Clearing the Field

Griff28

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

They need to figure something out. there must be a way to clear the field without messing up the pellets. Also, figure out how to clear the seats without advertising for fans to come out, or pay more than $11- this is a team worth over a billion dollars- shoveling the stadium is hard work.

The $11 thing isn't actually the Bills - that is from the outfit that is contracted to remove the snow.  
The face value of the ticket is usually more valuable than the pay, but since the Bills stink this year...

I'm pretty sure this is how they deal with this kind of problem in other cities too.

As for the field, we have one of the cheaper surfaces in the league.  I'm hoping the Pegulas will shell out the money for one of those heated, grass fields eventually.

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

It's concrete underneath the turf. How about a big drainage system and heat the concrete/turf? I know they do heated sidewalks and concrete driveways. Snow would melt as it lands and drain out underneath. 

There has to be a reason you can't do that, or I think it would have been done already.

We are still playing in Ralph Wilson's stadium.  The system is VERY antiquated.  That isn't a terrible thing.  When you look at stadium designs, you are basically looking at a 2000 year old design concept.  They adapt, adjust and innovate, but you are always working with the original concept.  We just haven't done a lot of innovating on the field surface.  As I mentioned earlier, I think the Pegulas will do something about it, either here or definitely with a new stadium.

3 hours ago, Griff28 said:

Happy with the results of the game obviously but...I realize the tractors and brushes last year at halftime of the Steelers game kicked up a ton of rubber pellets and caused a delay but the Bills attributed that to a brush that was too firm.  Why did they not use the tractors and brushes that weren't so firm to get rid of 6+ inches of snow for the Indy game???

I was at that Steelers game. It was ugly. The field was ugly too after they ran that tractor around.

I thought it was awesome the way it was. That's the way football is supposed to be. In the elements.

I hope the game's like that Sunday with the same result.

Then we go to NE and they get huge snow and we win that too.

Then on New Year's Eve  Florida gets a freak snow storm. It can happen.  We win that of course and win the division.

First home playoff game ...

What a Buffalo way to end the drought. :)

Edited by reddogblitz