NFL Cracking Down on Abuse of Officials

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Your arguement holds no water.

If it did, does that allow fans that are frustrated with players performing poorly to throw stuff at them?

And...now your argument holds no water.

Huge difference between yelling at someone and actually throwing something at them. But yea, fans are more then welcome to yell at the players. Been happening for decades. 

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

With the $$$ the NFL generates and the stature of the sport in American culture, it is inexcusable for the old school system of officiating to continue in the NFL, using amateur old men lawyers and what not to do the job.

Should be a professional career like MLB has, with the guys cutting their teeth in smaller college divisions, then big time NCAA football maybe, then feed that into the NFL with guys who know what the hell they are doing.

This is nothing new; the sport needed to shift to that type of system probably 25 years ago.

:lol:

Couldn't agree more. These refs need to be substantially younger. They need to be full time. And they need to train at the D1 level. I cringe every week waiting to hear what awful crew we'll get this week. Sunday we get to pick a Booger....

So the refs are now protected by the "snowflake" rule where someone complaining to them hurts their feelings and they can flag them for it.  Great.  If that's the case Brady should have about 15 flags a game.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Couldn't agree more. These refs need to be substantially younger. They need to be full time. And they need to train at the D1 level. I cringe every week waiting to hear what awful crew we'll get this week. Sunday we get to pick a Booger....

They did hire 20+ full timers.  I'm kinda curious what their rap sheet looks like this season.

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

And...now your argument holds no water.

Huge difference between yelling at someone and actually throwing something at them. But yea, fans are more then welcome to yell at the players. Been happening for decades. 

If you read the OP you will see offensive contact mentioned. Offensive contact, physical or otherwise is in the memo.

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You can find a laywer who will file for anything as long as you pay him/her enough and not pay in meadcoins.

You better get in on meadcoin now before you retire. 

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Good luck, they are probably all thick as thieves.

The refs are all lawyers.  Why do you think officiating is such a problem.

Fergy said no 

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Fake News! :nana:;)

5 minutes ago, mead107 said:

No means no 

Hey! Wrong thread!

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Great. So what is he gonna do about the refs abuse of the teams?

Bend over and repeat after me:

"THANK YOU SIR! May I have another!"

<_<

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just because they are not listed as a laywer does not mean they aren't one (i.e. a CEO can be a laywer as well).  Supreme court JUDGES are called judges but they are almost always laywers; so are congressmen and senators.  But in this case it appears true.

This is hilarious, especially coming from Troy "I broke Losman's leg just to teach that B word a lesson" Vincent.  As said upthread, by all means, let's not question the ref's ancestry or sexual proclivities while Gronk isn't ejected from the game for deliberately injuring a player.  As for what Jerry said that got him tossed, Bull Durham answered that question.

I've never seen [Jerry] so angry.  But frankly, sports fans, he used a certain word that's a no-no with [referees].

He must have called him a c-sucker.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 1