Beth Mowins and Jay Feely Calling Dolphins vs. Bills for CBS

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, teef said:

are we going to be sued or something now?

btw, i've been drinking with likei've a number of times.  you jelly?

If it was on a Saturday afternoon and you guys were sitting around with your shirts off. Yes.

If not, also yes.

Tell him to get on here. And maybe do a push-up or two.

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

If it was on a Saturday afternoon and you guys were sitting around with your shirts off. Yes.

If not, also yes.

Tell him to get on here. And maybe do a push-up or two.

he was, but he was booted pretty quick.  i'll try to convince him the next time we have some beers.  for the record, so far, it's only been shirts on.

I have to agree with those who like Tony Romo as a color announcer.  He just talks without a filter, giving you his true thoughts.  And he knows so much.  He's like the neighbor you had over to watch a game, who won't shut up, but with Romo it's OK because he has so much good and interesting to say.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Beth mowins has called Syracuse basketball games and she's super annoying. If it's the same chic 

Edit : I was wrong it was Doris Burke, but just as annoying 

I really like Doris, and she seems to be getting better looking as she ages!

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Please God tell me she's not doing this game. Her annoying voice is like a female version of Myron Cope.

I like Mowins, two possible rreasons

1) I really liked Cope too!! The Cope-a Scope was classic locl Pittsburgh TV when I was in college in Western PA early 80's

2) I liked Mowins on college football too. Did not listen to game she did with Rex, this will be first game I hear her do the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I listend to her call of the game earlier in the season with Rex, and thought her voice was a funny sounding man's voice; was quite surprised to find out it was a woman.

Al Michaels is starting to lose it with age; he is not what he used to be.  Not sure who the best play by play football person is these days; they are all pretty bad.

Romo is the best thing I've ever heard from a color guy.

I'm so used to garbage broadcast teams for Bills game it doesn't really matter who is doing the job.

Romo is good info...but that voice is as bad for a guy as any womans voice is bad for a girl.

Romo voice hurts my ears.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yes, and I thought she was horrible then.  Like a cheese grater on my ear.  I have watched her do a game since, however, and I have grown to like her.

I've had this convo with others at some point, but I actually appreciated the job she did in that MNF game.  I'm not sure if it was just in response to my distaste for Rex, but I thought she did a good job.  I've also grown to appreciate the abilities of Suzyn Waldman who calls games for the Yankees Radio broadcast.  I HATE the Yankees, but that's what's on around here, so I'll hear her work from time to time.  Mowins reminds me of Waldman's competence and poise.  I'm looking forward to hearing Mowins call a game with a person, not a clown!  :)

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Dont know who w

she is but is she as bad as the Yankee female announcer? She speaks and you want to choke her.

It's funny how disparate the reactions are to various announcers!  I'm not saying you are right or wrong...just fascinating to observe our diverse tastes.

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I listend to her call of the game earlier in the season with Rex, and thought her voice was a funny sounding man's voice; was quite surprised to find out it was a woman.

Al Michaels is starting to lose it with age; he is not what he used to be.  Not sure who the best play by play football person is these days; they are all pretty bad.

Romo is the best thing I've ever heard from a color guy.

I'm so used to garbage broadcast teams for Bills game it doesn't really matter who is doing the job.

I like Gus Johnson, who now is doing just college football.  He brings do much energy to the broadcast.  They need to put him back on NFL games.