More from obd

I have it from a deep reliable source that the Bills are considering dusting off the plans for the Lancaster dome.  A few hundred homes that have been built on the site previously owned by the late Ed Cottrell, will have to be bought from the current owners and then bulldozed, but that is a blip on the radar.  Expect an announcement in the coming months. 

In related news, a good friend of mine who is a big shot with the NYS DOT says that a spur will be built from the 90 right into the new stadium parking lot.  There are a few right of way issues that need to be addressed, but when all is said and done, look out for a development that will rival Patriot Place.

Of course things can always change and they could build a dome down in Pegulaville where Carl Paladino and friends are sitting on all kind of parcels waiting to cash in.   I've been following the money, and this is what I see.

Edited by Lancaster Lenny
  • Like (+1) 2

On 12/12/2017 at 7:46 PM, essential said:

It boggles the mind that in 2017 an open air stadium would even be considered in our climate.  Sure a roof dome costs more but it's not double the cost.  It should be a retractable roof stadium or a dome.  It needs to have year round functionality.  Also, this team isn't built for the snow.  That game against the Colts wasn't a 30-7 win for us, we were just as impacted by the weather as them.  80% of the players come from the South today ... I'd hate to have a win and you're in game at home in December and have it be conditions where it's not really skill vs skill, but rather which player doesn't slip in the snow.

Unlike baseball, football is made to be played in the elements and part of the sports history in general. If public money is not to be used they can make it how they see fit. If Public money is used then a discussion is needed so the public does have input regardless my opinion.

11 hours ago, runner68 said:

Thanks for being the voice of reason. I believe your sources. The Bills playing out in Batavia really scared me for a while. Hopefully your sources are correct and his are incorrect haha. Does Terry really have a bias against downtown like Dunkirk Don said?  Or is that hearsay? 

I don’t believe he’s biased,just my opinion based on the fact he’s pumped a lot of money into the downtown area.

Downtown Buffalo is going to be difficult property wise. They would have to apply eminent domain to get the needed property to house a new stadium.

These are facts:

There are properties with ample area in Lancaster and north of Buffalo to make this work. These properties have been made public previously. The property in Niagara Falls was purchased immediately after Pegula bought the team. The property is useless as it stands but a major investment was made because the developer who purchased has an inside track to State politicians.I believe it’s Howard Millstein.

Pegula owns the team but he had a lot of help with securing his bid,through NY politicians. The state wants the stadium near Buffalo,that’s why they helped. It’s never,ever going to Batavia or that Far East of Buffalo.

28 minutes ago, McBean said:

If True, bs on McDermott.

Beane needs to be allowed to do job.

A poster said it earlier, but this is why you hire the GM FIRST then coach...not visa versa.

John Schneider and Pete Carroll work well together in Seattle. Carroll (who hired Schneider) tells the GM what kind of player he's looking for and Schneider is responsible for taking that guidance and finding options for the HC. Schneider is basically working for Carroll.

Here, it's GM and HC working together without either reporting to the other. I don't think there's anything wrong with that arrangement provided both of them understand which schemes are being run and the types of players to fit them. That, and both have prioritized finding a better QB.  The old way of a GM hiring the HC and telling him what players he'll have  doesn't always work. The thing to keep in mind is typically HC's are fired before GM's.

As far as DD is concerned, he could be here to provide subterfuge to the fan base but who knows at this point. We're going to learn plenty about what this team thinks based on their decisions this off-season.

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

On last update on Lamar Jackson. 

The Scouting Department doesnt really know where to put him yet (the guys that have watched him). They said he has greatly improved his passing ability however they think he still has a long way to go and should stay in school. 

Depends who comes out this year for him i think - he could elevate to a #1 overall type of dude for 2019.  Obviously there's the fear of injury though.  

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Dunkirk Don vs Lancaster Lenny - get them in the Octagon?

as a throw back Thursday does anyone remember Sal from Salamanca who used to call in daily to the Art Wander show? 

The winner of this fight will take on the winner of the Batavia Benny vs Cheektowaga Charlie....for the WNY Belt!!

3 hours ago, nucci said:

So who is the GM....Beane or McDermott? This is why you hire a GM first and let the GM pick the coach...If McDermott is overruling Beane this team is in trouble.

As McDermott was hired first, isn't likely he had huge input on the GM hire? Also, at the time of McD's hire, the Pegs made it clear he would be the sole "voice" for the Bills. So, yeah, McD would appear to be the real power, after ownership.

This isn't unusual. Who holds the reins in NE? No way the GM there isn't below Belichick. But what's odd in Buffalo, aside from hiring the new HC before the new GM, is granting that much power and authority to an unproven first time HC.

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Posters replying like this guy is legit. Yikes.

All Donnie Darko does is recite popular names on the trade block and pending free agents and then put his own personal spin on it.

Seems DD really twists your jockeys. Why don't you take a hike? You will be happier and the rest of us can enjoy his posts. Win win.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Breaking News

"When healthy, Tyrod will be our starter," coach Sean McDermott told reporters Wednesday. "He’s made some progress. He’ll get most of the work today in practice, not quite all the work, though."

I bet Beane is pissed off 

More breaking news: McDermott chose to have chicken salad for lunch yesterday even though Beane sent an inner office memo pitching the tuna as it is close to expiring.

Beane is reportedly FURIOUS and is considering resigning his position. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, yungmack said:

As McDermott was hired first, isn't likely he had huge input on the GM hire? Also, at the time of McD's hire, the Pegs made it clear he would be the sole "voice" for the Bills. So, yeah, McD would appear to be the real power, after ownership.

This isn't unusual. Who holds the reins in NE? No way the GM there isn't below Belichick. But what's odd in Buffalo, aside from hiring the new HC before the new GM, is granting that much power and authority to an unproven first time HC.

I agree. Andy Reid is another but you make a great point that McDermott has no track record of running a team...Beans has FO experience and is respected around the league

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

this is friggen hilarious. Some people will believe anything.  

Stadium location is not Batavia 

See what a little trolling does?   I posted this trash yesterday and see how far its gone!!!!!  It has been used in 3 threads in the last 12 hours.  

Oh BTW the Washington Redskins are changing their name to the RedHawks 

funny stuff 

I'll have to think up another good one people might buy into 

There have been threads discussing stadiums in Batavia for years.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dunkirk Don vs Lancaster Lenny - get them in the Octagon!

as a throw back Thursday does anyone remember Sal from Salamanca who used to call in daily to the Art Wander show? 

I think the Dunkirk Dimwit has been in a few too many of my devastating sleeper holds.  The lack of oxygen to the brain during my trademark closing move, has been know to cause incoherent rambling about anything and everything. 

Whatcha' gonna do when Lancaster Lenny gets you in the super seismic stifling sleeper!

18 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Seems DD really twists your jockeys. Why don't you take a hike? You will be happier and the rest of us can enjoy his posts. Win win.

Don't get hostile. No one is going to take away your dungeons and dragons board. You and Dunkirk are free to play in fantasy land.

Don't say I didn't warn yah, he is a fraud and when you end up down a dark hallway with nothing but dema dogs that's on you not me.