap.

Cousins. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Allen and Rosen have the best arm talent.  I think Jackson is a sleeper top 10 pick.  Say all you want about accuracy and what not, they said the same things about Cunningham, Vick, Newton, RG3 and Watson.  He is electric and I think he wins rookie of the year in 18.

And how many Super bowl wins between all of those QBs????? The "running QB" may be exciting to watch, he may mask a weak offense ... but a running QB will never have a long career with consistent success.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, yungmack said:

I don't understand the Mayfield love unless it's "I heard of him." He is very short and worse, has Trump-like small hands. There are red flags with his behavior. And he plays in a style that really hasn't prepared him for the NFL. In a rational world, he'd be a late round, take-a-chance pick. His best shot for pro success might be as a running back.

So if you don't want Mayfield, then who would you take?

18 minutes ago, macaroni said:

And how many Super bowl wins between all of those QBs????? The "running QB" may be exciting to watch, he may mask a weak offense ... but a running QB will never have a long career with consistent success.

Right on man, leave the running to the RB. IMO Cam is learning to be more of a thrower then runner now. Watson will also throw a bunch more then running IMO when he returns. QB is way too important to have running past the line to get hit.

Edited by xRUSHx

2 hours ago, CviewBills said:

My opinion is go after Case Keenum because he'd be much cheaper than Cousins and probably produce about the same.  Then draft one of the remaining QBs with a second round pick.

Keenum also has a history with Dennison if we keep has OC, as they worked together in Houston. That said I trade up to the top 2 and hope Rosen falls and "settle" for  Darnold.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Cousins. 

I'm not sure why the Bills would want to spend 25 million a year on Cousins considering they have Peterman, who I get the impression McDermott and Beane feel pretty good about and who's style is very similar to Cousins.

I think the Bills will trade both 1st round picks if the right QB fell and there were a willing trade partner, but I don't think they will go crazy and give up a ton of picks for the 3rd-5th best QB prospect in this draft class. If the ticket price gets to that point then Peterman is the Bills 2018 starter and they will use the picks to build the defense and OL.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Keenum also has a history with Dennison if we keep has OC, as they worked together in Houston. That said I trade up to the top 2 and hope Rosen falls and "settle" for  Darnold.

I hope Dennison and Castillo are gone after this year.  I would love to land either Rosen or Darnold, but I don't see either the Browns or Giants trading out or not taking them.

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

I'm not sure why the Bills would want to spend 25 million a year on Cousins considering they have Peterman, who I get the impression McDermott and Beane feel pretty good about and who's style is very similar to Cousins.

I think the Bills will trade both 1st round picks if the right QB fell and there were a willing trade partner, but I don't think they will go crazy and give up a ton of picks for the 3rd-5th best QB prospect in this draft class. If the ticket price gets to that point then Peterman is the Bills 2018 starter and they will use the picks to build the defense and OL.

In terms of actual QB ability and proven NFL success, though, Peterman and Cousins could not be further apart. They may have stylistic similarities but that is as far as any comparison between the two go. 

4 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

MAJBobby claims to have some access to what folks at OBD are thinking.  If he's correct, we plan on going the FA route to improve DL and OL.

Edited by Dr. Who

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

This is the year for the Bills to get a franchise QB. We have the picks and the players are their for the taking. The Bills have a prospect QB already Nate Petermen, have signed free agents before (Tyrod, Fitzpatrick, Bledsoe) and it has not and will not work. You must take a gamble for greatness instead of hoping for the best.

Explain to me the difference between those two things?  Seems unless you take a QB who is guaranteed to be a franchise leading QB  You draft the #3 or 4th rated QB, say Mayfield, from everything written, you're hoping for the best.  Even taking Darnold, who's a California dude, with a bit of a questionable off field stuff is hoping for the best out of him  IMO

I'd completely agree with you in trading up for the QB if there was pretty much a can't miss guy to take, but they all seem to have questions.  Who ever is being discussed, one report is he's be the next Peyton Manning, the next report, could be maybe another Dalton/Tannerhill kind of guy..  Seems to me this entire best QB class in a long time was spot on until they actually played out the 2017 college season.  Pretty soon the talk of the great 2018 QB class will be starting.

I doubt McBean goes through this draft without taking a qb. 

The amount of talent available and its a position of need.

Who we pick up in FA and what we do with Dennison is gonna tell us everything we need to know about who theyre gonna draft

21 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

If Cousins is "ALL" that why is he available? How many Super bowls has he played in, how about playoff games? 

I dont get the cousins love either. Just cuz a qb throws for 300 yards doesnt mean hes a franchise quality qb. Once he lost his main wr/te core his play has leveled off and he seems to choke in important games.

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

For me, yes I want them to Draft a QB - Cousins is discussed in another thread - but IF they're going to trade all those chips, then don't let it be for the 3rd best QB, UNLESS they have Darnold (insert name here) or someone else rated as their 1st QB, and thereby 1st Overall value....THEN, and ONLY THEN, would I be for giving away as much Draft capital. Otherwise, I'd wait and take the QB when it comes to you, ala Allen or Rudolph or Finley late in the 1st or 2nd round. Just my .02