Moody Blues Are Finally in the R&R HOF

Billsfansinceday1

It's restricted just to the core 7 albums, right?

They made them wait all these years as punishment for nearly everything after Seventh Sojourn...

edit:  oops, maybe I'm not totally in line with fans of the MBs.  Are there people out there who consider their work to be top quality that came after the DoFP to 7th Sojourn releases?

A few years ago someone very very very angrily defended his assertion that Jethro Tull's top 10 albums and work all came from the 1980s going forward, and that Aqualung and A Passion Play and that era was trash.

so as time goes on fan interest can change a bit...

Edited by row_33

7 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Will Todd Rundgren ever make it in?  

That seems unlikely, at least to me.  Maybe much later on , as the depth of musical talent in recent years seems to be thinning

2 hours ago, bbb said:

Love the Moody Blues and hate Bon Jovi, especially after his Bills gambit.  I love the way Jeff Miers always blasts him, and everybody agrees with him in the comments:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/13/rock-hall-induction-list-tastes-a-bit-like-bad-medicine/

This is a pretty incongruent article.  The title pans the inductees but then goes on to give high marks to all the acts except Bon Jovi, which seems accurate to me.  BJ seems to fit in the mold of recent inductees like KISS and Cheap Trick...sizzle but no steak.

12 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Will Todd Rundgren ever make it in?  

Nah, he's led an interesting life and done what he wanted to (I hope he did at least)

we will always have the ahead of its time A Wizard, A True Star

so besides Long Distance Voyager, what since Seventh Sojourn can a younger fan recommend that they released?

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Nah, he's led an interesting life and done what he wanted to (I hope he did at least)

we will always have the ahead of its time A Wizard, A True Star

so besides Long Distance Voyager, what since Seventh Sojourn can a younger fan recommend that they released?

Honestly know him more from his older stuff.  Personal fave off the before mentioned A Wizard A True Star

Todd had a chance at top40 stardom but released that masterpiece AWATS to alienate by the millions.

the blues/soul medley is a top 100 cut for me.... the sole comment says it all

-----------------------

Moody Blues album rankings, provide yours please to honour this great band...

1 ToCCC

2 ISofLC, that album cover was always there to look at during my formative years (another piece of the puzzle i guess)

3 AQOB

4 DoFP

5 SS, (the second side is their best side for me)

6 OtToaD

7 EGBDF

8 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

This is a pretty incongruent article.  The title pans the inductees but then goes on to give high marks to all the acts except Bon Jovi, which seems accurate to me.  BJ seems to fit in the mold of recent inductees like KISS and Cheap Trick...sizzle but no steak.

You're right, but I think it was slanted towards his hatred of Bon Jovi, and his recent articles about it and then the backlash from Jovi fans:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/06/losing-faith-in-humanity-bon-jovi-crushes-competition-in-rock-hall-fan-vote/

http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/07/hell-hath-no-fury-top-5-reactions-to-my-bon-jovi-criticism/