More from obd

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Maybe not, but I can tell you I'd prefer that over downtown Buffalo 

100% wrong. I would never ever spend a weekend in Buffalo. Building a stadium downtown might be great for people aged 18-25, but anyone over 30 who lives outside buffalo would. Much rather avoid a down town stadium. I'm speaking of people from Rochester, Erie and Toronto. Not people who live out of state. 

Rochester,  Erie, and Toronto are the people that are targeted for that kind of weekend economy. And it’s a real thing. 

5 minutes ago, runner68 said:

“I’m a fan of the Buffalo Bills, but I hate the City of Buffalo because I’m from Rochester and want to spend as little time there as possible.”  

Makes sense. 

You're missing the point. People who go to bills games that live in rochester arnt going to see the city, they're going to support their favorite team. If you've ever had to drive home after a bills game and you live outside Buffalo, you know how much it sucks. A stadium outside downtown makes more sense and I'd love it

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You're missing the point. People who go to bills games that live in rochester arnt going to see the city, they're going to support their favorite team. If you've ever had to drive home after a bills game and you love outside Buffalo, you know how much it sucks. A stadium outside downtown makes more sense and I'd love it

It may make more sense for certain fans who live in Rochester. But it makes no sense for the fans from Buffalo, Toronto, or Erie. It also makes no sense for Buffalo’s economy which is why it shouldn’t be located there. And because it makes no sense for anything pertaining to Buffalo, it probably won’t happen. 

6 minutes ago, runner68 said:

It may make more sense for certain fans who live in Rochester. But it makes no sense for the fans from Buffalo, Toronto, or Erie. It also makes no sense for Buffalo’s economy which is why it shouldn’t be located there. And because it makes no sense for anything pertaining to Buffalo, it probably won’t happen. 

I would just say be careful what you wish for. Downtown stadiums do not have near the tailgating experience that a stadium like New era has, and let's be honest, half the fun of going to a bills game is the tail gating. 

1 minute ago, runner68 said:

That’s not half the fun unless your underage and love throwing yourself into flaming tables. That’s the stuff Pegula and the NFL want to get rid of. Will that stop downtown? Most likely. That’s doesn’t means tailgating stops. That’s a myth that needs to stop being purpetuated by anti-downtown stadium people. Tailgating still exists in a Chicago, Cleveland, Pitt, and yes, Detroit. They just don’t do stupid crap that Bills fans do..what you think of as tailgating is not tailgating.. it’s drunken stupidity. Tailgating exists in all these places, in parking lots and closed city streets. Don’t act like it just magically disappears. 

You don't have to act like a drunken fool to enjoy tailgating. I was making the point that it's part of the fun/experience. 

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I would just say be careful what you wish for. Downtown stadiums do not have near the tailgating experience that a stadium like New era has, and let's be honest, half the fun of going to a bills game is the tail gating. 

That’s not half the fun unless you’re underage and love throwing yourself into flaming tables. That’s the stuff Pegula and the NFL want to get rid of. Will that stop downtown? Most likely. That’s doesn’t means tailgating stops. That’s a myth that needs to stop being purpetuated by anti-downtown stadium people. Tailgating still exists in a Chicago, Cleveland, Pitt, and yes, Detroit. They just don’t do stupid crap that Bills fans do..what you think of as tailgating is not tailgating.. it’s drunken stupidity. Tailgating exists in all these places, in parking lots and closed city streets. Don’t act like it just magically disappears. There’s no reason to be careful. I wish immensely for a downtown stadium so the idiocy stupidity before the games can come to an end. The rest of the NFL looks at us like we’re Neanderthals. 

Just now, Steptide said:

You don't have to act like a drunken fool to enjoy tailgating. I was making the point that it's part of the fun/experience. 

And it can still exist (and most likely will) and has been proven to exist in their cities with urban stadiums. 

• Like (+1) 1

We can all ramble on about stadium talk forever.

The only immediately obvious thing, at least to me, is that it MUST be built in downtown Buffalo.

The current location out in OP is total BS.  If they aren't going to fix that mistake and put it downtown, don't bother building one.

2 hours ago, runner68 said:

“I’m a fan of the Buffalo Bills, but I hate the City of Buffalo because I’m from Rochester and want to spend as little time there as possible.”  

Makes sense. 

Plus the city is mostly a craphole ghetto with people who don't care about their own neighborhoods at all.   Obviously some exceptions.   The city sucks and the people who run it suck.

19 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

South Newstead area

Lots of recent sales of open land and right down the 90 and 33 from the airport

Lots of land available in Lancaster/Alden area also.

Did the county repurpose the Erie County Home on Walden yet?   That is a big space with lots of room.   Right across from Erire County correctional facility.

Plus then they could take the inmates (a.k.a. players) from the game right back into their cells.   :o

Edited by PolishDave

29 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

We can all ramble on about stadium talk forever.

The only immediately obvious thing, at least to me, is that it MUST be built in downtown Buffalo.

The current location out in OP is total BS.  If they aren't going to fix that mistake and put it downtown, don't bother building one.

Don't know if you guys have seen this software site to place the new stadium.

It's pretty fun to play with.

It's a few years old but it looks like to Google Map is updated.

I can't get the site to save my spot, but it's close to the one that you open up to.

I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread with it.

https://19ideas.com/stadium/?id=1534

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

South Newstead area

Lots of recent sales of open land and right down the 90 and 33 from the airport

I made a point earlier abour seatching property sales and access to data. But I forgot a point. 

If this was in the works, a better and more efficient search is planning board meetings for the region. No way that “non-lazy millionaires” are purchasing 7 figures + worth of land without DEC recommendations and changing of zoning laws.

Your post for some reason actually lead to me thinking of the restaurant and business “purchases” mentioned. If this is happening on a large scale, areas would have to be rezoned. With the amount of traffic, businesses, density, and sheer size of this, there is no way that it is not mentioned at a town council meeting or planning board meeting. Any environmental testing, which would be necessary, would be made public as well. It’s just how things work.

Dopey Don mentioned the testing in his OP. The city is the only rumor with legs, because it’s the only location following standard practice across the nation. The township/county/state could declare eminent domain, but that is always dicey, and has a process of its own, would have started rolling,  and would have been picked up already. 

I don’t care how much money you have. You can’t just buy 1000 acres and say, “my land, I’m building a stadium.” And nobody trying to get major tax breaks/profit would do so haphazardly. 

Everything about this is total poop. 

You are poop Dumbkirk Dan

Sincerely,

somebody who knows what they are taking about 

EDIT: grammar-still might be a mess. Sent from phone 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

How about North Tonawanda,  in that wooded spot west of the Deerwood golf course? 

Sadly the field behind Lancaster High School where The Dome was going to be built so many years ago is now developed.  Will cost Pegs extra cash to relocate those people to East Aurora

9 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Sadly the field behind Lancaster High School where The Dome was going to be built so many years ago is now developed.  Will cost Pegs extra cash to relocate those people to East Aurora

Or he can just start fracking and they'll leave in droves.