2018 Trade partners moving up the board

Tatonka68

• San Francisco, Indianapolis, Tampa and Houston are moving up the draft boards.
  • Only Cleveland and NY Giants are are 1 and 2 but after that it is wide open.
  • Teams were competing against are Denver, Washington and NY Jets.
  • The Wildcard QB's are Kurt Cousins, Casey Keenum, Sam Bradford. 
  • Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield and  Mason Rudolph are the top prospects

I would trade both 1st round picks and the 5th pick this year from Jacksonville and a pick 3rd round pick in 2018 to get into the 3rd pick. Then draft the best of the four QB's left.

1. Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield or Mason Rudolph.

2. Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma

2a. Vita Vea DT Washington.

3. Isiah Wynn G Georgia

4. Jason Cabinda ILB Penn St

5. Allen Lazard WR Iowa

6. Harrison Phillips DT Stanford 

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 3

I'd love it if we only had to give up that much but I honestly believe we will have to give up more to get to 3. Who knows at this point though.  Looking at the picks, I like who you've selected but there is no way Harrison Phillips falls that far or Lazard.  I like all of those players except I think we need a speed receiver.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I'd love it if we only had to give up that much but I honestly believe we will have to give up more to get to 3. Who knows at this point though.  Looking at the picks, I like who you've selected but there is no way Harrison Phillips falls that far or Lazard.  I like all of those players except I think we need a speed receiver.

You could be right, going by the Draftek board on ranking players. If we have to give up more so be it. After Joe Webb, Nate Petermen, Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards, JP Losman and worse it;s time to bring a legitimate QB to Buffalo. No more hand me downs from other teams. Donte Thomspon is are speed reciever and under valued.

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CviewBills said:

My opinion is go after Case Keenum because he'd be much cheaper than Cousins and probably produce about the same.  Then draft one of the remaining QBs with a second round pick.

I remember Keenum playing really well against us last year and everyone getting pissed like "Case keenum is shredding us, we are terrible".  He threw a back breaking pick 6 and they lost, but honestly he didn't look bad. 

That's like the only reason I'm not surprised he's been doing so well this year.  He had some good games last year with a terrible o-line and terrible receivers.

We have too many holes, and created even worse holes with all the trades and player actions this year. What good is a gamble on QB if we don't have the players on the field to protect and support a rookie QB. After the top two QB picks, every player is a serious gamble.  I would trade a 1st, a 2nd and a maybe a high round pick,  at most, to get into the bottom of the top 10 if there is a QB still there that our scouts think is worth it. Otherwise, I would use our regular picks to get a QB prospect.  Build a team to protect a QB and help him flourish and grow, don't destroy him before he even has a chance to succeed. Right now on offense we have McCoy and possibly Clay, not much else reliable to build on for the future.

1 minute ago, simpleman said:

We have too many holes, and created even worse holes with all the trades and player actions this year. What good is a gamble on QB if we don't have the players on the field to protect and support a rookie QB. After the top two QB picks, every player is a serious gamble.  I would trade a 1st, a 2nd and a maybe a high round pick,  at most, to get into the bottom of the top 10 if there is a QB still there that our scouts think is worth it. Otherwise, I would use our regular picks to get a QB prospect.  Build a team to protect a QB and help him flourish and grow, don't destroy him before he even has a chance to succeed. Right now on offense we have McCoy and possibly Clay, not much else reliable to build on for the future.

This is the year for the Bills to get a franchise QB. We have the picks and the players are their for the taking. The Bills have a prospect QB already Nate Petermen, have signed free agents before (Tyrod, Fitzpatrick, Bledsoe) and it has not and will not work. You must take a gamble for greatness instead of hoping for the best.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:
  • San Francisco, Indianapolis, Tampa and Houston are moving up the draft boards.
  • Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield and  Mason Rudolph are the top prospects

I would trade both 1st round picks and the 5th pick this year from Jacksonville and a pick 3rd round pick in 2018 to get into the 3rd pick. Then draft the best of the four QB's left.

3. Isiah Wynn G Georgia

5. Allen Lazard WR Iowa

I do not believe you have to move up to 3 for Mayfield or Rudolph.  Imo both will be available in the middle of the first maybe late first.  Outside of Rosen or Darnold the other Qbs you would need to trade up for Allen or Jackson.  Both have and can do things on the football field Mayfield and Rudolph can not.   Their potential and athletic abilities will make them top 10 or even top 5 consideration.  All 4 of the guys after Rosen and Darnold have their warts but Jackson and Allen strengths translate to NFL better and both have top 5 potential to justify the pick.  If Allen or Jackson turn into what you think they can be than you just hit a grandslam.  

9 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I do not believe you have to move up to 3 for Mayfield or Rudolph.  Imo both will be available in the middle of the first maybe late first.  Outside of Rosen or Darnold the other Qbs you would need to trade up for Allen or Jackson.  Both have and can do things on the football field Mayfield and Rudolph can not.   Their potential and athletic abilities will make them top 10 or even top 5 consideration.  All 4 of the guys after Rosen and Darnold have their warts but Jackson and Allen strengths translate to NFL better and both have top 5 potential to justify the pick.  If Allen or Jackson turn into what you think they can be than you just hit a grandslam.  

The value isn't there for them at 3... but a 3rd likely goes in the top 10 with so many teams needing QBs.

