More from obd

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I am just sharing what I am being told. Not going to argue with you.  Believe and evaluate what you want. It is not my job to justify anything here.  My sources tell me things and I share.  Sounds like I should just be quiet.

You don't have to be quiet but you have to understand you will be questioned.

Honestly, right now, its taken as someone throwing :censored: at the wall. Time will tell as to whether you are telling the truth or not. Until then, expect people to be weary of the things you say. If you're that sensitive then maybe this just isn't the place for you. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

What's that supposed to mean? He's stated that somewhere before? I'm pretty sure 99% of owners WANT a dome, it's just a matter of affording the construction of a domed stadium.

And just because it's an indoor stadium, doesn't necessarily mean it'll be one of those massive palaces that Jones, Blank & Kroenke like. Lucas Oil Stadium (Colts) cost $856 million (adjusted for inflation), Ford Field (Lions) cost $696 million, NRG Stadium (Texans) cost $490 million (Man...Texas is awesome), and University of Phoenix Stadium (Cardinals) cost $556 million. 

Problem is a lot of owners want to go ALL-OUT and put the nicest, most luxurious and absolute best of everything in these stadiums. The box seats are of huge importance, so they make them as flashy and prestigious looking as possible to attract as much money as possible. We could feasibly build a fixed or retractable roof stadium if they were smart with their money and didn't feel the need to one-up the last palace built.

I know luxury suites are important, but New Era Field only has like 60 or so executive suites right? They wouldn't have to add a ton more, as they know their audience isn't primarily made up of a bunch of rich businessmen or upper-class white collar people. And I'd think the Pegula's would be financing the stadium privately (with possible small assistance from the county), so they'd want to make sure it was economical.

The problem is the Buffalo market. They aren't building the "executive suites" because the market won't support having them, and without a ton of extremely high priced suites, it becomes difficult to to have a viable plan for how a new stadium will provide value. So in the Bills case, the taxpayers are going to get an even worse deal than the bad one they already get everywhere else. I do believe a stadium will be built, and I'd bet on it being a dome.  But it will be built based on the political sway of the Pegulas and the need of NY politicians to curry favor with WNY.  It will never be an economically viable project.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

this thread has gotten my day off to the perfect start.  i'm considering this the board's christmas gift to me.  

joy to the world....................(in a clark griswold voice).

DD is like the jelly of the month club. He’s the gift that keeps on giving! 

• Haha (+1) 2

I don't know why people are jumping on DD. 

Whether he has inside info or not, the scenarios he outlined are both reasonable & plausible with regard to the stadium & 2018 off-season plans.

• Like (+1) 3

Will be deleting all posts but did want to share one last piece of information.  Stadium will be open air. Will seat 67,000

I know I am not appreciated here

Don't let the loud mouths get to you.. Most of us silent types are capable of enjoying this and taking it with a grain of salt

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GG said:

I don't know why people are jumping on DD. 

Whether he has inside info or not, the scenarios he outlined are both reasonable & plausible with regard to the stadium & 2018 off-season plans.

He shouldn't worry about that as his information will either come to fruition to vindicate him or it won't.   

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He shouldn't worry about that as his information will either come to fruition to vindicate him or it won't.   

These things usually come out in the wash. 

I just don't understand the penchant to immediately jump on a poster who claims to have inside info.  

One wild card in the decision, current employed offensive coordinator is in the mix.  Possible the team he works for, the entire staff will be fired.  If he becomes available,  bills will make a strong wrong at him.  Biggest hurdle is location.  Guy and family are left coast people.

Mike Sullivan from the Giants? Born and raised in California and likely to be fired along with their whole staff. He was in Tampa Bay from 2012-2013 so McDermott would be familiar with him. He was Eli Manning's QB coach in the 2010 and 2011 seasons which were 2 of his best years including the Super Bowl win.

Yeah after doing some research I'll be keeping a close eye on Mike Sullivan. Thanks for the inside info Dunkirk Don. Ignore the whiners.

• Like (+1) 2

Why do people throw shade at the OP? Pretty much all of what he says seems logical.  There have been insiders on this forum for years.  WIth new coaches and a new GM we may have a legitimate new insider.  I don't get the hate.  If it turns out in a few months that we realize he is just blowing smoke, then we can say we've been tricked like all those Peter Pan links.  In the meantime, any chance for an inside look at the thoughts at One Bills Drive seems good to me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Mike Sullivan from the Giants? Born and raised in California and likely to be fired along with their whole staff. He was in Tampa Bay from 2012-2013 so McDermott would be familiar with him. He was Eli Manning's QB coach in the 2010 and 2011 seasons which were 2 of his best years including the Super Bowl win.

Yeah after doing some research I'll be keeping a close eye on Mike Sullivan. Thanks for the inside info Dunkirk Don. Ignore the whiners.

Remember all the happy talk about Chudzinski and McD last week?

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I enjoy the inside info. I'm not 100% thrilled about cousins. I'd almost just rather take our chances with Peterman and then if necessary, draft a qb in 2019 

Agreed. Why break the bank on a guy you know will never win a super bowl? He’s solid but will never be in the same league as guys like brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Ben R.