JR in Pittsburgh

Have you ever had legit insider info?

Dunkirk Don’s posts made me think about this. Have any of you (other) guys ever had inside info/Inside Bills sources and posted about it? 

I have a buddy who was close friends with Chris Kelsey and so I knew about Kelsay re-signing with the Bills before it broke and posted it on here (I was lambasted for it and then vindicated!). I also was buddies with a close friend of Doug Legursky and posted on here my inside scoop of basically how much the players hated Marrone— not really shocking. Had some good opinion stuff from a few former Bills (Shane conlan) but never bothered posting. 

Anyone else? Reveal your sources!!! 

Nope never have but I imagine people will come across others in the organization who can spill a little info here and there.. its hit or miss, so I always take it with a grain of salt

use to have a buddy who was a scout for the bills and while i never had info before the drafts he would talk to me about stuff after it happened. interesting stuff though. 

I've been watching this team for over fifty years! That's all the inside sourcing I need. (I've been right more often than wrong.)

its like an old Seinfeld episode when George realizes he should do the OPPOSITE of every normal hunch he would generally follow.....that right there is the Buffalo Bills!

• Like 3

Yep. My moonlight gig as a high-end server has afforded me occasional incredible access to privileged conversations between Bills and Sabres brass going back to the Gailey and Ruff eras. I have heard things over the years, but not with the new sheriffs in town. McBeane runs a much more professional outfit.

• Like 1

closest thing I ever got was...... one of my best friends has parents that are very good friends with one of eric woods very good friends.... did I lose you? lol

anyways. we all knew about the ryan hire before it was announced. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

I worked there in the FO early to mid 00's.  Afterwards, I had some friends who were still in the FO until about 4 years ago.  

I never got juicy trade rumors, signing info, who they were targeting in the draft, etc.... but I did have good information on the pulse of the front office under Donahoe (I was there) through the end of the Wilson era.  When discussing/arguing about things though, I thought it was a cheap/lame move to drop my 'credentials'.

Edited by May Day 10

Yes. I have a source on another team’s FO that knows about Bills players situations, issues, why they are being traded etc. If i say “this is real info” that’s what it is but I usually PM it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

use to have a buddy who was a scout for the bills and while i never had info before the drafts he would talk to me about stuff after it happened. interesting stuff though. 

Spill some beans!

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. I have a source on another team’s FO that knows about Bills players situations, issues, why they are being traded etc. If i say “this is real info” that’s what it is but I usually PM it. 

Did your friend have any comments about Darby or Watkins? I was always under the impression those two guys were "me" players as opposed to "team" players (and I don't want to start going in a different direction with JR's thread...my apologies). Just wondering if my perception of them was somewhat accurate?

Yes, I am friends with one of the Bills coaches who is no longer with the Bills but is still coaching in the NFL. He did share some opinions and information with me but to be honest, he never really disclosed any major "breaking news" to me. Although he did once show me the scripted "first 10 plays" just a couple of hours before kickoff when I came to a home game several years ago.

My friend used to sell tickets there for a few years.  Had some stories, but nothing i would consider insider info.

Dick Jauron shook every single persons hand after he got fired.  Thought that was pretty neat.

Chan Gailey played a ton of racquetball.  

Paul Poslozny was the only guy who was always in the gym after hours.

Russ Brandon wears a Marlins world series ring - as if he had anything to do with their victory.  Also big-timed my friend at an event when he tried to politely introduce his wife.

Perry Fewell drank a bunch of Russ Brandon's "special beer" at the same event.  

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yes, I am friends with one of the Bills coaches who is no longer with the Bills but is still coaching in the NFL. He did share some opinions and information with me but to be honest, he never really disclosed any major "breaking news" to me. Although he did once show me the scripted "first 10 plays" just a couple of hours before kickoff when I came to a home game several years ago.

That's pretty cool. You could have won a few bets in your section if you played that one right.

• Like 1

oh here's a good. my friends work in the net crew and also do the locker room cleanout. marrone used to drink twisted tea after the games. I think it was that. some fruity beer and they were like this guy is a loser

• Haha 1

My brother works for the Bills. I would NEVER reveal any little tidbit he has shared with me over the years. Although a majority of his "info" comes true some does not. Also, the info (on the grande scheme of things) really isnt earth shattering.

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Perry Fewell drank a bunch of Russ Brandon's "special beer" at the same event.  

Special beer?

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Did your friend have any comments about Darby or Watkins? I was always under the impression those two guys were "me" players as opposed to "team" players (and I don't want to start going in a different direction with JR's thread...my apologies). Just wondering if my perception of them was somewhat accurate?

nothing about watkins personality just that he had off the chart athleticism.  his area of scouting was fl and georgia and alabama so he was real proud of glenn, darby. he was real pissed cause he was psyched about mark barron which was his guy and he went just ahead of us.  he works for the titans now.  really good guy and always carried bills gear cause he lived here in charlotte and i can't tell you how many times i heard him see a bills fan and give them a shirt or some swag. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Watkins. Multiple issues - didn’t want want to fall in line with team approach to “playoff caliber” work levels , Rex let him do whatever he wanted. Poor attitude about the team. Some of which he admitted after he was shipped off. Some other stuff that he may or may not overcome - foot injury and a couple warnings in the old “program” ... was not a highly sought after player on the trade block

• Like 5

Yes but never out of the Bills.  I had an "in" to Hue Jackson's camp in the 2015 and 2016 hiring process through a lawyer friend who was involved in advising him on contracts etc.  I said on here before it was backed up publicly that he was Doug Whaley's first choice in the first round of interviews and that he had told the Bills interviewing committee he wanted Jim Schwartz to stay and even had an initial exploratory conversation with him.  I also know that when he was in line to interview with the Giants before taking the Cleveland job he skipped it because they wanted to keep Spagnuolo in situ.  

only once.  it was when vick was coming back to the league, and there were rumblings that he may land in buffalo.  tony dungy who was his mentor at the time, was in rochester the same time training camp was going on.  rumors were flying.  he was ultimately here for a book signing.  the guy who makes his suits has his store here, so tony was invited in for a signing at the store.  i've had the same guy make a few things for me, so i was invited to the signing.  i was able to meet dungy, who was incredibly nice to me.  

tony didn't tell me anything, but the owner of the store told me that dungy said vick wouldn't be signing with the bills.  he wouldn't say what team he was going to, but just that it wasn't the bills.  hardcore **** right here.

• Like 1