No interest in Rudolph, Phillips may go in the 1st (a mock the other day had the Bills taking him in the 1st), Brown and Vea will go in the 1st, Wynn probably doesn’t make it to the 3rd but other than that it seems realistic. :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

This is the year for the Bills to get a franchise QB. We have the picks and the players are their for the taking. The Bills have a prospect QB already Nate Petermen, have signed free agents before (Tyrod, Fitzpatrick, Bledsoe) and it has not and will not work. You must take a gamble for greatness instead of hoping for the best.

They traded a 1st for Bledsoe. 

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

This is a year in which there is pressure on nearly a dozen teams to a get a qb prospect in the fold. You have to add in the mix teams such as Arizona and Pittsburgh that might do what KC did last year in making a deal to get someone in line to take over an established but aging qb. 

The Bills have more draft assets to trade off than most of the teams we will be competing for a qb prospect. This is the year to address the issue. Let's not take the Whaley route of waiting so long that you are outside the building before you recognize what you should have done sooner when sitting in the executive chair.

In this draft I would prefer to have Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. Mayfield might be more attainable with a deal. But if a deal can not be made for any of those prospects then there are still a few more high end prospects that can be in reach with some smart dealing. This issue has been lingering for so long that it has become part of the identity of the franchise i.e. a middling franchise without a franchise qb. This is the year to take the initiative and get it done. Enough is enough.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dneveu said:

The value isn't there for them at 3... but a 3rd likely goes in the top 10 with so many teams needing QBs.

True Value?  Maybe not but Allen will be the most impressive prospect NFL teams have seen in some time when it comes to workouts.  Jackson could be the right handed more dedicated Mike Vick.  To think no one will take a gamble on either of those guys is naive imo.  Rudolfph and Mayfield have the longest road to travel to be a first rd pick imo.  

Just now, JohnC said:

This is a year in which there is pressure on nearly a dozen teams to a get a qb prospect in the fold. You have to add in the mix teams such as Arizona and Pittsburgh that might do what KC did last year in making a deal to get someone in line to take over an established but aging qb. 

The Bills have more draft assets to trade off than most of the teams we will be competing for a qb prospect. This is the year to address the issue. Let's not take the Whaley route of waiting so long that you are outside the building before you recognize what you should have done sooner when sitting in the executive chair.

In this draft I would prefer to have Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. Mayfield might be more attainable with a deal. But if a deal can not be made for any of those prospects then there are still a few more high end prospects that can be in reach with some smart dealing. This issue has been lingering for so long that it has become part of the identity of the franchise i.e. a middling franchise without a franchise qb. This is the year to take the initiative and get it done. Enough is enough.  

Imo with you 100%  There will not be another year in some time with as many first rd talent Qbs that are there this year and Buffalo wont have the same amount of assets to make a move to get one.  I think they could realistically back up the brinks truck to whatever team is considering Rosen and that team may buckle.   NYG maybe go all in on one last run with Eli.   

12 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i'm kind of hoping mayfield does the heisman slide and is there at our first pick.

I don't understand the Mayfield love unless it's "I heard of him." He is very short and worse, has Trump-like small hands. There are red flags with his behavior. And he plays in a style that really hasn't prepared him for the NFL. In a rational world, he'd be a late round, take-a-chance pick. His best shot for pro success might be as a running back.

• Sad 1

Draft pundit McShay has all the QB's going 1,2, 5

McShay's mock draft.  1Browns - Darnold

2 Giants -  Rosen

5 Denver - Josh Allen

19 Chargers - Mayfield ?

Just to stir the pot Garoppolo contract is up but it sounds like the 49ers will tag him if they sign a long term deal.

I don't think the McD's will bet their badges to make a blockbuster move with using the "draft equity" to move up.

I think it was Buddy Nix that said something to the effect picking in the high teens is probably the most difficult spot if you need a quarterback.

Allen and Rosen have the best arm talent.  I think Jackson is a sleeper top 10 pick.  Say all you want about accuracy and what not, they said the same things about Cunningham, Vick, Newton, RG3 and Watson.  He is electric and I think he wins rookie of the year in 18.

13 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

True Value?  Maybe not but Allen will be the most impressive prospect NFL teams have seen in some time when it comes to workouts.  Jackson could be the right handed more dedicated Mike Vick.  To think no one will take a gamble on either of those guys is naive imo.  Rudolfph and Mayfield have the longest road to travel to be a first rd pick imo.  

Imo with you 100%  There will not be another year in some time with as many first rd talent Qbs that are there this year and Buffalo wont have the same amount of assets to make a move to get one.  I think they could realistically back up the brinks truck to whatever team is considering Rosen and that team may buckle.   NYG maybe go all in on one last run with Eli.   

Oh i agree - guys will go early.  Locker went 8, gabbert 10 and ponder went 12 in 2011 (basically the only misses in the first 15 picks of that draft- )Tannehill went 8.  I don't think any of them were really graded to go that early either.

Bortles went 3 in a class with manziel, bridgewater, carr, garroppolo.  Can be a bit of a crap shoot.

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Allen and Rosen have the best arm talent.  I think Jackson is a sleeper top 10 pick.  Say all you want about accuracy and what not, they said the same things about Cunningham, Vick, Newton, RG3 and Watson.  He is electric and I think he wins rookie of the year in 18.

Jackson's got a pretty solid arm too - I've seen him make some impressive throws.

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

3. Isiah Wynn G Georgia

5. Allen Lazard WR Iowa

Dismissing the fact that I disagree with essentially every virtue of your argument and reject the notion entirely of picking the 3rd best of anything after giving up so much Draft capital, Orlando Brown will NOT be available in 2nd round.