More from obd

1 minute ago, essential said:

I don't think Taylor and him are going to make the same money, but it's what I think Cousins is worth, he's a second tier QB in my opinion and shouldn't be paid like a top 5 guy.  Part of his value is messed up because since he was tagged twice in a row it's raised his price tag to an unreasonable range based on that alone.  Again, i'll say, I'd take Cousins for the right price, but I absolutely don't want him for a 5 year deal paying him 25-30m per year, I def don't think he's worth that.

Do you think Stafford is worth that?

4 minutes ago, PIZ said:

........have any room for 1 more friend?  Just kidding.

I saw on a post that you mentioned the Bills were going to look at FA to help on OL and DL.  I couldn't find the post.  Are they looking at Carolina's free agents?

Yeah according to him Star L is their primary UFA TGT and the reason Dareus contract was unloaded during this season and not after season 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Saying someone is providing "hot garbage" or is the equivalent of a drunk on Elmwood is by definition insulting them. 

It's not hard to be polite. Also, why the impulse to tweak me -- "Do you know what an attack is?"; "Sounds like you're a sensitive one as well." What's the point of that?

The board is a better place when vigorous and sometimes hot debate is done with at least a modicum of politeness. My general view is that snark is a weapon of the weak and best avoided. It doesn't reflect well on people who rely on it when crafting an argument. It's typically not funny either. 

No it’s not man. It’s called an opinion.  Not one of them “attacked” this guy. 

If you think that every opinion has to be surrounded by fluffy clouds and marshmallows then maybe these threads aren’t for you.

Again, no attacks.

9 minutes ago, essential said:

I don't think Taylor and him are going to make the same money, but it's what I think Cousins is worth, he's a second tier QB in my opinion and shouldn't be paid like a top 5 guy.  Part of his value is messed up because since he was tagged twice in a row it's raised his price tag to an unreasonable range based on that alone.  Again, i'll say, I'd take Cousins for the right price, but I absolutely don't want him for a 5 year deal paying him 25-30m per year, I def don't think he's worth that.

So if I'm reading this and your previous post right, you'd be OK with Taylor at $18M/year but not Cousins at $25M/year?

We just disagree, then. 

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

If you think that every opinion has to be surrounded by fluffy clouds and marshmallows then maybe these threads aren’t for you.

Again, no attacks.

I pretty strongly disagree with your understanding of what an attack constitutes, and I stand by what I said about the weakness of snark as method of argumentation. I'll just leave it at that. We're not going to agree, so it's best to end this.

As one of the older guys on this board, I'll kick in my 1/2 cent on insider info:  I'm sure Dunkirk Don's info is accurate...........as of today.  But all of it can change by tomorrow.  There's always a lot of chatter between coaches and front office people in the NFL, and it's a very complex mix of personalities and events that change every day.  Assuming that Don's info is correct, it's all dependent on what happens to those players in the next few months.  One of them could get hurt.  One could get a last minute offer by another team that upsets everything else.

It's interesting to read, but ultimately impossible to say that it's written in rock.

8 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Again, no attacks.

I know a guy named Jay that lives in Idaho.

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It would be different if he were here for more than 3 weeks also.   Newbie shows up with "inside" info is too dame fishy.  

I'll post it again (and get ignored again) - 

Hi I'm SBF 

The Bills will get rid of TT (eventually)

The Bills will get rid of Dennison (eventually)

The Bills will build a new stadium (eventually)

Where are your sources?? Come now... let's apply the standard equally!

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It would be different if he were here for more than 3 weeks also.   Newbie shows up with "inside" info is too dame fishy.  

I'll post it again (and get ignored again) - 

Hi I'm SBF 

The Bills will get rid of TT (eventually)

The Bills will get rid of Dennison (eventually)

The Bills will build a new stadium (eventually)

Why how do you know he isnt a long time poster under another name that was banned or forgot login in info or something like that or wanted a new profile

Don't believe this guy he is just looking for attention.  He said Peterman's concussion was a lot worse than they thought but yet he is throwing today at practice.  Not cleared yet but if he was having headaches, etc... he wouldn't be out there.  

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Saying someone is providing "hot garbage" or is the equivalent of a drunk on Elmwood is by definition insulting them. 

It's not hard to be polite. Also, why the impulse to tweak me -- "Do you know what an attack is?"; "Sounds like you're a sensitive one as well." What's the point of that?

The board is a better place when vigorous and sometimes hot debate is done with at least a modicum of politeness. My general view is that snark is a weapon of the weak and best avoided. It doesn't reflect well on people who rely on it when crafting an argument. It's typically not funny either. 

dave...i get where you're coming from, but you are being far too sensitive about this.  no one attacked the op, and if he did get some ribbing, it was deserved for reasons that other posters have mentioned.  the op's reactions made it worse, so he ran.  not a big deal.  the level to which people are taking this is absurd.

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I know a guy named Jay that lives in Idaho.

!@#$ing idaho.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Do you think the bills don’t have contingency plans? Are you stupid.  They run through what if scenarios.  My source does not work for the Bills today but he did and is still well connected at one Bills Drive.  He will not reveal source to me but we are hunting buddies I met with my connections with bills.  I thought it was bs until he revealed the Benjamin trade before it was announced and told me peterman was starting against the Chargers.  He is in investment banking today that is how I know about the stadium

i will now exit the site and keep info to myself.  Not appreciated

Talk about thin skin.  It’s a message board my Bills brother.  Use the ignore function.  I enjoy reading your threads and I appreciate you.  I’m sure many other do as well.  I believe your source is credible.  Everything you’ve said (in this thread) makes perfect sense to me.  Don’t get all butt hurt and run away.  Click ignore and don’t take everything so personally.  You didn’t expect everyone to gasp and bow down did you?  There have been many here that have stated they have sources too.  Many prognostications came up short. Many came through.  Time will tell with you young padawan.