Armchair OC question....

37 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Taylor keeps the team a float.  Last offseason I said the same thing.  He is an above replace Qb.  Not the next level of premier starter or Franchise qb.  However, he is not a fringe starter or backup quality.  He is solidly average.  Buffalo over the past 17 years have had much worst Qb play.  His contract is not terrible.  They wont be able to find similar production for similar money on the open market.  if they Get Cousin i think they can trade Taylor for a Defensive player or mid rd pick.  If they miss out on Darnold or Rosen they have a vetran that can lead the team until Allen, Jackson or whatever Qb they pick is ready to go.  If the rookie starts pushing him in camp they could pull the eagles and ship off Taylor mid camp to a team that lost there Qb or whos Qb wont be ready week 1.  IE Houston or Philly.  

I think all of that could be true.  Problem is in this offense, that floatation device is inadequate to score points.  Worst PPG in 7 years. Off like 5 ppg from last season 

On 2017-12-12 at 11:27 PM, Fadingpain said:

Not finding ways to utilize Tyrod's talent and legs and make defenses have to cheat against the threat of that has been a constant criticism of Rick Dennison all year long.

Get Spiller into space 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/12/2017 at 11:48 PM, Boatdrinks said:

They may have blitzed, but they made a concerted effort to keep their ends wide and at home. Peyton talked bout it after the game as well. They saw the damage Tyrod did to the Raiders when they flushed him out of the pocket. It doesn't mean you don't rush or even blitz at times. It's more about keeping the DEs disciplined at the edges of the pocket. If they commit inside and Taylor makes them miss, then he rolls out and can reset his feet or run. Most pressure from NO and the Jets was middle pressure. 

It's also exactly what the Jets did when we flopped against them. Tony Romo pointed it out several times. They made sure the ends kept him in, brought the pressure up the middle, and always had him accounted for whenever he tried play action and rolling out of the pocket.