How to sync the WGR app with the actual game telecast

DBilz2500

No I have tried it many times.

With NFL ticket the Bills game broadcast on WGR is a good 4 to 7+ min behind at times.

In a game last yr against Rams the first punt in the game was taking place while the WGR radio broadcast was still doing pregame.

Last week I synced the game action with the original audio from the Wizard of Oz.  When Peterman got knocked out it was perfectly in line with the flying monkey scene.  The whole thing made no f@#$ing sense! 

Next week I'm going to try it with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band played backward.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Last week I synced the game action with the original audio from the Wizard of Oz.  When Peterman got knocked out it was perfectly in line with the flying monkey scene.  The whole thing made no f@#$ing sense! 

Next week I'm going to try it with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band played backward.

Good call.

Whether it is dumb luck or an obtuse skill set make no never mind over here.
Your insight is astounding in moments !

Just , surreal
I was going to suggest playing Dark Side of the Moon backwards for the Reversing Wizard of OZ trick. as i read the first bit.

but i think you may have nailed it here,
Not  an beatles fan much, especially the Hippy stuff. But if thats the call, i am going with it.

Looking forward to your detailed report on this  Sunday afternoon's experiment.

and..

Go Bills !

3 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Is there a way to sync up the actual game telecast with the WGR app? I saw the announcing crew for this weeks game and no way do I wanna listen to Beth Mowins call a game. 

I do it using the Verizon NFL app. I already watch the game on ST streaming app so it's already very buffered. The audio stream is usually ahead by almost a minute. So I just hit pause until it syncs up.

Is there a way to sync up the actual game telecast with the WGR app? I saw the announcing crew for this weeks game and no way do I wanna listen to Beth Mowins call a game. 

You can do it with Sirius play x play.  ?

I saw the announcing crew for this weeks game and no way do I wanna listen to Beth Mowins call a game

Why?

I don't know much about her. Sounds OK. I barely notice the NFL play by play person. The color commentator is who catches my ear. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

The theory would be to use the DVR.  Hit "pause" as the game starts on TV, and listen to the radio.  After 5 minutes or whatever the delay is, Murph will mention the kickoff to start the game.  Hit "Play" on DVR, and now you are in synch.

I did this once and it didn't work.  The rate of the differential between the TV and radio kept changing; hard to explain, but it did not stay "in synch" once I got it there.

Try and see.  Maybe something about it is different now.

I concluded it was too much bother and just didn't work so I forgot about it.