Robert Griffin III - should Bills consider him for backup QB?

PIZ

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Are you serious?  Dumping Hotrod to go with Robert Griffin?  Even the Bills aren't dumb enough to do that.

Cmon man, you know that a guy not on the Bills roster is better than what we have.  Like I always tell my neighbor, the best QB in town is the one on the bench or not even on the roster until you have to play said QB and he craps the bed.

5 minutes ago, CviewBills said:

Cmon man, you know that a guy not on the Bills roster is better than what we have.  Like I always tell my neighbor, the best QB in town is the one on the bench or not even on the roster until you have to play said QB and he craps the bed.

The most popular guy on the team is the backup QB that has never played (or not very much).

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Pass on RGIII.  I'd rather keep Tyrod, in that case.  RGIII had character issues in Washington, such as going behind the coache's back and taking his case to Danny directly.

The problem with keeping Tyrod is that it would cost the Bills around $16 million in cash and nearly $10 mill in cap space. 

At this point, RGIII would be likely to be very cheap indeed. That matters.

But I don't see him fitting the offense any better than Tyrod has.

He wouldn't fit in with McDermott's outlook on 'team'.

I don't know what happened to RGIII early on at Washington, but there seemed to be a lot of 'me, me, me.'

I remember he had a ridiculous Redskins pull up contest breathlessly aired on ESPN.  He did a lot of 3 inch 'chin-ups' and declared his contrived win as proof of his leadership.

I'm not sure what was more nauseating, ESPN girlish reporting or Griffin.  Now, one is unemployed and the other is contributing to unemployment.

Nope, no wants him.  No.

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

With our QB situation, could adding RG3 do any harm?  Seems he is a Bills fan.

Kinda cool that he noticed, but on the other hand, I don't think our scouts are primarily focused on a players' Twitter game.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The problem with keeping Tyrod is that it would cost the Bills around $16 million in cash and nearly $10 mill in cap space. 

At this point, RGIII would be likely to be very cheap indeed. That matters.

But I don't see him fitting the offense any better than Tyrod has.

The QB position is the most important position on the team.  And we want to Cheap Charlie on it for an inferior injury riddled product?

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The QB position is the most important position on the team.  And we want to Cheap Charlie on it for an inferior injury riddled product?

When the choice is between two products, neither of which will get you even close to being competitive for a Super Bowl, sure, take the cheaper one.

This team isn't developing around Tyrod or whoever replaces him as vet backup/QB mentor. They're developing around whoever they bring in as FA with a real possibility of being a franchise guy or high draft pick.

But as I say, I don't think RGIII fits the system any better than Tyrod.

Edited by Thurman#1